You are not logged in.

David Amaral

Unregistered

Monday, March 21st 2016, 12:34pm

Can I translate a TVP Magazine?

Hi,

I was wondering if could translate TVP Magazine n.6 Special Edition to Portuguese (European).

Back in the Portuguese forum @nomada: told me to ask this question here.

Thanks.

2 registered users and 33 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray, zedom

• "ossi11111" is male

Date of registration: Nov 27th 2013

Language Team: German

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator
LTI Development Group

Thursday, March 24th 2016, 7:19am

Here is the best place to ask because other people that have the same question will then know the answer too. For example I am also interested whether that is possible. So let's hope somebody shows up and tells us. :)
Signature from »ossi11111« Willst du beim Übersetzen mithelfen?
E-Mail an: GermanLingTeam@gmail.com

Bisher veröffentlichte Videos mit deutschen Untertiteln:
GermanLingTeam - YouTube

1 registered user and 32 guests thanked already.

Ray

Date of registration: Jul 1st 2014

Language Team: C++

Focus Group: LTI Development Group

Thursday, March 24th 2016, 1:00pm

This question was addressed by Ray in one of the Dev Meetings. The manpower required by LTI to include TVP Magazines in their care is not yet available. So LingTeams would be unnecessarily overloaded.

If you decide to make a one-man effort or you are putting your own team together, that might the road forward.

However, don't let that be the last word! It is recommended that you get a response directly from Ray. He's more able to provide you with the different options and possibilities than I am.

1 registered user and 33 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Thursday, March 24th 2016, 5:52pm

There are numerous really big projects that we're looking to add to LTI's care over the next year or so, including TVPMag, but as Oxygen pointed out, most of our teams are still too small to be able to even consider starting such projects without dropping everything else (which is not in the best interest of our prime audience, the world).

LTI's Development Group (Evolution) is gearing up to begin automating much of the LTI system, as well as greatly expand the global distribution system of everything ever completed by any/all of our language teams. I expect that as this automated system comes online, it will attract significantly more people into the teams (and into the greater RBE community as a whole), allowing us to expand into these larger projects will much less difficulty. Anyone with strong programming experience who wants to help with this major development project should get in touch with me. ;)

If anyone insists on taking on one or more TVPMag issues on their own, you should also get in touch with me, since I can connect you directly with the raw text.
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

2 registered users and 30 guests thanked already.

zedom, Rafa Peris

© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion