• "lizardman" is male
  • "lizardman" started this thread

Date of registration: Jun 3rd 2011

Language Team: Bulgarian

Focus Group: Translation Proofreader
LTI Administration Group

Friday, October 28th 2011, 11:19pm

Scientific Scales of Performance

This might cause trouble to a lot of people. It certainly had me wonder. You can find the expression in
FAQ #53 on TVP's site. Read the full answer to that question to better understand how this term relates to decision-making and why it is important to achieve "scientific scales of performance" (and how computerization will help us do it).

By "scientific scales of performance" Jacque means certain scientific standarts which have to be met. But let's hear the explanation from himself: http://www.archive.org/details/ScientificScalesOfPerformance

Now, let's think about the translation.

First is the word "scale". From here I got two meanings that could be of help:

- A standard of measurement or judgment; a criterion.
- A basis for comparison; a reference point against which other things can be evaluated; "the schools comply with federal standards"; "they set the measure for all subsequent work". Related words: criterion, standard, touchstone, measure.

I used "standart", you can use whichever word(s) conveys the meaning best in your language.

The other word that's causing trouble is "performance" :

- process or manner of functioning or operating; "the power of its engine determines its operation"; "the plane's operation in high winds"; "they compared the cooking performance of each oven"; "the jet's performance conformed to high standards". Synonyms: functioning, running, operation, working, action, behaviour, capacity, efficiency, capabilities. What is the car's performance like?

It might be hard to both accurately translate the term and make it understandable. After some thinking, I'm sure you'll find a nice solution. :)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "lizardman" (Oct 29th 2011, 6:05pm)

3 registered users and 43 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray, ossi11111, Lcs

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Tuesday, November 1st 2011, 12:35pm

Thanks Lizzie!! :love:

Another working location where you will find this term is the "The Venus Project - Resource Based Economy" video.

[English] The Venus Project - Resource Based Economy [Done]

hugs :loveya:
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 46 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray

© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion