You are not logged in.

• "KimYda" is male
  • "KimYda" started this thread

Date of registration: Feb 23rd 2014

Language Team: Dutch

Focus Group: Translator

Thursday, February 27th 2014, 10:21pm

Platform choices

As I understood in one of the other threads, the current version of the PMS (beta stage?) is a custom PHP solution, and the member portal is going to be on Joomla. Has anyone ever done a comparison of the current solutions on the market, both for the PMS and for the portal. I stumbled across quite a few open source Translation Management Systems (e.g. GlobalSight) and I have also taken a look at some of the arguments to look at when picking a CMS (if we were to extend that into our own PMS). It seems that Joomla lacks good support for defining workflows, and lacks easy of use in the content type / template area. So this made me curious as to what lead to these choices?

Can someone who was already around when that happened, please elaborate on this, to help me get some more insight into things?

Thanks!

1 registered user and 34 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Monday, March 3rd 2014, 1:21am

As you're hitting on several topics at once here, it would be much easier (and provide a much more comprehensive understanding) to provide you with this kind of background info via voice-chat. If you have Skype, add me (gmanzm). Alternatively, we could also use Teamspeak.
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

38 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion