You are not logged in.

• "ralle4" is female

Date of registration: Jul 27th 2012

Language Team: English

Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader
Public Relations Group

Tuesday, February 25th 2014, 7:39pm

No, Christos, I have not, yet. I will get to that as soon as I can. Just adding to the post for the moment, and possibly this can give others ideas, too -- I just found them the other night. I will.

P.S., Maybe this is where some of our volunteers have "disappeared to", also. People are busy building communities on Rbe principals; they're not waiting for TVP's or anybody else's plan to come about to start things. It's very cool. :)

57 guests thanked already.
  • "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Wednesday, February 26th 2014, 3:34am

Ray, when I was talking about how are we going to provide a batter basis for people understand the RBE concept, I wasn't asking if someone is "personally" going to do it. I am not sure there is such a thing. I was just asking if we are going to this via collaborative projects (eg. what Rod and Pris are doing with contacting journalists etc) or one-one (eg. talking in Skype with someone to give them more basic info about the RBE)

There is potentially much more to the overall PR Group long-term focus, but don't worry about that right now. What is needed right now is a buildup of the team, focused on whatever makes the most sense as a starting point. On a related note, the PR Group focus does not include trying to provide a better basis for understanding the global RBE concept. All of the materials we produce will do that for us, provided more and more people can be introduced to them. To that end, encouraging all ZM Chapters & TVP POCs to promote the hell out of all that's already completed in their languages would provide a great boost to this, as well as potentially attract more people into the language teams to help translate/proofread even more completed materials to pass out. Think Synergistically! ;)
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

56 guests thanked already.
  • "Christos Pap." is male
  • "Christos Pap." started this thread

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Wednesday, February 26th 2014, 1:43pm

@Ray

I understand a little bit better now. Personally, I contacted Pangea (a Greek NGO, which works as the representative of TVP in Greece) to arrange some kind of collaboration and promotion of the work we release but it didn't work out, for various reasons. Also, I contacted the Greek TZM coordinator when they announced they were going to have a monthly newsletter, and now every month all released LTI and GreekLingTeam videos are announced on the TZM newsletter. Also, I am really looking forward to the results of the annotations (in the end and beginning of a video) experiment, and if the info on the annotations will attract any members (given that not everyone looks at the video description). I will keep you briefed.

@Ralle

This is true about many people joining these communities at least in my country. There are lots of independent moves towards this direction. Personally, I try to keep contact with them so that they understand that we can't be isolated in this effort. We have to be together on this, otherwise we won't make a big impact. The government can outlaw these communities anytime they want. We need a mass behind all this so that it can't be outlawed, just like what happened with downloading. If everyone is downloading, you can't arrest everyone :) I know that some people accuse them of isolation but you have to understand that these people were forced in this direction by bio-socio-economic pressures. They had to get out of this system, otherwise they wouldn't survive (eg. due to unemployment). I don't think we achieve anything by accusing them. We're not here to dictate the future. What we can do is collaborate with them and let them know that as much as these transition projects are needed, we also need the critical mass behind all this so that we can't be stopped by vested interests (eg. politicians, corporations). Same goes for everything that happens, like the global income. No, it's not enough. Nothing is. But everything that happens is real, so we might as well take advantage of every situation to educate the people. I may have taken it a little bit too far, but I believe that what you talked about, Ralle, falls into a broader subject.
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

3 registered users and 55 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray, nomada, ralle4

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
LTI Administration Group

Thursday, February 27th 2014, 10:13pm

I contacted the Greek TZM coordinator when they announced they were going to have a monthly newsletter, and now every month all released LTI and GreekLingTeam videos are announced on the TZM newsletter.

Way to go!! : ) Let us know of the results on that in some time from now. In Portugal things are too unstable for now.Zday is the focus and there is no structure for a newsletter. But if things improve, that could be a way. If the translations collaboration becomes more stable, we can ourselves create the newsletter and we will have access in the website to post it there regularly. But unfortunately those are also not that stable yet.
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 54 guests thanked already.

Ray

Language Coordinator

Thursday, February 27th 2014, 11:25pm

Υes Rod, I forgot to mention that. I have access to tzm.gr (the official site of the greek chapter), so I can have announcements there (eg. translators needed for AOG). Also, the newsletters are kept in an archive in the site, so everyone has access to them and can forward them or share them.
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

2 registered users and 59 guests thanked already.

Ray, nomada

• "ralle4" is female

English Proofreader
Public Relations Group

Monday, March 3rd 2014, 12:56am

This is true about many people joining these communities at least in my country. There are lots of independent moves towards this direction. Personally, I try to keep contact with them so that they understand that we can't be isolated in this effort. We have to be together on this, otherwise we won't make a big impact. The government can outlaw these communities anytime they want. We need a mass behind all this so that it can't be outlawed, just like what happened with downloading. If everyone is downloading, you can't arrest everyone :) I know that some people accuse them of isolation but you have to understand that these people were forced in this direction by bio-socio-economic pressures. They had to get out of this system, otherwise they wouldn't survive (eg. due to unemployment). I don't think we achieve anything by accusing them. We're not here to dictate the future. What we can do is collaborate with them and let them know that as much as these transition projects are needed, we also need the critical mass behind all this so that we can't be stopped by vested interests (eg. politicians, corporations). Same goes for everything that happens, like the global income. No, it's not enough. Nothing is. But everything that happens is real, so we might as well take advantage of every situation to educate the people. I may have taken it a little bit too far, but I believe that what you talked about, Ralle, falls into a broader subject.
I don't know; I honestly have no idea, you might be right. ...But this site's aim seems to be: bringing everyone together under 1 roof; in other words, all of the different separate groups that are branching out and beginning to start building communities. It is definitely associated w/ TZM and definitely Rbe minded. (For some reason when I clicked on this from the post I put it in originally on this thread, it came up as "Page Not Found" and then I got some other kind of search thing for fb.?? Idk, but I bookmarked the page on my computer and this address is correct. If you have any trouble accessing it, if you are interested in looking at the page, let me know, but it should work.? :)) https://www.facebook.com/groups/224148967647327/

64 guests thanked already.
  • "ralle4" is female

English Proofreader
Public Relations Group

Monday, March 3rd 2014, 1:36am

Below is the post I put on the old thread of this subject. Since we've "moved over here" and the threads are not being combined, I'm re-posting. Also, some of these ideas may not be so LTI specific as far as reaching new people, but rather more general to spreading Rbe awareness. So sorry if I was not wholly "on-topic" re: specifically getting LTI volunteers. I was responding to nomada's post. :) Also, since I wrote this, I have re-posted many times info on the political site I was speaking of. :)

Quoted

Quoted from "nomada"

I have a suggestion to what you suggested, Christos. Me and @kassy: are starting a new project which we call 'RBE Think Tank', and the purpose is to gather contents in any format and send them as articles or suggested and semi-guided researches to different media to see if they publish them. It all depends on their characteristics and what you wish to spread or reach. For example, we created a suggestion of a post with an image with a quote and some descriptive text with a link to a video. Then we selected several Facebook pages with high ranking of viewers, like between 20.000 and 300K, and evaluating if their walls are very active, and send it to several if the content fits what they publish. It can be a Technological Unemployment article+ video to a magazine, a newspapper, a doc to a TV channel. If they do, you can have many thousands of people knowing about the Venus Project for the first time. Reaches much further than a FB page but serves a whole different function: take the content beyond RBE circles
Yes!!! This is what I was thinking since I came on board here, to LTI, I mean, in the first place. It has been in my mind since the beginning as something I noticed, & saw as a great limitation, but never articulated! I see that most people on the fb pages associated w/ TVP/TZM use a name on their pages like "So and So Zeitgeist" or "Pro Rbe" or the like. And I kept hearing about "the RBE communities". This doesn't make a lot of sense to me, as we are trying to build an RBE World, and what I was noticing is that all of the information seems to continue to circulate among the same people that know about this already, rather than reaching others who do not. I am guilty of this same thing, too, as I opened a second fb page when I joined LTI. I take a lot of things I find posted on the page I use for TZM, mostly, etc. and post them on the other page (and I do like and share a fair amount of TZM/TvP material on there, too), but I wonder about the effectiveness and how this is exponentially duplicated by so many supporters. My original idea was to "transfer" a lot of my "personal friends" from my other page to this one, so I could increase the flow of material in the news feeds of the people I know from other places (like home. ;)), but I am sorry to say I have not done NEAR as much of that as I want to, and it is going to be a priority for me very soon, so more information can reach those I love and really want to reach. I think that this is a problem, w/the information just sort of "circulating amongst ourselves", which does little to reach "newbies" and truly carry the message to the world. It is good in the sense that "we" are all continually reinforced and steeped in the concepts and therefore transition, but we need to spread the word. Your ideas are AWESOME.

I was also thinking yesterday (as I did it in a group here in the US called Represent US) w/ all of the political unrest out there, there are, I am sure, TONS of "political platforms", reform groups, (non-profits, as we have here in the states) w/ the purpose of reforming the governments all over the world in each country. It may be that we could not continue to post RBE materials in such group forums, but we surely could at minimum PRESENT the ideas and some materials (I posted TZM and TVP's official page, and I think both Youtube pages on the main
page of this group Represent Us, that is attempting to "get the money out of politics" here in the states, and has acknowledged that BOTH "parties" are just playing the same game) and re-visit from time to time doing the same. I realized it was a great place to post the materials and links to TVP/TZM ideas, as everyone IN there is also looking for a change and a real way out of this whole mess! We could EASILY go onto some of those places and post some info, here and there, and maybe engage in some discussions w/ people in those public forums as a way to introduce them to the materials. I was not really doing that intentionally, but rather accidentally, as I was interested in some of the things these guys were posting. But then I saw the opportunity so it made sense. Also, w/ reference to your idea of linking an image and an article and posting places, also TV stations and TV shows (such as newscasts or political shows/ even comedic ones) ALL have fb pages and discussion forums. We can do these things on there. Also, one of the girls posting on David's page (TZM Close) mentioned that she has done a lot of transcriptions and so has text from many of Peters' lectures and other materials on her computer. The idea I was just thinking, is using just a line or two from a video, some provocative point or interesting "tagline" (eg: "This shit's gotta go!") linked w/ an image and the video, like they do w/ advertising. (Not sure if this is what you want or not) but I imagine people will
"click" and watch with that idea, too, as well as w/ a brief description of the video contents. ??

One more thought I would like to add to this: What Rod said about life, and the focus of most people's days: I have 'gone in and out' of this quite a bit since I started. Not that I have ever "been 'out' " and I am always sharing the message in my life and living the concepts, which ALSO shares the message, but I have been limited in doing more LTI work
because of other things in Life since I began here. We all have that. The more people we reach w/ these ideas, the more our societies may be affected positively; I don't think there is a really easy answer. But everything is so entangled and complicated in society's workings, now, that everyone is affected, and Life becomes really complicated and time consuming sometimes. Also, it is very true that people "forget about things" when they are not regularly exposed to them, or rather "remember about things" that they ARE regularly exposed
to, but I also know that everyone's life is pretty much a mess out there w/ all the things that are going on, so people are hungry for answers. And even if we are not as active as we would like to be at a given time,spreading the word online, each of us is coming in contact w/ other people every day, and the way we interact w/them as the result of the RBE concepts, does a lot to forward the ideas of an RBE, even if we don't actually reach them w/ the specific information: we live it. And that spreads it somehow, too. Just a thought.

I don't know if there is an easy way to "hold on to" volunteers, as I think everyone gets pulled into the flow of their life and has to "go there" sometimes. But I also don't think people who are truly interested in this really "forget". I could be wrong cause I'm not "keeping the numbers" on any of that, and not a coordinator trying to 'keep my group active', but the more we spread the ideas and reach people who haven't already been reached, the more chance we have for volunteers. Plus, I think people really LIKE doing this. So, once we "snag 'em" they should be back around soon as they can, ya know? I really think this problem is due to the level of stress and volatility going on "out there" rather than solely due to people just "doing other things w/ their time". So we haveto reach as many as we can, w/ LTI needs as well as just RBE in general ideas, and make it as easy as possible for people to make sense of things when they get here. That's it.

1 registered user and 60 guests thanked already.

nomada

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
LTI Administration Group

Monday, March 3rd 2014, 11:27am

Your actions seem to me that you have this huge amount of energy and time, Ramona, which I imagine could have a better focus than writing long posts in this forum. Abundance is important but so it is efficiency too. I remember wen lizardman called a few people on skype for a meeting and, for my surprise, he suggested that we all engage in the TVP Foundational Course. Weird that he suggests that when we are transcribing and translating the contents (well, those each person can reach on our short volunteer time but after years we touch a lot of them), thought to myself. Then I understood why he gave himself the trouble of a meeting only for that reason when I read the first parts of the course contents (a chapter of Looking Forward, some pages of the TVP website, etc) and had the first meeting with Filip Ivanov. I think this is something worth of you applying that energy at. I can easily imagine you writing about these ideas in all types of platforms and even having audio gatherings like Filip is doing, as a TVP mentor.

PS - I didn't read all that you posted above. No transcriptions or translations would advance, let alone get done, today if I would do so :D

hugs
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

60 guests thanked already.

Language Coordinator

Tuesday, March 4th 2014, 1:24am

Hey Ralle. I'm pasting here something that Ray wrote in another post to give you an idea of what we could do if you would like to help.

"I (we) have a direct invite from PJ for posting to the TZM resources and I do a lot of work alongside TVP's Social Media group, which is always looking for relevant information to post. TZM posting would be a manual deal, but TVP's system includes the use of Hootsuite to automate the timing of most of their posts.

We first need to put our creative heads together and create an idea of the kind and amount of information flow we feel needs to be spread to these resources to maximize effectiveness without turning people deaf to the messages. Topics to consider include what types of info would provide the most benefit (both to the need for volunteers, as well as the need for people to make use of completed translations), the frequency of overall posting within a given resource given the size and activity of its membership & audience (always avoid coming across like a spam), the frequency of aiming posts on a given topic or focus (seek balance between continually generating interest and message saturation), methods for maximizing the impact of such posts (including a relevant image in the forum thread to be linked allows that image to show through with the post in Facebook and other resources that tap into "Open Graph" meta tags), etc.."

What do you say, Ralle? We could brainstorm on how to use the FB groups and post it on the gdoc Rod created.

1 registered user and 57 guests thanked already.

Ray

Language Coordinator

Monday, March 10th 2014, 4:37pm

Something I forgot to mention. It's probably my highest potential PR strategy. I noted it on the gdoc too.

Collaboration with a TV channel. I have also started that actually. There is a TV channel in Greece - it has low popularity yet - which plays social documentaries such as Addendum, Moving Forward every day!!! I contacted them and we agreed that each month I will send them 3 new social documentaries/videos which could be played in TV without restrictions, with greek subs. Of course, I also send them links to the owner of the video/documentary so that they can contact him/her and talk about the copyright issues or restrictions. I’ve done it for a long time but it just occured to me that instead of only promoting the RBE, this is also a good chance to ask for language volunteers. I can add a string in the end of the subs with info eg. “Translated by GreekLingTeam - Contact: greeklingteam@gmail.com” so that TV viewers know that the subs were prepared by a volunteer team (not the TV channel) and that they can help if they want. You guys can check if there are any tv channels like that in your country and you can do the same :)

5 registered users and 63 guests thanked already.

nomada, Borislav/lizardman, Ray, ralle4, zedom

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Wednesday, March 12th 2014, 5:07am

Great initiative, Christos!

I can add a string in the end of the subs with info eg. “Translated by GreekLingTeam - Contact: greeklingteam@gmail.com” so that TV viewers know that the subs were prepared by a volunteer team (not the TV channel) and that they can help if they want.

Take a peek at the end of any of the English subs of the three videos that Claudia will be using for her LTI Workshop this coming Z-Day. I added something similar to be translated into all languages along with their subs. ^^
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

1 registered user and 56 guests thanked already.

Christos Pap.

Used tags

public, relations

Social bookmarks

© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion