You are not logged in.

• "Ryno" started this thread

Date of registration: Jul 24th 2012

Language Team: English

Focus Group: English Proofreader

Tuesday, July 24th 2012, 12:11pm

Hello all!

My name is Rich, I am very excited to be a part of this project!

I have joined the English Proofreading team, as this is my primary skill - but I can also translate TO english from a few languages (don't have the confidence to translate into them though).

I may also be able to translate into Afrikaans, if that's a skill in short supply.

I am an IT Development Manager for a day job, although hopefully not for too much longer. I am currently based in the UK, but am emigrating to the US later this year.

Rich

1 registered user and 24 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
LTI Administration Group

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 3:36pm

Hi Rich!! Welcome on board!! : )
Are you from South Africa? There is a language team for Afrikaans indeed but not much movement there for a long time.
http://forum.linguisticteam.org/board2-l…afrikaans-team/

This will be great to have your help in the English team! We were sure scarce on resources there. But that also means I will be tempted to speed up my pace in the timeshifting (synchronizing the transcriptions) in order to make the projects keep flowing through the different stages hehe.

Here is a page with a table of working locations and in the tab "English Proofreading and Timestamp Adjstment" you will be able to see what I am referring to. http://wiki.linguisticteam.org/w/Linguis…a_Center/Videos
Has Di guided you on how to start already?

hugs
nomada
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

22 guests thanked already.

Social bookmarks

© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion