You are not logged in.

• "genecox" started this thread

Date of registration: May 7th 2013

Language Team: English

Focus Group: English Transcriber

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 4:51am

Hi everyone!

I'm Gene Cox and interested in helping with English transcriptions. :smiley:

4 registered users and 42 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Sue, nomada, Marina, benzaiten

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 7:21am

Hi Gene!! Great to receive your offer to help!! 8o We surely need English natives to proofread subtitles before they can be translated, or else it turns out that many misunderstandings, typos and different translated meanings in different languages occur. We are trying to diminish those situations and therefore have added some guidelines as we go. I'll share those with you and some tutorials and also the "working locations" where we transcribe and proofread the subtitles.

- You need an account in dotsub, the platform that we use for subtitling (www.dotsub.com) and to share your username here.
- Here is a table where we have all the projects (working locations), just so you get used to it until we start ;)
(open the tab "English Proofreading and Timestamp Adjustment"- http://wiki.linguisticteam.org/w/Linguis…a_Center/Videos )

- Ask anything that is not so clear in the guidelines. No need to memorize anything. We get used to them as we go and they make sense in the subtitles ;) http://wiki.linguisticteam.org/w/Linguistic_Team_Guidelines

- And here are a few tutorials to give you some insight on how we try to make all of this even more fun :D
Cooking with commas
and an Exercise with Cookies ^^

Let me know when you have a dotsub account and are ready for the next steps :thumbup:

have fun!! hugs

PS - the LTI facebook group, in case you haven't join yet: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LinguisticTeamInternational/
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

2 registered users and 37 guests thanked already.

genecox, benzaiten

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 2:09pm

I have the dotsub account and like the LTI Facebook page. I also did the dotsub tutorial, so I will start with the other links. Thank you! :smiley:

3 registered users and 36 guests thanked already.

nomada, Sue, benzaiten

• "Sue" is female

Date of registration: May 26th 2011

Language Team: Spanish

Focus Group: Language Coordinator

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 6:54pm

Hi Gene, good to see you here as well!
:bighug:

38 guests thanked already.

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 8:43pm

:wave: :bighug:

36 guests thanked already.

Thursday, May 9th 2013, 11:30am

Hi nomada,
I finished reading through the guidelines, went through the tutorials, and have submitted the answers for "Exercise With Cookies". My dotSub username is genecox. I think I'm ready for the next steps. :tea:

4 registered users and 30 guests thanked already.

nomada, Borislav/lizardman, Marina, benzaiten

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Thursday, May 9th 2013, 2:22pm

Alrighty then :cowpoke: strap your boots, we're going for a ride!

We soon will have a much user friendly interface which will work as a PMS - automation in the Ling.Team :fc-terminator:
but until it is fully ready, we use this wiki Working Locations table to follow what is happening and where we can help:
http://wiki.linguisticteam.org/w/Linguis…a_Center/Videos

There are different tabs. Open the English Proofreading and Timestamp Adjustment tab.
- Choose a project you like, having in consideration that it is pending Round 1 of proofreading (TBA), since you are starting.
- Open the forum thread, check what is going on there to be sure the wiki was updated, between other possible issues, and post that you will do P1 on that project.
- Back to the wiki table, open the Notes pad, in case you wish to share any doubt with the next proofreaders and translators, and the Working Location in dotsub.
- Post again when you are done.
- Nothing of this is for tomorrow; we aim at quality, since we know by experience that even with 2 and 3 rounds or proofreading there are several situations of misunderstandings, typos, etc, which can distract or "scare away" the viewers from this already hard to grasp and accept content. :suspicious: Have fun most of all, and share whatever you feel for ;)

I will keep the wiki updated since it is needing an upgrade in order to accept new registrations without bug issues or something like that. We will move to the PMS soon anyway :party:

Ask anything you need and if any of this info is not so clear.
hugs!

PS - Di will check your answers and give you feedback. We are extremely lucky to have this great English teacher at our disposal hehe.
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

3 registered users and 31 guests thanked already.

genecox, Marina, benzaiten

Used tags

introduction

© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion