Date of registration: May 31st 2011

Language Team: French

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Saturday, July 16th 2011, 9:09pm

****Subscribe to forums or threads and get notified by email when a new reply is posted****

In order to receive email notifications for new posts :

• Go to the forum(s) &/or individual thread(s) for which you'd like to receive notifications,
  • On the bottom right end of your screen, you'll see a "Add forum to favorites" link. You can also add a simple thread to your favorites, one that you've created, for example,
  • As you add an item to your favorites a link will appear at the very top of your browser page, called "favorites", which will allow you to manage your forum subscriptions,
  • To activate email notifications, click on the "Edit Profile" link on top of your page (next to the "favorites" link),
  • Then click on the "Settings" tab, and then on the "Communication" on the menu bar below the tabs,
  • You can then tick the box "E-mail notification on new post in favorites."

You'll receive emails for all threads and posts IN THAT FORUM. Not its subforums.

For example, if you want to receive email notifications for new threads and posts for the English department forum, you need to subscribe to the tea & cookies, transcription team as well as Proofreading & timestamp adjustment teams forums.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "RayGman" (Apr 10th 2017, 3:09am)

2 registered users and 91 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

laramide, prevodach

• "Di Anna" is female

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2011

Language Team: ENGLISH

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Monday, October 31st 2011, 3:38pm

Okay, HoneyB,
I've been attempting to GET ORGANIZED here. We do have a BIGGGG LTI, and it occurs to me, each of us must take ownership in designing our own 'personal' forum so we're in the communication loop and not getting lost in the threads. The way I'm seeing this is, if I add a forum as a favorite, that doesn't mean that threads posted in that forum are also favorites. Is that right? In other words, I need to make each thread a favorite as they are created, if I want to receive the notification. It would be nice if when we select a forum as a favorite, all threads created there would be automatically received if we've specified email notifications for that forum. :talker: I'm not sure I'm making any sense. But...I've decided this is a priority over my proofing right now. And, you know how I love proofing!!! So..... :help:

BTW...love ya! :kiss:
Di
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

83 guests thanked already.
  • "Di Anna" is female

Final Reviewer

Monday, October 31st 2011, 3:52pm

Hm...I just discovered this:

Enable subscription by default?
Select this option if you want "enable subscription" to be checked automatically when you post a new thread or reply.

And that answers part of my question. BUT...if someone else posts a new thread in the forum I've selected as a favorite and set up email notifications for, will I get the new thread? I'm thinking not, in which case, how do I keep up with new threads when they're posted? LOL...I have a feeling there's a simple answer to this that I just don't see.
Duh Di
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

118 guests thanked already.
  • "brunodc" is male
  • "brunodc" started this thread

Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Monday, October 31st 2011, 3:59pm

You don't need to subscribe to threads on a thread by thread basis. You can subscribe to a forum, and you'll receive email notifications for all emails in that forum.

I repeat, you'll receive emails for all threads and posts IN THAT FORUM. Not its subforums.

In other words, if you want to receive email notifications for new threads and posts for the English department forum, you need to subscribe to the tea & cookies, transcription team as well as Proofreading & timestamp adjustment teams forums.

71 guests thanked already.
  • "Di Anna" is female

Final Reviewer

Monday, October 31st 2011, 4:30pm

Ah..... :idea:

75 guests thanked already.
  • "Di Anna" is female

Final Reviewer

Monday, October 31st 2011, 4:56pm

It's always about communication. I discovered I had not subscribed to the 'subforums', and I thought they were called 'threads'. Hey, m' Lord, maybe we need a glossary to understand how to use the forums? :laughing:

Thank you for all you do.... :loveya: I think I've got it set now. Whoopee! :cheer: Now I can proofread!

81 guests thanked already.
  • "Di Anna" is female

Final Reviewer

Thursday, November 10th 2011, 4:53pm

Modification for directions?

In order to receive email notifications for new posts :

Go to the forum(s) &/or individual thread(s) for which you'd like to receive notifications,
On the bottom right end of your screen, you'll see a "Add forum to favorites" link. You can also add a simple thread to your favorites, one that you've created, for example,
As you add an item to your favorites a link will appear at the very top of your browser page, called "favorites", which will allow you to manage your forum subscriptions,
To activate email notifications, click on the "Edit Profile" link on top of your page (next to the "favorites" link),
Then click on the "Settings" tab, and then on the "Communication" on the menu bar below the tabs,
You can then tick the box "E-mail notification on new post in favorites."

Hi, sweet Bruno,
Would I be correct to modify these directions and include for the last sentence:

You'll receive emails for all threads and posts IN THAT FORUM. Not its subforums.
For example, if you want to receive email notifications for new threads and posts for the English department forum, you need to subscribe to the tea & cookies, transcription team as well as Proofreading & timestamp adjustment teams forums.

This is where I got confused, and I was thinking of putting these directions in my signature. Hm...long signature, I know. But I think it's important.
:roe: Love from me

2 registered users and 80 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

brunodc, laramide

• "brunodc" is male
  • "brunodc" started this thread

Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Thursday, November 10th 2011, 5:00pm

I agree with you sweet Di, I've edited the first post in this thread with the sentences you indicated :).

And it's nice to include a link to this thread in your signature, I might do that myself,too, but I haven't figured out the subject yet.

66 guests thanked already.
  • "Di Anna" is female

Final Reviewer

Thursday, November 10th 2011, 7:38pm

Did I do it wrong?

I think I'm still getting yellow high lighting. :(

77 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion