You are not logged in.

• "neverquit" started this thread

Date of registration: Jun 16th 2011

Language Team: German

Focus Group: Translator

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 8:33am

How do I fully delete threads and restore deleted threads to normal?

Heya family,
I have two questions regarding this beautiful (because efficiently working) forum:

1) How do I fully delete a thread? I "deleted" it but it still shows up in red color. Is there a way to fully get rid of it? This would be helpful to keep the overview clear and as unconfusing as possible - especially for newcomers.
2) How do I un-delete a thread? One that is now red but I actually need it back as normal entry.

Thank you guys!
Much love
Marius

40 guests thanked already.
  • "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 7:26pm

Both actions are back-end functions and I'm not yet sure if/how to make it so that you guys can access those controls. There is also an issue that came about because the server we're on had to be strongly locked down a while back, which seems to have caused some subsequent module installations to not install as completely as they need to be. The result is that some of these kinds of functions bring about an error message instead of doing what they are supposed to do, yet reinstallation of those modules did not clear up the problem.

So, as time permits, I've been going through the hundreds of modules that make up this forum - uninstalling, reinstalling them one at a time to see if/when a given problem clears up. Until I finally stumble on the one(s) that do clear it up, I seriously hesitate at making too many other changes to the back-end structure, permissions, layout, etc.. The only other approach we can take to fixing this would be a complete rebuilding of the forums from scratch (and subsequent reimporting of the database), but then I can't guarantee that the various existing threads will be re-imported sucessfully and I'm not yet desperate enough to risk such a loss. :embarrassed:

So, at least for now, if you have a thread you are sure is wasting space, or if there is one that you need back, let me know and I'll handle it manually. :seymour:
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

2 registered users and 41 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

txetxo, brunodc

• "lizardman" is male

Date of registration: Jun 3rd 2011

Language Team: Bulgarian

Focus Group: Translation Proofreader
LTI Administration Group

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 7:47pm

Hey guys,

I logged off to check if I will be able to see deleted threads, and here is how they look to unlogged users. I'd imagine that it's the same for users with no moderation rights.
lizardman has attached the following image:
  • untitled.JPG

1 registered user and 39 guests thanked already.

txetxo

Thursday, November 10th 2011, 2:15pm

Thank you for your help!
How about adding a trash-bin folder next to translation team, proofreading team and published results? That way all the nasty mis-threads can simply be moved there and wiped under the rug. you know, solving problems at their root instead of superficial... wait... :thumbsup:

1 registered user and 37 guests thanked already.

brunodc

• "brunodc" is male

Date of registration: May 31st 2011

Language Team: French

Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Thursday, November 10th 2011, 2:40pm

Hey Marius, that's a super idea, the thought of slipping it under the rug never even occurred to me but it would work!

Here's what I've done:
- I've created a subforum called "Trash Bin" under the linguistic developer team forum (I didn't know where to put it, hihi)
- All deleted threads have been moved there, so there we go, we're kinda not seeing them anymore and looking away if we come across them :D

EDIT : I suppose all coordinators should be able to move delete threads there, but you're gonna have to test it and see how it goes.

1 registered user and 44 guests thanked already.

txetxo

Tuesday, November 15th 2011, 11:48am

thanks bruno!
looks good, cheers

43 guests thanked already.
  • "Christos Pap." is male

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Tuesday, February 25th 2014, 11:01am

Thanks for the input, Boris. I wasn't aware that this is how it looks like to non-moderators. I was looking for it!
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

41 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion