You are not logged in.

Anderson

Unregistered

Tuesday, March 10th 2015, 9:30pm

Alex Anderson from Tehran, Iran, The Middle East, Asia, The Northern Hemisphere, The Earth ;-)

Hello dear all seekers of a better world on our unique planet, the Earth, :smiley:

I'm Alex Anderson, an English teacher in Tehran, Iran. While I have never believed in the importance of translation versus teaching a new language to someone, I have decided to be active in this forum to help making The Venus Project a reality soon. I would like to be active as an English to Persian translation proofreader to make sure the translations to this language are as error-free as possible.

Hopefully, I shall begin translating some documents from English to Persian in the near future, too.

The prime reason I prefer teaching English to translating documents to Persian is that when you translate some text for someone it's like taking a fish for him but when you teach him a new language, you teach him how to fish.

Kind regards,
Alex Anderson

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Anderson" (Mar 24th 2015, 2:00am) with the following reason: Applied functional use of colors.

3 registered users and 39 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

ossi11111, Ray, Sanju-sama

• "Mr_B" is male

Date of registration: Dec 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Tuesday, March 17th 2015, 10:36am

Greetings Alex! And welcome to the family!

I know nothing about Middle Eastern languages, and the closest we have to Persian would be Arabic, I think, and that team is here:
http://forum.linguisticteam.org/language…A9-arabic-team/

... but from Wikipedia it appears that Persian is its own language separate from Arabic, so we may need to create a new group for you.

@Ray: can you assist?

Sincerely & Regards

David aka Mr_B
English Proofer
Signature from »Mr_B« Mr_Z (the miscreant formerly known as Mr_B)
English Dept coord

1 registered user and 44 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Tuesday, March 17th 2015, 11:25am

Welcome Alex!

The group to suggest here is the فارسی (Farsi) Team, @Mr_B:.

There seems to be varying preferences in which language name (Farsi or Persian) is used to describe it by native speakers. I suspect one name may be 'native' to the language itself, while the other is what most in the rest of the world call it, so I would be grateful if you could shed any light on that for us, Alex.
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

40 guests thanked already.

Anderson

Unregistered

Monday, March 23rd 2015, 10:45pm

Sorry for the long delay in my reply!

Dear Mr_B and Ray,

Thank you for your posts. :smiley:

Please accept my apology for the long delay in my reply to you, gentlemen. Here in Iran the new year begins on March 21th (the very beginning of spring) since they have a Solar calender which is entirely different from the Gregorian calender used in the west and I have been busy with the activities required for preparation for the new year.

Dear David (Mr_B),

As you correctly mentioned, Persian (mainly called Farsi in Iran) is completely different from Arabic although it uses the Arabic alphabet for writing with the addition of four letters which are not present in the Arabic language. In case you are interested to know, those four letters are (پ) P, (ژ) Zh, (گ) G, and (چ) Ch. It might be interesting for you to know that the correct name for the language spoken in Iran has originally been Parsi (پارسی) and NOT Farsi (فارسی) but since there is no 'P' in Arabic and Arabic has had a profound effect on the Persian language, it is called Farsi in Iran now.

Dear Ray,

As you correctly guessed, Persian is the name that the language spoken in Iran is know outside the country especially in the west, while Farsi is the name used by the native speakers of this language.

Thank you for directing me to the correct group for Persian (Farsi) language. Since I'm new in town, I have no idea how I can start my activity there and do something useful. I would really appreciate it if you could help me a little about that, too. For the time being, I am willing to be active as a proofreader to make sure that translations from English to Persian are as error-free as possible. In the future, I might begin translating some documents from English to Persian as well although it is not my priority now.

Wishing you all the best,
Alex

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Anderson" (Mar 24th 2015, 1:55am) with the following reason: Applied functional use of colors and corrected a minor typo.

1 registered user and 37 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "msghamiri" is male

Date of registration: Mar 3rd 2012

Language Team: Persian (Farsi)

Focus Group: Language Coordinator

Wednesday, March 25th 2015, 12:39pm

welcome home brother :)
its good to see someone from inside Iran who is willing to help like this, and by the way im also from Iran, Da daaaaaaaaaaaa :D
sry guys but i have to take this one in Farsi,later we will talk in English again ;)
khubi haji? kheyli kheyli khosh umadi , inja ro mesle khune v maro (had aghal mano) mesle khunevadat bedun ,chon hadafemun yeki budane. man co-coordinate team farsi hastam o felan movaghatan sarparasti mikonam baraye film e jadid(coordinate khodesh irane o ta etela sanavi nistesh), etefaghan kheyli be moghe umadi chon video jadid umade birun, kare tarjome tamum shode ama tush moshkel o mored ziyad hast ,fagaht bayad final review beshe(unam dishab tamum shod ama man rasiyatesh aslan razi nabudam,hala bet tozih midam chera) , har moghe ke zaman dashti va mosaed budi begu ke dar morede proje v karha bat sohbat konam(Ray va ya man ham bet injaro kami neshun midim,behtare inkaro Ray bokone age saresh shulugh nabashe, Ray rahbari mikone team kharejiro va nezarat dare beruye hame zabuna), hich feshar v streesi nist chonke kara kamelan davtalabiye (bemanad ke khodam koli stress keshidam bara in kare jadid chonke dast tanha budam taghriabn) kholase ke nemiduni che ghad khosh hal shodam vaghti didam yeki ke pishzamine khubi baraye in kar dare va be in garmi hastaesh umade inja, age dust dashti mituni hata man o tu skyp add bokoni va unja sohbat bokonim, kholase ke be himaliya khosh amadiiiiiiiiiiiii :D :D baad az in ham say mikonam ke ba font farsi benevisam, motasefane chon man keyboard farsi o balad nistam o besh adat nadaram az site www.behnevis.com estefade mikonam, hala in ye baro be bozorgi khodet bebakhsh finglish neveshtam :D montazere reply hastam
Misagh
P.S: Sorry guys, it was just welcoming msg ,nothing important :D we will try to talk in English in future
Dear Ray , i told him that whether me or you will show him around whenever he is ready to start

1 registered user and 36 guests thanked already.

Ray

Anderson

Unregistered

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 5:06pm

Thank you for your message, dear Misagh!

Dear Misagh,

First of all, thank you very much for your message. I really appreciate it. :smiley:

Apart from that, I had absolutely no idea that I had a brother somewhere in this lovely planet; I have few sisters but no brothers. More important than that, it's really difficult (if not almost impossible) for me to read text in Pinglish/Finglish so despite my deepest desire, I had to ignore the section which you had kindly composed in Pinglish/Finglish.

I wonder if you could possibly write your messages in English or Persian so that I can read and understand them. Thanks in advance. :smiley:

Kind regards,
Alex

36 guests thanked already.
  • "msghamiri" is male

Friday, March 27th 2015, 7:27pm

Here is message that i wrote previously in Pinglish, sry for that , i explained the reason below :D
خوبی حاجی؟ خیلی‌ خیلی‌ خوش اومدی ، اینجا رو مثل خونه و ما را (حداقل منو) مثل خانواده بدون،چون هدفمون در اینجا یکی‌ بودن هست. من فعلا مسئول تیم فارسی هستم و موقتاً سرپرستی می‌کنم برای فیلمِ جدید(اسم فیلم: انتخاب با ماست)محمد دوست دیگه ما در اینجا که سرپرست دائم هست الان ایران هستش و سرش کمی‌ شلوغه برای همین به من
واگذار شده، اتفاقا خیلی‌ به موقع اومدی چون ویدئو جدید اومده بیرون، کار ترجمه تموم شده اما توش مشکل و مورد زیاد هست ،فقط باید بازبینی نهایی بشه(اونم دیشب تموم شد اما من راسیتش اصلا راضی‌ نبودم،حالا برات توضیح میدم چرا) ، هر موقع که زمان داشتی و مساعد بودی بگو که در مورد پروژه و کارها بات صحبت کنم(ری و یا من هم اینجارو کمی‌ نشونت میدیم،بهتره اینکارو ری بکنه اگه سرش شلوغ نباشه، ری رهبری می‌کنه تیم بین‌المللی و نظارت داره بروی همه زبانها)، هیچ فشار و استرسی در اینجا برای کارها نیست چونکه کارا کاملا داوطلبی هستش (بماند که خودم کلی‌ استرس کشیدم برا این کار جدید چونکه دست تنها بودم تقریبا) خلاصه که نمی‌دونی چه قدر خوش حال شدم وقتی‌ دیدم یکی‌ که پیش‌زمینه خوبی برای این کار داره و به این گرمی‌ هستش اومده اینجا، اگه دوست داشتی می‌تونی حتی من و در اسکایپ ادد بکنی‌(اگه دوست داشت بگو که برات پیغام بذارم) و اونجا صحبت بکنیم، خلاصه که به هیمالیا خوش امدییییییییییییی :)) بعد از این هم سعی‌ می‌کنم که با فونت فارسی بنویسم، متاسفانه چون من کیبورد فارسی و بلد نیستم و بش عادت ندارم ،از سایت آنلاین استفاده می‌کنم برا تایپ فارسی(برای همین خیلی‌ غلط غولوت مینویسم، ببخشید، البته برا ترجمه کارها خیلی‌ بیشتر از این دقت می‌کنم مشخصا :د )، حالا این بارو به بزرگی‌ خودت ببخش

41 guests thanked already.

Anderson

Unregistered

Saturday, March 28th 2015, 5:30am

Thanks for the time you kindly spent for composing a Persian version of your previous message to me, dear Misagh. ☺

Dear Misagh,

Thank you very much for spending some of your valuable time for composing a Persian version of your previous message to me. :smiley: I hope I can return the favor in the near future.

According to an English proverb, "Honesty is the best policy" which as you most probably know, it means honesty is more effective than dishonest scheming. In order to act upon this best policy, idiomatically speaking, I need to call a spade a spade. Again, as you already know, that idiom means I need to speak directly and bluntly to you.

I have lived long enough in Iran to be well aware of the fact that many Iranians (hopefully excluding you) are more relaxed with being talked to politely even if you don't tell them the truth. That is when the term "taarof" comes in mind. I never do that and never welcome it when someone does that. The truth, no matter how hard or bitter it might sound, is far more superior to a sweet dishonest comment.

All that said, I need your permission to call a spade a spade with you and as soon as I get that permission from you, I will tell you exactly what I think about your message which you kindly composed for me twice.

Looking forward for your reply,
Alex

PS: Please accept my apology if I explain simple things too much. I'm an English teacher and that's what teachers do most of the time. :smiley:

37 guests thanked already.
  • "msghamiri" is male

Saturday, March 28th 2015, 11:44am

Dear Alex
i can not agree with you any more about that policy which u explained , i absolutely believe that one of biggest problems in Iranian culture (at least to me) is "tarof" , this is basically saying lie and fake expression of feeling to make other person feel better, i also try to avoid that .however there are some factors which should be considered(again this is what i think to be right),
im just talking in general, it is not about you or me, this is how i feel about subject of "Tarof". you can feel free to say whatever u think about my message but plz lets talk that in private :D of course i will feel much more comfortable to talk in Farsi , i will send my Skyp account to you and u can add me there and we can talk about it there if it is ok with you, if u insist to talk in here .it is absolutely ok with me but as i said. i would prefer it in private .

42 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: Apr 26th 2017

Language Team: PERSIAN

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator
Language Team Assistant
Linguistic TechTeam Group
Public Relations Group

Thursday, April 27th 2017, 10:29pm

Persian Language

Hi Alex,
I hope you're well. Are you still active in this team? I am getting involved in translations of stuff here into Persian. I would appreciate your guidance please in selecting documents if there's a priority list.

Thank you

Aby

1 guest thanked already.

Social bookmarks

© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion