You are not logged in.

• "nitrofurano" is male
  • "nitrofurano" started this thread

Date of registration: Apr 10th 2012

Language Team: pt-pt

Focus Group: Translator

Monday, July 29th 2013, 7:45pm

this 3h Filip Ivanov (TVP) interview surprised me, i think worth being transcribed

it was a surprise for me how good as complementary to TVP is this 3 hours long interview to Filip Ivanov:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POdVuOcFAbc

even probably not being that prioritary, i think it worth being transcribed - what do you all think?

44 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Tuesday, July 30th 2013, 12:09am

Hi Paulo!! Long time I didn't see you around! How are you doing? what have you been up to?

Interesting that Filip was interviewed in that channel. cool :)
A 3h video is quite long.There are already very few people to proofread, timeshift and transcribe the many hours of videos that are in the lists of works. I think this 3h video would be a good idea if we had more volunteers than stuff to do. In that case yes :D But are we ever going to get there? It would need a lot of promotion of what there is to be done so many more people join the efforts, being itin transcription, proofreading, timeshifting, translation and even other admin tasks like managing youtube channels, update repositories to safeguard subtitles, promote completed translations on facebook and other networks, develop new tools to automate many of the tasks and make it much easier for people to participate, etc. I guess those tasks would better lead us to our goals than to add a this 3h long video. 3h long!!? 8o I guess you miss transcribing ah? :ahaha:

Some English proofreaders asked if you could go back to your transcriptions and change all the 'i's in 'i am', 'i mean', 'i understand' etc, by 'I's hehe. I guess they are tired of correcting those :D If you restart on the transcriptions, nitro, don't throw the nitro on your engine so much this time, but rather connect with the English proofreaders and try to improve your English skills and guidelines, I suggest. I am sure they would appreciate that very much ^^ and, all of this, as long as you have fun along the way, of course,like with everything else in life ;)

If I go back to Portugal mainland in the end of the Summer would be nice to meet you in live. Are you still living in Lisbon?

hugs
rodrigo
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 41 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nitrofurano

• "nitrofurano" is male
  • "nitrofurano" started this thread

Date of registration: Apr 10th 2012

Language Team: pt-pt

Focus Group: Translator

Monday, May 23rd 2016, 7:24pm

hi @nomada !

Sorry that only now i'm seeing this message from you - i guess that happened because my mother passed away months before, and i were emotionally unstable during a quite long time because of that, and sorry again (and i got unstable enough to make me forget what was this interview about, totally...)

Anyway, i'm seeing that this video got removed or deleted, and i didn’t made a backup of it - and even worse, i got some conflict issues with Filip perhaps a year after that, and since them i was trying to avoid contacting him (really sad situation because our volunteership is very closely dependent of contacting and being contactable all the time, and such behaviour incompatibilities seems to be a kind of “force of nature”, as side effect of such sick, and sickening, world, as a whole environment, that we still have to live these days - so, as usual... :S )

Btw, since last decades i'm living near Porto, not Lisbon (i was only born in Lisbon, and lived a decade and half in Brazil a little after that)

15 guests thanked already.