You are not logged in.

• "nomada" started this thread

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Sunday, February 2nd 2014, 1:44pm

Amara.org new interface.

A beta version of a new translation editor interface is available at Amara.org. It drives us through some steps after translating the video, like translating the title and description, revising the translation, title and description before considering the translation complete, and we can add a string in our translation between the others and change their times too, if needed, without changing the transcription.

It seems very practical for translating.
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 35 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Borislav/lizardman

• "Christos Pap." is male

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Monday, February 3rd 2014, 8:49pm

How about giving it a shot for trascribing and timeshifting? Why don't we experiment on that one too, since Rod feels the current process of the English team is unsustainable? Have you ever worked on amara guys? I tried it once and I tought it was very easy for timeshifting. I thought that if you do timeshifting offline, why not do it in Amara, along with transcribing and proofreading? This way you won't have to upload and download videos and srts.
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

39 guests thanked already.
  • "nomada" started this thread

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Tuesday, February 4th 2014, 5:40pm

The videos done in amara have always needed timeshifting offline, until now. Maybe you can try to transcribe with Amara in a way that it won't need timeshifting offline?
You may also want to find a way to keep the transcription from being changed by other amara users. I have no idea if they cover that. And if you get there, use that motion to take it further and think how to manage the new Amara account + the dotsub account. There is a lot of admin work to do in any of them. Maybe Amara makes it easier but Dotsub gives us much more insight and possibilities as it is now.

Maybe you want to ask @Ray: to give you access to the dotsub dashboard and you will understand better.

hugs ; )
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

45 guests thanked already.
  • "Christos Pap." is male

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Tuesday, February 4th 2014, 6:44pm

Ι just dropped it as an idea in the context of trying out different tools. I definitely need to experiment more to find out its pros and cons. There is a new amara beta, so I need to see the changes and try timeshifting. I will play a little with amara and I will give you feedback.

I have also thought about these issues. I will try out amara first thoroughly and then try to find the answer these problems.
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

1 registered user and 38 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada

© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion