You are not logged in.

• "Natysuarezviatela" started this thread

Date of registration: Mar 3rd 2017

Language Team: Spanish

Focus Group: Translator

Friday, March 3rd 2017, 3:37pm

Ready to contribute with the change. This is me

Hello!

My name is Natalia, I am Colombian and I am 29 years old. I have began to experience a very rapid spiritual awakening. It all began with the the rupture of one paradigm few months ago and now I have not stopped realizing everything I have learnt through my entire life was wrong.

I feel desperate for a change. I feel everything could be better if we wake up and stop resigning ourselves with this crazy and destructive system.

I keep asking myself: is there no other way? Do we have to "live" like this? what can I do to make things better? while wondering about that and how would I have to change myself in order to contribute to change the world, I started to inform myself until I found the venus project. It gave me hope: there are millions of people around the world who are desperate for a change as I am but more importantly who are willing to do something about it.

I worked more that 12 hours a day for six years. Nothing was more important for me than my career and my job, sadly not even my family. When I realized I have waisted all my life focusing on the wrong things and neglecting what was really important, I hit rock bottom and I knew I could not waste my life any longer. I quit my job in order to spend quality time with the ones I love and to figurate out a way to get out of the system, free myself from the need of money and focus in what really matters: helping others.

Before for me the most important thing was my professional growth and my career. Now my ultimate goal in life is to become a decent human being who contributes to make the world a better place, not for future generations, for us, here and now.

Everybody around me now thinks I lost my mind. Finding initiatives as the venus project made me realize there are more "crazy" people like me out there. Therefore I want to help. I can contribute to the project by doing translations from English to Spanish and viceversa.

Thank you for all what you do. Thank you for being the change.

Kind regards.
Natalia

Natysuarezviatela has attached the following image:
  • 14322390_10157552958300171_3940354223260894263_n.jpg

2 registered users and 11 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

oxygenbarker, Ray

Date of registration: Jul 1st 2014

Language Team: C++

Focus Group: LTI Development Group

Saturday, March 4th 2017, 2:30am

Hi, Natalia!

You can introduce yourself in the Spanish section (http://forum.linguisticteam.org/language…castilian-team/) so others can see your arrival to the team. However, Sue (the Spanish coordinator) want people to intro themselves in the related Facebook Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/217773784901311/), so I suggest you do that.

I'm also one of those crazies. Dedicate tons of time doing research and contemplation, while trying to gently nudge people in a direction towards a saner and more sensible worldview. The future of the world is definitely based on what we do in the present.

My awakening has been mostly gradual. More profound insights keeps showing up every now and then along the road. It's really interesting when noticing how one's own thought patterns and behavior correlate to the environment and the established cultural norms. Such will certainly work as propellant for self-realization. That inevitable introspection that some of us go through usually leads to urges like those you describe. And we find ourselves in a time of great opportunity to see that we don't need to wallow in meaningless subsistence any more, but can actually start living life!

Those questions you're asking yourself are definitely worth holding on to. Please keep doing so.

Cheers
Oxygen Barker

1 registered user and 10 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray