You are not logged in.

• "iris.yim" started this thread

Date of registration: Aug 22nd 2016

Language Team: Filipino/Tagalog

Focus Group: Translator

Monday, August 22nd 2016, 6:42pm

Hello From Halfway Aroud The World - We Are From Philippines

Greetings!

We from Philippines would like to help translating the website to tagalog/filipino language, but some in our local group doesn't have web designing skills, does one who wishes to participate in such activity is required to posses such skill or you guys will just give us the materials that needs to be translated and you'll be the one doing the upload to your servers?

Looking for your kind responses,

2 registered users and 16 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

zedom, Ray

Date of registration: Jul 11th 2013

Language Team: Portuguese (Europe)

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Team Assistant

Monday, August 22nd 2016, 11:41pm

Hello and welcome guys!

As far as I know you would only need to translate the materials, leaving the website integration to someone else.
At the moment I'm not sure if it's possible as the website is fairly recent and might still be not in a stable situation. I'll let someone more informed reply to that.

Cheers!

1 registered user and 15 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Mr_Z" is male

Date of registration: Dec 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Tuesday, August 23rd 2016, 11:03pm

Greetings Iris! And welcome to the family.

So I also saw your shoutbox post about wanting to translate the TVP website? So we are clear, although a noble endeavor, that is not what we do here. Instead, you may want to send an inquiry to tvp@thevenusproject.com and inquire there. If nothing else I think they would be happy to have you as a POC (Point of Contact).

What we DO do here is caption and translate videos FROM the Venus Project, and also from the Zeitgeist Movement. As no Filipino team currently exists, I think all that needs done is for @Ray: to set up a new Filipino link off the main page here , like the other language teams, you can be the new Filipino Team language coordinator, and then get started translating all the TVP vids you want!

Sincerely & Regards

David aka Mr_Z
Signature from »Mr_Z« Mr_Z (the miscreant formerly known as Mr_B)
English Dept coord

1 registered user and 12 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Saturday, August 27th 2016, 10:07pm

To be a bit clearer, LTI focuses on the transcriptions & translations of materials from both TVP & TZM, including text-based materials such as the TVP website contents.

It's very important to understand that translations of the TVP website, once completed, are then added directly to the TVP website, rather than used to create a competing translated website. In other words, you will not need any web development skills to see your hard work available for all other Tagalog speakers to enjoy. Everything will be made available right at https://thevenusproject.com. I have added a Tagalog (Filipino) Team section here in the forum for your team to make themselves at home here. Please introduce yourselves to the world in the relevant board. ;)

Also, please check the shoutbox (where you first introduced yourself) for instructions on how to join the TVP website translation project I described above.
And please don't hesitate to PM me whenever you have any questions.

Hugs,
Ray
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

10 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion