You are not logged in.

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
LTI Administration Group

Monday, February 17th 2014, 10:20am

Here is the link: GoogledocsRocks!! Change the world in collaboration without time constraints while having your information all in one place :D

There is no need to define the PR Group for something to happen. You and Di added something there according to how much you are aware, your free time, etc. Those people who didn't add something are not ready (or not willing) to participate on that focus at the moment. That information on what is needed and what can be done to achieve it, etc can help others to participate more. I think the ideal is for everyone to help build the strategies and so become it. So just use and abuse the google doc, as it is our best tool to communicate around this so relevant focus ;)
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

49 guests thanked already.
  • "Christos Pap." is male
  • "Christos Pap." started this thread

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Monday, February 17th 2014, 9:43pm

That's not the document I was talking about. You had another one with all the related platforms (facebook, youtube etc.) along with many possible ways you could use to promote finished videos, to inform the public etc. Actually, it was a google spreadsheet.

Also, some while ago, I experimented with something. I added annotations in the beginning and the end of each of the Greek team's published videos with the team's name and e-mail (eg. "translated by greeklingteam, contact us at greeklingteam@gmail.com"). Of course we have relevant info in each of our video's but I thought the annotations are easier to see. You can check it out here YouTube . It didn't have any positive results yet, but I didn't actually gave it much time. I haven't done it in all of our videos. Maybe now that we have some new members, I will do it more consistently, so that I can have more reliable results. If they are positive, I will let you know.
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

2 registered users and 49 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada, Ray

• "ralle4" is female

Date of registration: Jul 27th 2012

Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader
Public Relations Group

Thursday, February 20th 2014, 7:19pm

I have a question: what exactly are " the Rbe Communities" ?

47 guests thanked already.

Language Coordinator

Thursday, February 20th 2014, 7:37pm

Great question! Usually we refer to it in singular, as in "the RBE community". It's supporters of the Zeitgeist Movement, the Venus Project and other organizations, who advocate the idea of a global Natural Resource-Based Economy.
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

49 guests thanked already.
  • "ralle4" is female

English Proofreader
Public Relations Group

Thursday, February 20th 2014, 8:34pm

Oh. Ok. Cause I kept hearing it being used in the plural: "Rbe Communities", which is why I was confused. Perhaps it was a language thing. I understood perhaps there were many little pockets of people that had collected in different places, that not only believe in and supported these ideas, but were also living them to some degree in practice. (I know I do, but am just an individual, not a whole community.) I thought that perhaps since I "came in a little late", like as in after the split between TZM and TVP, I had missed some of the development process, and there were RBe specific "communities" in various places, w/ small populations of people involved in a sharing of resources life-style, that somehow we were all in touch w/ and "reaching out to" via our work on the internet. ??.

50 guests thanked already.
  • "ralle4" is female

English Proofreader
Public Relations Group

Thursday, February 20th 2014, 8:44pm

and PS, I tried several times to access the Googledoc, to add to it (a few weeks ago when nomada first posted it, I attempted to comment/add something to it) and later to read what had been added by others so far, but do not have access for some reason. I will ask Ray about it cause I could not even access what he told me to do to see the additions to the doc. (I hadn't said anything about it cause have been occupied w/ other things, and figured I would come back to it since it was something else that would require a little time to take care of.) :) Were you going to combine the two threads of this? Cause I added comments and ideas on the older thread last week, not realizing it was the older thread and we'd "moved" over here. :)

48 guests thanked already.

Language Coordinator

Thursday, February 20th 2014, 11:00pm

Hey Ramona. You need access to edit the gdoc. You should give your e-mail to Nomada. He can give you access. I suggest you write anything you want here.

1 registered user and 49 guests thanked already.

ralle4

LTI Administration Group

Thursday, February 20th 2014, 11:44pm

That's not the document I was talking about. You had another one with all the related platforms (facebook, youtube etc.) along with many possible ways you could use to promote finished videos, to inform the public etc. Actually, it was a google spreadsheet.
For a long time now hat I don't use that doc. It is too confusing and full of misunderstandings, semantic ones too :p
We better use the new one and build the strategies in it. This info about the notifications, for example, could be there.

I have tried with some notifications in the videos. From the resulting experience, I guess that if your video has 30 views per day, lets say, maybe 60 % of the viewers didn't find what they wanted and didn't watch till the end. Of the others that watch it, how many have awareness (recognize the info), curiosity, relaxed time, or the acquaintance and habit with the techniques of research to rewrite those terms in google or copy a link - that is not clicable in the notification - so that they discover that there is a complicated forum behind it? But it will stay on their minds, depending of what was put there, and later it will give results. I think that 'volunteer' and the purpose of 'collective awareness for a better world' are things that people relate to. But then there is not much time/space for all that plus an email address or forum link :D

I made quite some 'noise' these days and it generated some movement with new portuguese registrations in the forum, a new volunteer translating the TVP Magazine, the youtube is increasing the 'minutes watched' stats - which is a better reference than 'views', etc. But alone I can't be everywhere to sustain these developments. That is why the importance of these communications across languages in PR focuses. With a global focus we can have more people coming, more people receiving newcomers, more translations being released, more free time to improve quality, more volunteers concerned with quality and better skilled or/and graduated in languages, more free time for us to improve all of this, etc It becomes a cycle.

