• "Christos Pap." is male
  • "Christos Pap." started this thread

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Sunday, March 2nd 2014, 1:50am

[LTI General] Facebook Group

What is the utility of LTI's facebook group? If the Forum is the place to have all the conversations and general communication what purpose does the facebook group serve? I'm aware that you guys - and myself - can guide everyone much better from the forum, since it is the main tool we use, and try to let everybody know about that so that we are not scattered in many places. Personally, I have difficulties searching through facebook for people that might need help or guidance because of its structure. The forum is much more easier thanks to the notifications and unread posts.
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

2 registered users and 50 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada, Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Monday, March 3rd 2014, 12:39am

The Facebook group, and the Twitter account we created a while back, exist as "lighthouse beacons". The primary objectives of the group are to attract potential volunteers to the forum (front door to the LTI forum), provide a kind of public "help desk" to make it easier for people to find specific translations they need and to provide one of several "billboards" to showcase completed translations & overall LTI activity. It's potential is not currently being maximized due to the obvious difficulty in forming an active group of people around the PR Group focus.

On a very related side note, Rod worked up some comprehensive documentation to help focus such an active PR Group toward intelligently focusing on all of the potential ways we could attract, guide and support new volunteers, much better connect with all other groups, much better distribute relevant information about completed translations, etc.. However, we have since recognized that we first need to make many more people more aware of the relevance and inter-connectivity needs for such activities (the major benefits our efforts provide for all RBE-focused activities) in order to pull such a team together. The PR Group needs active people who readily recognize its significance, and eventually, a good amount of automation for long-term sustained success (quite similar in its 'need for serious & active people' to the initial launch of LTI itself).
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

49 guests thanked already.
  • "Christos Pap." is male
  • "Christos Pap." started this thread

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Monday, March 3rd 2014, 2:50am

1) What is the FB group's potential from your point of view?
2) Which documentation are you talking about? Can I see it?
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

49 guests thanked already.
  • "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Monday, March 3rd 2014, 5:18am

I described the basics of its potential in my previous reply, but there is far more to all of this than what I can type out in a forum reply, especially for any members who are still in the earlier stages of trying to put together the big picture (not just PR Group, but the overall intended design of LTI's systems approach).

Documentation is in the portal (which most people will not be able to access until it is publicly launched)
PR Platforms & Strategies - LTI Member Portal
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

50 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Monday, March 3rd 2014, 10:52am

I wouldn't trust that info anymore. It is incomplete and it was done long time ago, so it is most likely outdated. Besides that, it seems to me that you are "defining" the PR events beyond whatever that existed before on your day by day activities, Christos. I really enjoy becoming aware of it when you share your initiatives in this forum, and in the Facebook group, and it gives me perspectives on what I can also do (that might be the highest potential I see in the FB group). There is really no "PR Group" to be waiting for so that something can happen.
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

48 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion