Date of registration: Nov 27th 2013

Language Team: German

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator
LTI Development Group

Saturday, February 1st 2014, 5:36pm

Why is there no transcription for "Jacque Fresco on War" while there is one for a video that contains this one?

While proofreading the German subtitles for "Jacque Talk Series - 2nd Edition" I found out, that this is just a video that contains several other shorter videos. For all other parts I can just do copy&paste (e.g. Religion, Money) from the original videos and their translations, but I encountered that for War there is no separate transcription. It would be very easy to do, because it's just copy&paste again but in the other direction.

Is there any reason why that is missing or am I just too bad in using the forum search function? If nobody protests within some days, I will do the transcription for War myself on the basis of the longer video. For instance the video about war is available here: YouTube probably that is not an official channel, but the other videos of that series are available at TZMChapterGiessen for example.

That's all very strange, maybe somebody can clear up. :)
Signature from »ossi11111« Willst du beim Übersetzen mithelfen?
E-Mail an: GermanLingTeam@gmail.com

Bisher veröffentlichte Videos mit deutschen Untertiteln:
GermanLingTeam - YouTube

1 registered user and 48 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada

• "Christos Pap." is male

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Saturday, February 1st 2014, 9:07pm

Hey, Ossi. Maybe it's because there are many projects on hold right now on the English Team.
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

51 guests thanked already.
  • "lizardman" is male

Date of registration: Jun 3rd 2011

Language Team: Bulgarian

Focus Group: Translation Proofreader
LTI Administration Group

Saturday, February 1st 2014, 10:02pm

2 registered users and 36 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada, ossi11111

• "ossi11111" is male
  • "ossi11111" started this thread

Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator
LTI Development Group

Sunday, February 2nd 2014, 11:00am

Should I create a thread in the English section for the transcript, so that the next guy searching for it in the forum will find something? I will just write that it is done and add the link to the Dotsub location.
For instance, for me the forum is still the first place, when I am looking for something.

Does that make sense?

GermanLingTeam - YouTube

39 guests thanked already.

Language Coordinator

Sunday, February 2nd 2014, 12:19pm

Ιt does make sense. However, there seem to be a lot of projects on hold, so I'm not sure the English team would want more. I think it's better you talked to Di Anna about that one.

Also, we have a meeting tomorrow on Teamspeak at 8pm GMT about the transcriptions, timeshifting and proofreading procedures. I see that you like transcribing a lot. Would you care to help in proofreading too? If you would like to expand your action in this team come to the meeting tomorrow. We will talk about how we can integrate these 3 phases so that the process becomes more efficient and more projects reach the world.
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

39 guests thanked already.
  • "ossi11111" is male

Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator
LTI Development Group

Sunday, February 2nd 2014, 1:09pm

The project seems already finished because there are English subtitles in Dotsub and they are translated into several other languages. I just want to create a thread to inform other users, that it is finished who search in the forum for it like I did.

To be honest, I think I am not able to transcribe because my English isn't good enough. I just do the German subtitles and by accident I encounter problems with the English transcripts. :D I have more than enough work with proofreading and translating in the German section, where I fit in much better, because my German is way better than my English. ;)

Maybe I will show up tomorrow, maybe not. I cannot say anything more specific. Nevertheless I wouldn't be able to contribute a lot, because like stated before, I am only concerned with the German section so far. So don't count on me.

What may help to make the procedure more efficient might be a tool which I programmed for the German team. It creates srt-files out of Titanpads and Sync.in-Pads with much less work for the user than in the common way we used in the German team (manually copying every line from the pad to DotSub). I could also implement other pads if necessary. The tool also has a function for transcripts.
If you are interested, you will find it here: http://forum.linguisticteam.org/srt_tool/
Don't hesitate to try it out in whichever way you want, because it is not possible to do any harm with it - the last step (uploading the srt-file) is done by the user and not the program. The tool itself does not change anything it just supports the user to increase the working speed.
For testing purposes you can use the following pad: TitanPad: zeitgeistTheEuropeanWay-franky
There are all lines already marked in the fashion the tool needs.

GermanLingTeam - YouTube

36 guests thanked already.
  • "lizardman" is male

Date of registration: Jun 3rd 2011

Language Team: Bulgarian

Focus Group: Translation Proofreader
LTI Administration Group

Sunday, February 2nd 2014, 1:51pm

The section in the forum for projects that have been finished by the Eng. team is the Open for Translation section. But I didn't find this project there. I guess there are more projects from these early ones that are without threads.

I'm not sure what purpose a thread will serve if it doesn't have the info the Eng. proofreaders left while doing their work on it. For searching for a project, wiki seems much faster and elegant. And even the wiki is going to be replaced by our new Project Management System.

But if you think it will serve a useful purpose, by all means, do create a thread in the appropriate section. :)

• "ossi11111" is male

Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator
LTI Development Group

Sunday, February 2nd 2014, 2:11pm

You are always talking about the new Project Management System. How long will it take until it is up and running here? Some day in the future? Until then we should deal with what we have.

Right now the situation is the following: There are too much places to look for something. Proof: I am very active for about two months now and still do not fully understand where to look for something. And because there are so much places for information, some of them are not up to date. Proof: READ ME FIRST

It is just a hotfix to create a thread, but it makes it easier for some people. For me it would have been easier because I had not to ask if there is a transcription for War, if there was a thread in the forum for it. ;) And you guys would have been able to transcribe something instead of answering me here. :)

So I created the thread for War.

GermanLingTeam - YouTube

38 guests thanked already.
  • "ossi11111" is male

Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator
LTI Development Group

Monday, February 3rd 2014, 1:12pm

Lizardman gave me the IPs and passwords of two servers. Will the meeting be on the server of TZM or TVP? Which channel there?

GermanLingTeam - YouTube

45 guests thanked already.

Language Coordinator

Monday, February 3rd 2014, 9:48pm

Hey, mate. Don't worry about that. I am 1 and a half year here and I still don't know where to look for everything. That's why we try to communicate in the forum and the meetings. Feel free to ask when you have a problem about a project. The transition to the portal is very tough because there are no developers except for Ray. Do you know perhaps any devs who could help? It would really help these problems you are referring too a lot of faster.

About the projects locations, the most updated place to find what you are looking for is the English Team section in the Forum (http://forum.linguisticteam.org/board2-l…ish-department/). The wiki is old and since the team is on a transition stage, it's very tough to maintain update 2 tools simultaneously. Ray is the only developer as far as I know, and he is already the global co-ordinator. Do you have any ideas on how we can find developers and speed this transition up?

For any questions, we can talk on skype, if you want. My skype name is the_edge_360 . If you see me online, grab me for questioning!

© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion