You are not logged in.

• "ioloo" started this thread

Date of registration: Mar 21st 2012

Language Team: Spanish

Focus Group: Translation Proofreader

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 6:07pm

TVP Magazine translation

I'd like to translate TVP Magazine to another language.

TVP Magazine is Quality Assured, so we only need start translations in the different language teams. And if in the future it's necessary a coordination project on magazine we'll have some translations initiated.

I use this space to make constance of the request and expose the level of team interest on TVP Magazine translations. Maybe nobody wants TVP Magazine translated.

Some suggestions or help?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ioloo" (Aug 22nd 2014, 11:22am)

44 guests thanked already.
  • "Christos Pap." is male

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Friday, August 22nd 2014, 7:35am

Hey, mate. The English team has been virtually inactive for some time now because the co-ord left and some admins too. The ones who are left (mostly Ray and lizardman) got their hands full trying to get the Members Portal. The Member's portal is a new tool which will hopefully alleviate a lot of the former burden that admins and co-ords had so that people don't need to wait for replies to get a project started or generally know what to do. If you'd like to learn more, the meetings is the best place. If you'd like to get notified about our bi-weekly meetings, you can join our facebook group. Usually, someone will make an event for it. Our meetings take place on Teamspeak, an online group chat tool. To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

As far as new projects are concerned, such as the TVP Magazine, for the reason I mentioned above it is impractical right now to bring on new projects. You can take a look here about how many projects are considered "active" and how many "on hold". Virtually, everything there is on hold since the team is inactive. So, would you like to clean up some of these projects? :)

Best,
CP
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

1 registered user and 45 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

ioloo

• "ioloo" started this thread

Date of registration: Mar 21st 2012

Language Team: Spanish

Focus Group: Translation Proofreader

Friday, August 22nd 2014, 11:19am

Thanks for news,

I understand that. I don't want the coordinators effort in a new project.
As volunteer, I only want to start translations. TVP Magazine is QA, so we only need start translations in the different language teams. And if in the future it's necessary a coordination project on magazine we'll have some translations initiated.

This is the only place to request translations on forum, so I use that to make constance of the request and expose the level of team interest on TVP Magazine translations. Maybe nobody wants TVP Magazine translated.

41 guests thanked already.
  • "Christos Pap." is male

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Sunday, August 24th 2014, 9:20am

I don't know about that. Maybe you should wait for some days and see if anybody expresses their interest for translating the magazine.

Best,
CP
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

49 guests thanked already.

Used tags

Magazine, TVP

Social bookmarks

© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion