• "Diana" is female
  • "Diana" started this thread

Date of registration: Jul 16th 2011

Language Team: Italian

Focus Group: Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator

Wednesday, October 19th 2011, 12:08am

activation

maybe I'm not receiving the emails from Pootle with new requestes...

I showed the translators those steps for being activated and it works just with some of them.
I don't know if it's us or Pootle but I'm adding people to projects manually... :help:

UPDATE: maybe I'm receiving requests just for the old projects and not for the new ones. :!:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Diana" (Oct 21st 2011, 6:06pm)

1 registered user and 69 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray

• "Diana" is female

Language Coordinator

Friday, December 9th 2011, 3:31pm

Hi!
now I'm almost sure that I'm not receiving the activation requests from Pootle, in particular when the selected project is "TZM Global Documents".
Please, coordinators, check your project members because there could be someone waiting for their permissions and then leave here your feedback. ;)

:kiss:

69 guests thanked already.
  • "lizardman" is male

Date of registration: Jun 3rd 2011

Language Team: Bulgarian

LTI Administration Group

Saturday, December 10th 2011, 4:32pm

Hey!

What do you mean you're adding members manually? Can you specify? There's only one way to give permissions to a member for some project.

And about the receiving of emails when a member has joined a project: they don't arrive immediately. After the person has selected a given project, there is some time (maybe 24 hours, I'm not sure) that the system waits before it starts to send you email messages. Maybe this could be the reason you didn't receive emails?

64 guests thanked already.
  • "Diana" is female

Language Coordinator

Saturday, December 10th 2011, 5:36pm

Thanks Liz! ^^

I meant adding users from the "Language members" list and not form the "Project members" list (but I did it just once).

Then yesterday I found a request waiting there from more than ten days, but maybe they selected also some of the other projects, those open just the English and French Teams. Could it be the reason emails don't go through?

60 guests thanked already.
  • "lizardman" is male

Date of registration: Jun 3rd 2011

Language Team: Bulgarian

LTI Administration Group

Sunday, December 11th 2011, 1:33pm

Adding permissions from the Language area is not a good idea since it gives permissions for all the projects in that language. But then later on many situations might arise when you may need to restrict people from making changes or investing time translating/proofing in a given project (say someone sends you a finished translation of that project outside of Pootle). Then you'll go to the project's permission page and set everyone to 'View'. If you have more than one place to look for peoples' permissions, mistakes are much more likely to happen. And you don't want volunteers investing their time in vain or something like that. So that's the reason we give permissions for the individual projects, not for the whole language. Just saying in case someone hadn't thought about that. :)

It is hard to know exactly what caused Pootle not to send emails. There are at least two possibilities I can think of right now. One is that your assumption that the person selected the projects more than ten days ago is incorrect. The other possibility, like you say, is if the person selected a non-translatable project.

Anyways, you can test the emailing function by removing some member's permissions and see what happens. But better inform the person that you'll play with their permissions for testing purposes. :P

59 guests thanked already.
  • "Diana" is female

Language Coordinator

Sunday, December 11th 2011, 2:22pm

Thank you again, Liz! your explanation is very clear. I see what you mean, indeed I added the user from the permission page of a specific project not from the "overview" area and he was given the permission just for that project not for all projects we have in our language.

Can I?! ok, I'll play with one mate and their permissions :tonguer:

1 registered user and 67 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Monday, July 30th 2012, 1:35am

Hi Diana :loveya:
I'm wondering if this is fully resolved.
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

56 guests thanked already.
  • "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Monday, September 1st 2014, 9:13am

To help clear up any remaining confusion (and since Borislav appears to have misspoke on one of the details above):

If a person is not appearing in the Project Members section of the coordinator's 'project permissions' page, it means they have not added that project to their own Settings page yet, and so you should NOT add them to that particular project. Pootle only adds people to the "Project Members" section of a given project's drop-down box after they have actually asked Pootle (not you) for that project.

The misspoken part in Bo's older reply is that adding them from the "Language Member" drop-down list section doesn't cause them to be set up in all projects. It's just that now Pootle will complain to me that the member now wants to be removed from that project, since they do not have it in their own Settings. On a related note, giving non-coordinators permissions in the main "Language Index" page's Permissions tab does give them universal permissions and, therefore, is to be avoided. When I come across such situations, I remove anyone from those 'language master' sections that are not known to us as official coordinators. ;)

If a member tells you that they added a specific project to their Settings, but you don't find them in that project's "Project Members" drop-down list section, ask them to send you a screenshot of their Settings page so you can show them what they are still missing. Chances are fair to good that they simply forgot to click Save at the bottom of the page when they tried to add it, or something similarly frustrating. If you're unable to figure out what to do to solve the issue, hit me up directly and I'll help resolve it.

Edit: I almost forgot to mention that Pootle will never send out a notification if the person hasn't successfully added a new project to their Settings page. That 'member action' is the trigger that causes Pootle to send them out to you, the coordinators, to let you know that one of your fellow members now needs some perms set up by you.
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

2 registered users and 48 guests thanked already.

rock3r, Aldi96

© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion