Language Team: Danish Lanuage Team

Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader
Translator
Translation Proofreader

Thursday, November 22nd 2012, 3:34pm

New translator from Denmark

Heya,

I'm a native Danish speaker. I've lived outside of Denmark for most of my life and so I speak and write in English as well as any native. I've always wanted to try out some translating between Danish and English, which I successfully did this year where I translated an English article into Danish for a permaculture magazine.

I have traveled around Britain and other countries the past 3 years and visited various eco-villages, organic farms and permaculture centers, and so have been thoroughly involved in transitional activism.

I've recently moved to the country-side. I will soon be living at an eco-vilage here in Denmark, and so carrying on the dream of a better future!

3 registered users and 32 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Jon Yodice, brunodc, JPH

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Thursday, November 22nd 2012, 4:39pm

Wow Pikeypunk! That is an inspiring background, no doubt ^^

The Danish language team fellows will love to know the news. They sure need a hand there.

What would you like to translate? Any preference in contents? And video subtitles or other text materials like the websites, books, etc?
Feel free to explore the forum a bit, while I will give a nudge to the Danish fellows and let them know you are here :thumbup:

hugs

PS - I forgot you could enjoy some of our tutorials on how to use the online translation softwares that help us on this global and multilingual tasks ;)

For subtitles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r9zQoYWBd0

For other text materials: http://wiki.linguisticteam.org/w/Help:Pootle
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

31 guests thanked already.
  • "Pikeypunk" started this thread

Date of registration: Sep 7th 2012

English Proofreader
Translator
Translation Proofreader

Thursday, November 22nd 2012, 4:42pm

Nice one for the quick reply!

I've already taken contact to Anders, who I guess is organising the Danish translation team. I've signed up to Pootle and waiting for his confirmation.

Anders is telling me he'd like me to do just the Venus Project for now. However, I can see on Pootle that there's loads of other stuff going on. I am pretty quick and competent in translation, so if you guys need help on any other material, I'm all yours :D

I can't seem to find a Danish translation board on this forum, is there any other way to get in touch on this site?

33 guests thanked already.

Public Relations Group

Thursday, November 22nd 2012, 5:58pm

Hi again : )

The Danish section in this forum wasn't bring used. Maybe it is a good time now to reopen it now that you are here :)

There are many things to translate. You should focus on what you like to do and, above all, have the most fun out of it ^^
The Venus Project website is a project most of us focus upon as it is a great source to understand what is a Resource Based Economy and all perspectives on this direction. That is why Anders suggested it. Feel free to start with anything else you find attractive for you. There is enough to make everyone happy, I am sure :D

The list of videos "open for translation" can be found further bellow in this forum, on the Language Teams Playground, hehe. You can also find other support structures like the Glossary, the Help Desk, the Error Report, and many other ways to participate, like the Tech Team and the Devs Team.

Let us know if you have any questions or need anything :thumbup:

superhugs
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

English Proofreader
Translator
Translation Proofreader

Friday, November 23rd 2012, 9:48am

I need to be authorised by an admin to start translating on Pootle though, no? I'll have a look around the forum, and see if there is anything else I can help with. If you could personally think of anything don't hestitate to get back! :D

34 guests thanked already.

Public Relations Group

Friday, November 23rd 2012, 11:55am

I'll tell Lizardman to set you up in Pootle (have you selected the language and projects you wish to work, already?) in case Anders didn't pass by there yet :thumbup:
Lizardman is Bulgarian Language coordinator but also a Pootle admin and expert ^^

hugs

35 guests thanked already.

English Proofreader
Translator
Translation Proofreader

Friday, November 23rd 2012, 12:06pm

Hey nomada,

Thanks for all the information. Truth be told I only asked about the proofreading team because I really wanted to get to it and do some writing. I guess I'll probaby have plenty to do on the Danish translation team, and I'm fairly occupied and tired during weekdays, so maybe it's best to stick to one thing at a time.

Hugs n luv!

Loui

Public Relations Group

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 5:01am

Ray set you up on Pootle. He says you have only chosen the TVP website as project. If you prefer any other content, feel free to change your settings in Pootle and soon someone will give you access to whatever you add there as projects :thumbup:

Anything else you would like to participate with, just let us know here and we will guide you gladly ^^

hugs, and, above all, take the most fun you can out of it :thumbsup:

hugs

72 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion