You are not logged in.

LukasTrencher

Unregistered

Friday, May 17th 2013, 8:59pm

Hi, Im Lukas from Czech rep.

Hello my name is Lukas (24) and I am an alcoholic. :D Nah just kidding. I was born 1989 in Czechoslovakia. Now living in Prague Czech republic. I stumbled across the Venus Project in one video I saw recently and said to myself that I could be of help with English<->Czech translations if you guys are interested.
Now if you excuse me, I need to sort out this Pootle thingy which does not seem to recognize my LTI account.

1 registered user and 30 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

sarjuva

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Friday, May 17th 2013, 10:21pm

Hi Lukaz!! welcome!! :drinks: oops. no drinks for you, buddy. :giggle:
Great that you joined to help!! The Czech team is indeed in need for some help. That we know it is only Rakosnicek (Michal) who is around and has no one to help proofread his translations. But maybe you can start by translating and we check the rest later ;)

Pootle needs you to register separately from the forum or any other tools. Here is a tutorial: http://wiki.linguisticteam.org/w/Help:Pootle

There is also dotsub, for translating videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r9zQoYWBd0

And a FB group for other news, in case you have an account ;)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/LinguisticTeamInternational/

To help build a Czech team collaboration, a good start is to populate the Czech forum thread with whatever you are doing or intent todo or even with questions you might have. This way, new volunteers will be more inspired to stay around :)

http://forum.linguisticteam.org/board2-l…ina-czech-team/

have fun, Lukaz!! and ask anything you need :party:
hugs
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

27 guests thanked already.

LukasTrencher

Unregistered

Friday, May 17th 2013, 11:56pm

a reply

1.Pootle
Yeah Im not a total jerk, so the Pootle registration was done right away. However, it seems I may be missing some rights to perform a translation and to submit it. I have sent a message to Rakosnicek, but he has been away for about 10 days according to his profile - is there a way to get around him?

2. dotSUB
Maybe later.

3. FB group
Well I have an account, but no thanks.

4. Czech forum thread
Sounds good. I can start making some foundations there right now.

2 registered users and 32 guests thanked already.

nomada, Ray

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Saturday, May 18th 2013, 7:21am

Nice start indeed!! :thumbup:
There are Pootle admins that help volunteers in all those languages that don't have someone coordinating the translations in Pootle to have access to them. They will give you access soon if they haven't already.
You can also contact them directly for any Pootle issues:
@lizardman:
@Ray:

Have fun! : )
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 35 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Saturday, May 18th 2013, 10:53am

Welcome to the family, Lukas!

I just checked and I don't see your Pootle account requesting access for any of the projects yet. This usually means that you simply have not yet selected any (we only set people up in the projects they actually want to help translate or proofread).

To do that, log into Pootle and click on the "Settings" tab.
In the "Language" section, select Czech.
In the "Projects" section, select the individual projects that you want to help. You can hold down the CTRL (CMD for Mac) key to select more than one. A few of the projects are not translatable or are only there for historical value, so read the instructions of the front page of Pootle first so you will know which ones to ignore/avoid.
Ignore the "Alternate Languages" section

Don't forget to click Save at the bottom of the page when you're done or Pootle will not be able to process your selections.
Once saved, give the system some time to process them and alert me to complete the tasks needed to give you access to them.

If you have any questions at any time, please feel free to ask right here. We're at your service, my friend.
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

37 guests thanked already.

LukasTrencher

Unregistered

Saturday, May 18th 2013, 11:12am

to Ray

Hi Ray and thanks for your concern, but my settings were done already. I just modified (deselected) some of the previously selected projects. And saved of course.
Could there be any other issues? Like browser compatibility? Because I mostly use Opera or Firefox.

29 guests thanked already.
  • "lizardman" is male

Date of registration: Jun 3rd 2011

Language Team: Bulgarian

Focus Group: Translation Proofreader
LTI Administration Group

Saturday, May 18th 2013, 7:21pm

Hi Lukas,

I just checked and saw that you have been given permissions to translate for all the projects that you've selected. Try it and let us know if there's still any problems. :)

29 guests thanked already.
  • "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Sunday, May 19th 2013, 1:29am

My best guess is that Rakos responded to Pootle's notification that you were waiting to be set up and that he handled that before we could do it for you.
Your browser choice should have no effect on this, although it's possible that a browser's old cache files may have prevented you from pulling up the more recent version of the page that included the ability to dive in.
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

30 guests thanked already.

LukasTrencher

Unregistered

Sunday, May 19th 2013, 3:38am

exactly

Yes, he did so. We solved it through Private Messages.
Everything seems to be in order now. And I will get on with the translations today. 07

1 registered user and 35 guests thanked already.

Ray

© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion