You are not logged in.

• "River" is male
  • "River" started this thread

Date of registration: Apr 24th 2016

Language Team: Hrvatski tim

Focus Group: Translator

Sunday, April 24th 2016, 5:10pm

Greetings from Petar, in Rijeka, Croatia :)

First thing, I would like to express my gratitude for such elaborate and integrated piece of work; "THE ZEITGEIST MOVEMENT DEFINED", as I have a pleasure to read and study for more than a month now. Ideas displayed inside were nothing I ever read till now, in expressing new hope and possibilities for whole communities and humanity in general. Astonishing work, to bring light to something as complex in matter, as a way our current society works, strip naked the unpleasant truth around us, and same time bring elegant and simple solutions to the eyes of uninformed persons, as I consider myself, prior colliding with The Zeitgeist Movement, in its best representation.

Of course, that being said, the truth behind "elegant and simple", to achieve in practice, first must work in finding complex engineering solutions, on ground levels, and this, as a programmer by profession, I know very well.

Which brings me to the reason I write this letter; my native language is not English, but Croatian (or "Hrvatski", on Croatian language), and although I am pretty versatile and have lots of practice, both in written and reading correspondence, sometimes, I find it a bit difficult to fluidly comprehend ideas written inside the document. Both because of the complex subject by itself, (which to this point of my nearly 40 years life experience, I really newer bother to think in this depth), and used expert expressions not commonly found in everyday discourse. So this is why I needed more than a month of slow, comprehensive study, because first; I wanted to understand it right, and second (or maybe first); finding the simple JOY I felt when reading about new solutions and groundbreaking ideas expressed inside!

And as one forum user write before: "This book provides such solid and well-sourced and organized arguments that it's just asking to be passed on. Though I cannot give it to read to my father or mother, as they could not read such elaborate text in English" which is completely true.

So this is an incentive on my behalf, as I think this is most important text and ideas expressed in one place that one could read about. There are so many organization and activist who try to bring forward current issues we have in world society, but I feel only TZM brings all problems in general to its core and offers real and rounded solutions.

I think I have a skill and means... but, more importantly, passion for bringing this astonishing text closer to native languages of my nation, for easier comprehension and sharing!

Sadly, salary of a programmer in Croatia, is laughably low, and sometimes time is at hand, as there is always things that want to be pushed in front of others, but this is what I would love to do for free, just because I CAN, and would love to help, because this gives me pleasure of contributing a real purpose, as opposite of my work.

Because I am working as a programmer in a banking institution. My work is mostly in creating background support and data management for front-end applications and reports. Do not get me wrong; I love logical reasoning and programming new applications, and find a great deal of joy in creating my work right, but the purpose of my work is what is worries me, and gives me a hollow feeling. I may work in a high-tech environment, but as is stated in the TZM Defined, most jobs, like mine have no real purposes of contributing to something greater in broad.

So once again, from the moment I saw Peter Joseph 3 films, and then actively started to search more documentation and more information about TZM activities, I know that my view on the world would newer be the same.

And I would love to bring that world to other as well, by helping this great text be converted to Croatian language, here in my region.

So please, as stated in starting page of TZM Defined, I check first with your lecturing team, for stating my wish in translating, and receiving some directive of how to engage.

PS. As a side note, in my zeal, I already translated first 25 pages of a TZM Defined document, so I would bring that in here as an attachment, for a possible review of an Croatian Team.

Petar Pavlić
Programmer/Designer in PL/SQL
River has attached the following file:

2 registered users and 39 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray, zedom

• "Mr_B" is male

Date of registration: Dec 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Monday, April 25th 2016, 2:26am

Greetings Peter! and welcome to the family.

I am amazed at your introductory narrative; Peter Joseph himself and the other authors of TZM Defined would be very flattered! And of course, I am in total agreement, it is an epic and elegant work that explains every aspect of NLRBE in great detail, and it is truly groundbreaking.

On top of that, it's amazing that you actually started into translation on your own! Yes, LTI does do translations of published works from English using a tool called Pootle , and TZM Defined is indeed a working project, but there is no Croatian translation started yet (as per the attached screenshot), so this will be a good start! And speaking of getting started, here is a good Intro presentation for translators to get you going.

Finally, the Croatian team is here ; you can also intro yourself there and share with them your desire to translate this piece.

Sincerely & Regards

David, aka Mr_B
English Dept Coord
Mr_B has attached the following image:
  • Pootle.JPG
Signature from »Mr_B« Mr_Z (the miscreant formerly known as Mr_B)
English Dept coord

1 registered user and 33 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "River" is male

Monday, April 25th 2016, 10:54pm

Thank you very much for a warm welcome :)
To be honest, I just enjoy in translating this document, and along with going deeper into a matter too. I do not consider this like tedious work but an exercise of mind. Liking the contest helps a lot too :)
Hope I will continue to maintain this level of commitment of some 1 -2 pages daily, that I currently manage to do. I am not alone in this.. my GF possesses quite a lecturing skills, and also helps me a great deal. And to be honest she initially introduced me to the Zeitgeist cause, so without her incentive I would not write this in here, not doing any translating ... and I would like to give her a credit too :)

I already dropped shorter introduction on my Croatian Team section of the forum, same time I announce myself in here ... will see how things develop from there ...

In the meantime, I will just continue to translate TZM Defined, because, doing this is my primary concern at the moment.

In the next days ahead, I will tray to transfer my translated work into Pottle, but I just need to get my way around that tool, its just new to me atm.

Anyway, I look forward in future with TZM at hands ;)

1 registered user and 32 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Mr_B" is male

Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Tuesday, April 26th 2016, 1:38am

OK, looks like you're on your way! Carry on!
Signature from »Mr_B« Mr_Z (the miscreant formerly known as Mr_B)
English Dept coord

1 registered user and 28 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "River" is male

Wednesday, June 15th 2016, 7:44pm

Well, looks like I hit 101-page mark in translating this great document :thumbsup:
From the moment I start venturing into this endeavor I know it would not be an easy feast, but here it is; somewhat more than 2 and a so month, and result is here :)

Yes I know, I would still need to enter this trough Pootle (as I started doing this already), but the main bulk of the work is done.

For now, it seems I am the only active member of Croatian linguistic team because I lack some member to verify entered text (and sadly my inquiries in Croatian Pootle forum went unanswered), but to this extent, I was hoping my girlfriend could be granted some verification rights, as she is quite skilled in Croatian grammar and linguistic skills, and I use her features as my lector guide and corrections where needed.

But here it is, Croatian translation so far... :)
River has attached the following file:

3 registered users and 24 guests thanked already.

Mr_Z, Ray, zedom

• "Mr_Z" is male

Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Wednesday, June 15th 2016, 8:03pm

Good work Petar! @Ray:, can you assist with opening up Pootle permissions here?
Signature from »Mr_Z« Mr_Z (the miscreant formerly known as Mr_B)
English Dept coord

1 registered user and 30 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "River" is male

Thursday, June 16th 2016, 8:53pm

Glad to hear this.
She is very excited for the opportunity to be part of this project, and to contribute to TZM case too :)
Her Pootle username is "Tinkerbell".
For now, she is lacking user permission for accepting my translated suggestions, so it would be great to grant her rights in order to move towards finishing things.
If there is needed any else information, please let us know.
Petar & Iva

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Friday, June 17th 2016, 12:06pm

Welcome, Petar and Iva!
We are very happy to have you among the family, and it is wonderful to read both your story and about your initiative.

I did see that you were the only person working on TZM Defined, but you were set up only with the ability to "Suggest" translations for the project. Since no one else is focusing on that project, I have extended your access to allow you to "Submit" your translations. This will make them more permanent within the Pootle website.

I also set up Iva with "Suggest" access, so she is now able to move through your work, suggesting any adjustments that she feels might be needed.

Once you have completed the initial translation and she has moved through her proofreading of your efforts, please PM me with a reminder of what you two have done, so I can promote the need for another Croatian member to give the entire project a final review. Once that review is completed, we will be able to extract the translation and add it to our global distribution system for all Croatians to enjoy. ;)

If you have any questions, or if you are not sure how to handle any situation that you might come across, please do not hesitate to PM me at any time.
Ray's Profile page

And once again, welcome to the family to both of you! :loveya:
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

River

• "River" is male

Monday, October 10th 2016, 8:16pm

Several long months passed by, before last time I submit my entry here, but that does not mean I have been idle all these time ;)

Like I wrote in my previous posts, my passion for translating main TZM document was, and still is, quite substantial, for all this time. Maybe for all that it matters, I am even more determined to finish it.

I was thinking to check my progress once I get to translate TZM Defined on 200-page mark... but that event passed and gone for some time.
Then I was thinking I would definitely chek on 250-page mark... but that passed also, lol :)
So now I am checking at 278 page... and now I realized there are "only" some 40 pages to go. Well, it certainly was quite a ride so far, and it will continue to be in future too.

I hope it would be done in some month time from now, based on patterns of my translation so far (some 7-10-14 pages of week work).

There is still a lot of work, but I think I managed to get this translated document to enter in its mature phase. Final review and actually submitting all that work into a Pootle system would still take its time... but that would be lesser work than this.

Like always, I submit my work here, but with a notion, it's still in WIP phase, and some benign errors that escaped me are to be expected.
Also, I realize this work grow more than 1.5 Mb, so I am splitting PDF document into 3 RAR sections. Sorry for inconveniences.

Now on a side note, ... I know this section is for introduction, but... lately, in the word, there IS MUCH UNBEARABLE CRAP coming, happening from all sides, as we are lucky to witness on almost daily basis, that I think I would long lose all hope in humanity and its members... And honestly, I would not care about it too... you know, just going with a flow, keeping a low profile in a continuously crazy world ...

Only because of presented ideas, and determination of spreading reasoning and philosophy of advanced thinking like this, of all people active in this community, I think otherwise. So that matters greatly, at least to me.
So, translating this document is sometimes hard, and sometimes tedious process too, but just the reward of knowing there are people who think we are capable of something more, with reasoning like expressed in document I am translating, is reward by itself,.. to be part of something great like this!
So, in that behalf, thank you all for this ... :)

And the story continues...
River has attached the following files:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "River" (Oct 10th 2016, 10:25pm)

2 registered users and 14 guests thanked already.

zedom, Ray

Date of registration: Jul 1st 2014

Language Team: C++

Focus Group: LTI Development Group

Tuesday, October 11th 2016, 6:44am

@River: Hey, check this out!

I've been working on a new edition of TZM Defined. This is what is looks like so far (see attachment). Before decompressing the file, the three last digits (001 and 002) have to be swapped with the file extension (7z) so that the file extension precedes the triple digits (*.7z.001 and *.7z.002).

The new edition means, except for some corrections, the same content with a more professional look.

Another aspect of this project is that it will make it a whole lot easier to recompile the document when it has been translated. This means that translations can occur inside of a version control system, Pootle, or a database, and then automatically compiled into the final PDF by a custom program.

Maybe you can create a new thread on your team board, dedicated to the Croatian translation, where you can keep people updated to the progress. Also, you can invite others to cooperate.

I think the work you've done with translating this all by yourself is completely awesome. Keep going!
oxygenbarker has attached the following files:

2 registered users and 15 guests thanked already.

River, zedom

• "River" is male

Wednesday, October 12th 2016, 11:25pm

Glad it is still the same content :)
It would be an anticlimax if I saw at this point 385 pages, vs. 321 in old version ;)
I would start a suggested thread, and continue to work in translating more, along with checking new content so I can find differences.

In the original document, some 50% or more internet links were not working, so I searched and update them on my own, accordingly.
I hope this is accepted strategy... Please advise if not.
Is new version of the documents with old links, or working one in this segment?

And thanks for letting me into the early phase of updated version tough.

2 registered users and 12 guests thanked already.

zedom, Ray

Date of registration: Jul 1st 2014

Language Team: C++

Focus Group: LTI Development Group

Monday, October 17th 2016, 1:09am

Strongly suspected that those links would "break". I like your initiative of updating them. Can neither approve nor disapprove of it. I'm not able to discern for myself whether, or to what degree, it might interfere with the original content. It seem to make logical sense to update them. But that's all I can say. I'll keep the old ones.

Don't take that to mean that you've wasted time on acquiring new links. If you haven't already, please make a backup of the new ones, and all the other work you've done on your project.

1 registered user and 13 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "River" is male

Thursday, December 22nd 2016, 9:00pm

So it's finished.
After some 7 months dedicated and pretty intensive work on translating, I can say the main hub of translation of TZM Defined' document on Croatian language is pretty much done. :)

I would not say the work is 100% completed - because as such, there is still need to migrate all of this on Potle, and as the recent post of oxygenbarker explained, there is a new version of a document with some minor changes and some new, modern layout, but still - main work is done!

Document in attachment represent completely translated and checked version of the original English document, and in this state can be passed for reading and as a frame for future changes.
As I say before, I tray to translate original vibe and meaning in fullest with fluent and concise understanding upon reading. Nothing was done just to satisfy from, and there was much of exploration and study taken upon subject, so translation to be coherent and meaningful in fullest.
There were many and many days when translating meant working for a couple of hours for only one page.

Working, as reading on this document was eyes-opening and changing experience for me, because the presented logic behind is unquestionably rock solid, simple - and true.
I should know this because I work as a programmer, and doing so in financial banking institution as well, and beside of programming part of my job is an analysis of business agendas and their daily procedures (to represent and recreate a digital representation of the business world).
This document only represents the extreme level od analysis and diagnostic and reviewing of the entire system of our society, same time giving simple and working solutions. Nothing else.

As of this moment, and as time allows, I would love to change my focus on some other projects ... maybe some programming, as oxygenbarker mentioned in some other post to me too.

Also, I am giving a thought to use this translated document as a central piece of information, oriented around custom design WEB page that would be hosting other articles that touch problems in this world and are connected to NLRBE and TZM in some way. So this WEB site would be dedicated towards education and dire need for implementing changes if we want to have a better tomorrow, or any tomorrow at all.
This thought of mine still exist only as an idea, .... would be nice if someone from my language area tag along too, and to see what could be done about it ...

With kind regards for all TZM persons and community out there.
Petar
River has attached the following files:

2 registered users and 8 guests thanked already.

oxygenbarker, Ray