I'll have a meeting for the portuguese Think Tank idea now. We might focus on promoting the Zday in the media, as a first big project.

hugs
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

52 guests thanked already.

Language Coordinator

Thursday, February 20th 2014, 11:59pm

I've written down the possibility of an annotations strategy in that doc. I haven't tried it yet to share experience. How exactly did you create that "noise", Rodrigo? Care to tell?

53 guests thanked already.
  • "ralle4" is female

English Proofreader
Public Relations Group

Friday, February 21st 2014, 4:13am

Hey Ramona. You need access to edit the gdoc. You should give your e-mail to Nomada. He can give you access. I suggest you write anything you want here.
I did, Christos, I wrote a whole thing w/ some ideas on the older thread last week, and it included what I was gonna write on the G-doc in the beginning. That's why I was asking if you were going to combine them as nomada suggested. If you're not planning to combine the threads I can copy and re-post if necessary.

And he has my email, :) but I'll give it to him again. :)

Thank you, btw. ;)

46 guests thanked already.

Language Coordinator

Friday, February 21st 2014, 1:45pm

Actually, I am not sure what thread you are referring to, Ramona. Feel free to add anything here.

47 guests thanked already.

LTI Administration Group

Friday, February 21st 2014, 8:54pm

I've written down the possibility of an annotations strategy in that doc. I haven't tried it yet to share experience. How exactly did you create that "noise", Rodrigo? Care to tell?

Just posted and commented on stuff a bit everywhere, anything that could increase the exposure of others to relevant information.

48 guests thanked already.

Language Coordinator

Tuesday, February 25th 2014, 12:04am

YouTube

Hey lovely people! In the above video you can see what I was talking about when I mentioned the idea of adding annotations on the beginning and end of a published video in order to inform the public of your need of volunteers and how they can contact you. You can see the annotations at 00:31 and 47:09 . If you have this info both in annotations and in the video descriptions, it increases the chance that the viewer will be aware of your need for volunteers. The advantage of the annotation is that it appears on screen, and this might prove to be useful given the fact that not everyone sees the video description.

It's a very fun project for a co-ord since you have to find a good spot for the annotation (in the beginning and the end) and it kind of makes it feel like a proper translation job like the ones you see on any TV series you download. It gives a nice full-circle feeling to have an annotation when the video starts- actually when the plot starts, not exactly at the beginning of the video - and when it ends.

1 registered user and 49 guests thanked already.

ralle4

• "ralle4" is female

English Proofreader
Public Relations Group

Tuesday, February 25th 2014, 6:18am

Christos, just for the sake of clarity, this is the other thread: Attracting New Members & Keeping the Old Ones

The 2nd to the last post nomada asks about the possibility of combining the two. There is discussion and a lot of ideas and questions expressed in that thread, too, so thought I would at least post it, since you said you did not know which was the other discussion thread regarding this topic, and it may be good to "keep", b/c people have put a lot of ideas on there, too, and it would be good not to "lose" them, especially for people coming in later, some ideas may trigger others in people; just a thought.

In addition, I ran across several places last night that I sure didn't know about, prior, that would be great places to put out feelers for volunteers. I will add them to the goodledoc, but since I'm here, I'll just include them in this post, as well. They are ALL RBE websites, in one form or another! Here's what I found, and I'll bet any one of these websites would let us post an "ad" or something of the sort to ask for more volunteers: https://www.facebook.com/groups/224148967647327/- This is the main site from which I found these others: https://www.facebook.com/GlobalUnityProject?fref=ts, https://www.facebook.com/onecommunityfans?fref=ts, Shut Up & Grow It! | Part of Shut Up Enterprises, https://www.facebook.com/TwinOaksCommunity/info, https://www.facebook.com/AcornCommunity

The last several may not yield much as far as a lot of volunteers (in terms of "high volume" like fb pages or other sites) but anyone visiting any of these sites is definitely interested in Rbe ideas, and anyone involved in any of these places is already "in", they don't need to be convinced of the merits. So while possibly not huge volume sites (the 1st is probably the best because it's the "main one", @ least of these) it wouldn't take much to put some info there and we may get a few more people. :)

Cheers! :drinks:

51 guests thanked already.

Language Coordinator

Tuesday, February 25th 2014, 10:05am

Hey Ramona. That's a great idea! Did you ask these sites about letting us post an ad there?

51 guests thanked already.

Used tags

public, relations

Social bookmarks

© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion