You are not logged in.

• "Eric" started this thread

Date of registration: Oct 21st 2011

Language Team: French

Focus Group: Translator

Friday, October 21st 2011, 6:08pm

In The Videos, We Must Not Use The Strings Of Two Seconds

I have noticed that there is a big problem with the timing of the videos. We must not insert into the videos intervals (or strings) of two seconds. It is too short. Your approach of the timing is anglo-centric. You forget that the other languages are not as efficient, terse as english. As for me, I have trouble to shove my french translations into the videos owing to the intervals of two seconds.

Therefore, I would like you to permit me to modify the timing of the following videos :

- The first interview that PJ gave to RT : http://dotsub.com/view/29026f91-2ab3-4805-9c47-3a33fc783b09

This video is littered with intervals of two seconds.

- "Zeitgeist Moving Forward press conference" : http://dotsub.com/view/53789074-db73-4475-9cbc-3aa55c706c87

In this videos there are even intervals of one second ! :

05:43 : "will have to step back and say "OK" "

O7:27 : "and everyone slowly accepts it and eventually"

Perhaps there are other intervals of one second in this video. I have started to insert my translation in this video (15 %).

29 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Saturday, October 22nd 2011, 11:55am

For any development of this subject, please consult the developments made at: In The Videos, We Must Not Use The Strings Of Two Seconds

... and develop it in this present thread, where future developments should be considered. this is a suggestion :bighug:
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

30 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion