Date of registration: Jul 11th 2013

Language Team: Portuguese (Europe)

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Team Assistant

Monday, October 2nd 2017, 10:11pm

Jacque Fresco - Relation to Academia [full]

Open for translation thread: http://forum.linguisticteam.org/language…-academia-full/

Just went through the vid and here are my suggestions. At the moment there aren't any translations started except for Portuguese, so feel free to edit anything that you consider.

1. 04:13 And they can't be that different than be a member --> And they can't be that different and be a member
2. 12:24 Present your recommendations or alternatives. --> Add quotes to this sentence. I think Jacque is impersonating here.
3. 16:53 with --> With (capital "w")
4. 18:39 . --> remove the dot
5. 22:55 H.G. Well's --> H.G. Wells'
6. 24:49 in the old --> In the old (capital "i")
7. 28:18 "Of course --> - "Of course" (Add a dash to the beginning as it would be a change of speaker)

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Mr_Z

• "Mr_Z" is male

Date of registration: Dec 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Saturday, October 7th 2017, 4:20pm

1, 3, 4, 5:
Agreed and corrected

2. 12:24 Present your recommendations or alternatives. --> Add quotes to this sentence. I think Jacque is impersonating here.
I already did put this in quotes at the first occurance at 12:18, when Jacque clearly IS in impersonation mode. But this second time I think he is speaking directly to us, and repeating the sentence for emphasis, so IMO no need for quotes a second time.

6. 24:49 in the old --> In the old (capital "i")
Understand your point if treating as a new sentence, but I am treating it like a sentence continuation because it is so brief, and follow-on question related to the first ("Did you know that?"). So I left as is.

7. 28:18 "Of course --> - "Of course" (Add a dash to the beginning as it would be a change of speaker)
Yes but only a change in impersonated speaker not a real speaker, and I would not want to give the false impression to the viewer that someone else is speaking in the interview. So I left it as is.
Signature from »Mr_Z« Mr_Z (the miscreant formerly known as Mr_B)
English Dept coord

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

zedom

© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion