You are not logged in.

• "nomada" started this thread

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Friday, July 26th 2013, 4:22pm

Outdated Anouncement Threads What to Delete?

Hi fellows!! : )
There is a huge list of outdated announcement threads (those you can see on the top of the list of threads when you go into a forum section like a language team section. Most of those threads were created in the
http://forum.linguisticteam.org/board1-t…ational-lounge/ and
the announcement feature allows them to show up in the sections of the
forum that we select.

Which threads do you find still useful? There were some threads from old meetings announced this way which I deleted already. But there are, for example, announcements of Updates in Pootle, Ukraine Sattelite TV Announcment, Update of Priority List (they are all outdated).
Just removing the announcement feature might be enough to clean a bit the language teams forum sections while keeping the original threads in their sections. what do you say?

Thread sponsered by 'UK Jamaican' from Tricky - http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/UK+Jamaican/4CCap9?src=5
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 45 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Yayita

Public Relations Group

Friday, July 26th 2013, 4:32pm

To help you find them, despite that all those announcements show up in the language teams sections, some of them were created in these locations:
- http://forum.linguisticteam.org/board1-t…on-box-general/

- http://forum.linguisticteam.org/board2-l…-english-dep-t/

- http://forum.linguisticteam.org/board2-l…am-playgrounds/
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

44 guests thanked already.
  • "Jimmy Page Jr (Chris Pap)" is male

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Saturday, July 27th 2013, 9:03am

If the Update of Priority List is outdated, shouldn't it be deleted? Do you keep it for some reason, Nomada?
Signature from »Jimmy Page Jr (Chris Pap)« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

1 registered user and 47 guests thanked already.

nomada

Public Relations Group

Saturday, July 27th 2013, 10:29am

I am asking because there are other options, like updating it and keeping it there.

I think we could have better results by putting other type of information that helps newcomers to integrate, in one or two announcements, maximum. The priorities would have more success if we make them a regular subject, like in the meetings, and each person promotes them in their teams and networks in search for volunteers to help with it. If we focus our promotion in them, because we find them important projects, there will most likely be more people focused on those projects. Just by telling they are priorities doesn't seem enough, besides that priorities is a subject that tends to deviate focus away from collaboration and more into discussing why this TZM item is less priority than that TVP item and vice versa, bla bla bla :nohear: We promote those 'waste' of discussions when we use not so clear terms like 'priority list'.

46 guests thanked already.
  • "Jimmy Page Jr (Chris Pap)" is male

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Saturday, July 27th 2013, 9:22pm

I don't think I am the right person to have an opinion about this, as I have been away from the team for a while. However, I do feel that it would be nice to have some time for priorities discussion in the meeting.
Signature from »Jimmy Page Jr (Chris Pap)« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

1 registered user and 45 guests thanked already.

nomada

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Sunday, July 28th 2013, 5:06am

Consider that the forum has been (ab)used as a kind of placeholder (sometimes more like a round peg in a square hole) for a lot of information that is much better served from a website. Once the member portal is launched, the forum will no longer need to handle many of the things that it is trying to currently handle.

Rod, please don't delete announcements.
Instead, if they are no longer needed as announcements, switch them over to a standard thread and, if necessary, move them to a more central location like the International Lounge (no announcements should have been created within a language team section, but I found at least one that was).

Big Hugs!
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

2 registered users and 48 guests thanked already.

nomada, Christos Pap.

© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion