You are not logged in.

• "Ray" is male
  • "Ray" started this thread

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Thursday, June 2nd 2011, 7:57pm

[Forum] Burning Board Forum (bug reports, requests, suggestions, etc.)

Please use this create individual threads for each bug, request, idea, etc. related directly to any part of these Forums, Chat, Shoutbox, Portal, etc. as we iron out any remaining issues. ;)

Also, keep in mind that many of the features modules that I've added so far have not yet been fully set up, so you're likely to see more new toys appearing over time (or features eventually become active/usable). :D
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

140 guests thanked already.
  • "brunodc" is male

Date of registration: May 31st 2011

Language Team: French

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Thursday, June 2nd 2011, 8:13pm

A few observations : - It seems that line feeds don't get displayed properly, one has to go to the source code panel and add a "br" to produce the same effect.
- When one posts a link, there's an automatic thumbnail showing a preview of the link (which shows nothing, and the image caption is in german hihi). Is that necessary ?
- I can't create rooms on the chat. [EDIT : we now have access to the administration console, so yes we can !]
- On the members list, my primary language isn't english, how could we change that ?

Suggestions :
- Would it be possible for a poster to personnalize the little thumbnail image that represents a new thread (it's a sheet, for now), so that we could see at a glance what kind of content is being worked on? For example we could have a movie reel for a video, a music note for audio, etc....
- Add multiple forum members to the todo-lists

Questions :
- In the todo-list : What's the difference between assigned user and affected user ?

P.S : I can create, edit, move and close threads at will :thumbup: [EDIT: and also create/edit forums woohoo!]

122 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 4:27pm

email notifications

Hi! Can we receive email notifications when something concerns to us?
Ex: when someone assigns/affects us on the ToDo list; when we have a message, etc?

And can we subscribe to the whole forum? :rolleyes:
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

121 guests thanked already.
  • "yv6eda" is male

Date of registration: Jun 3rd 2011

Language Team: Spanish

Focus Group: Language Coordinator

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 10:00pm

Delete a post

Who is able to delete a post?
At this time I think I'm a basic user and I can't find a way to delete my own post.
Maybe a coordinator/moderator status user can do?
Jorge

126 guests thanked already.
  • "Ray" is male

Sunday, June 5th 2011, 6:03am

A few observations :
- It seems that line feeds don't get displayed properly, one has to go to the source code panel and add a "br" to produce the same effect.

By 'line feeds', are we talking about the RSS options? Point me to where you see the option and we'll develop it together.

Quoted

- When one posts a link, there's an automatic thumbnail showing a preview of the link (which shows nothing, and the image caption is in german hihi). Is that necessary ?

Not necessary at all. I had installed a module that is supposed to supply thumbnails to links of webpages when the member hovers over them. It has since been uninstalled, but we can bring it back anytime there is nothing else to do but set it up properly. :D

Quoted

- I can't create rooms on the chat. [EDIT : we now have access to the administration console, so yes we can !]

There is still much experimenting to do along these lines.

Quoted

- On the members list, my primary language isn't english, how could we change that ?

I'm not sure of the question. Does it now show English with no way to modify that selection, or does it not show English, but you want it to?

Quoted

Suggestions :
- Would it be possible for a poster to personnalize the little thumbnail image that represents a new thread (it's a sheet, for now), so that we could see at a glance what kind of content is being worked on? For example we could have a movie reel for a video, a music note for audio, etc....

There may be a module for this, but keep in mind that we are limited to the modules made to work with this specific version of the forum software. That info is at the bottom of every page in here.

Quoted

- Add multiple forum members to the todo-lists

That's another module. Perhaps it could be put in as a request of the module dev(s) ;)

Quoted

Questions :
- In the todo-list : What's the difference between assigned user and affected user ?

Seems like a reasonable question, but I don't know the answer yet.

125 guests thanked already.
  • "Ray" is male

Sunday, June 5th 2011, 6:05am

RE: email notifications

Hi! Can we receive email notifications when something concerns to us?
Ex: when someone assigns/affects us on the ToDo list; when we have a message, etc?

And can we subscribe to the whole forum? :rolleyes:

Some things do cause an email to be sent automatically, but I'm not yet sure which of them do this. I have enabled the ability in all of the modules that presented the option.

I haven't found a way to subscribe to the entire site yet.

86 guests thanked already.
  • "Ray" is male

Sunday, June 5th 2011, 6:14am

RE: Delete a post

Who is able to delete a post?
At this time I think I'm a basic user and I can't find a way to delete my own post.
Maybe a coordinator/moderator status user can do?
Jorge

You should now be able to do that. :P

89 guests thanked already.
  • "brunodc" is male

Date of registration: May 31st 2011

Language Team: French

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Monday, June 6th 2011, 1:46pm

Quoted

By 'line feeds', are we talking about the RSS options? Point me to where you see the option and we'll develop it together.
I'm talking about the text editor for posting messages. By line feeds, I mean ASCII code 10. And that behaviour has to do with the fact that I enabled HTML support (settings tab) in the first message that I posted and so I need to add br tags, but when the option is deactivated everything is fine :)

Quoted

Not necessary at all. I had installed a module that is supposed to supply thumbnails to links of webpages when the member hovers over them. It has since been uninstalled, but we can bring it back anytime there is nothing else to do but set it up properly.
haha OK, that's good to know, but I'm not a huge fan of those thumbnails, even when they're set up properly (in google for example) unless they're used to enlarge a thumbnail when we hover over it.

Quoted

[About the chat]There is still much experimenting to do along these lines.
we have to synch it with skype, so that burning board stores undelivered messages :P (Yeah right, dream on, Bruno... :rolleyes: )

Quoted

I'm not sure of the question. Does it now show English with no way to modify that selection, or does it not show English, but you want it to?
I'm talking specifically about the language column in the member's list. Everyone's language is english, is there a way to change that or is it tied to the forum's main language? We can change our flag only in our personal portal section, and we can only be Austrian or Swiss :D

Quoted

Some things do cause an email to be sent automatically, but I'm not yet sure which of them do this. I have enabled the ability in all of the modules that presented the option.
For those who don't know it yet, you can be notified when private messages are sent : click on "edit profile" on the top button bar, then click on "Settings" > "Communication" > and then in the "Private Messages" section you can tick the box "E-mail notification on new private message"

102 guests thanked already.
  • "Ray" is male

Tuesday, June 7th 2011, 12:26am

With so many new things to play with in here, how about we start a new GDoc specifically for documenting all of the things we still need to 'look at', refine, consider removing or adding, etc.?

Google Doc

119 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion