You are not logged in.

• "neverquit" started this thread

Date of registration: Jun 16th 2011

Language Team: German

Focus Group: Translator

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 10:30am

[Video] Alfie Kohn - The case against competition - 55:16

This is probably the most concise lecture I have ever heard and literally destroys the faith in competition while motivating the need for cooperation.

As far as I know there are no subs yet but it is well worth tackling in my opinion. :thumbup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4si1HaDmLg

2 registered users and 40 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada, Di Anna

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 12:18pm

I found this video in amara.org This could be a helpful platform since some relevant projects are already there but also because they have made available a new interface where we can create or edit any idiom and timeshift it at the same time, split or merge strings according to the convenience of that language's grammar structure (sometimes some languages need more space than others). Also, it shows us how the subs will be showing on youtube as we do it, which is great, and if the project is connected to a YT channel, depending if the channel owner so decided, they will appear directly there. So, to proofread, improve or correct subs that are already public, is great! This is also a way to involve more people from the online translations phenomena.

Alfie Kohn - The Case Against Competition with subtitles | Amara

The ideal is to do it in English first, with a good timing/strings structure and each language translation can use the English timings saving lots of effort. To translate and timeshift at the same time, even using the beta interface of amara which is really handy, is still a pain in the ass :hypno: But it is worth the effort. How many people quit watching a video before finishing it without realizing that it is an uncomfortable reading that is making their brain not accept it so well? :seymour:
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 50 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Di Anna

© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion