You are not logged in.

• "Eli_Gezes" started this thread

Date of registration: Oct 27th 2012

Language Team: Hebrew

Focus Group: Translator

Saturday, October 27th 2012, 10:48pm

Israelim kadima! Lets gather a team for Hebrew translations

Guys I hope you are out there and have the same desire as mine - to help bring this project to the attention of all people world wide. We can start with our people - israeli people.

I have jused finished translating this video to hebew:

http://dotsub.com/view/1887389d-a615-45a7-90e0-9ec81fd53fd6

let me know if you see any errors and or if its good to go

1 registered user and 55 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada

• "orsunshine" is female

Date of registration: Nov 25th 2012

Language Team: hebrew

Sunday, November 25th 2012, 11:06am

hey Eli. my name is or, and ive just finish translating a video. im posting it for u to view and comment. if its all good, i would like some instroctions on what or how to move it forward. all the best. or

http://dotsub.com/view/cfb80ae8-27bf-4a2e-88e2-c76182581de1

1 registered user and 50 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Sunday, November 25th 2012, 4:42pm

Hi Elie and Or : )
I'm glad you fellows are meeting here and so will be able to help proofread each others.

When a translation is fully proofread and the best of your abilities, let me know so we can set one of you up to create ToDos in the forum (http://forum.linguisticteam.org/index.php?page=ToDoList). This is a way of communication between all languages and the admin group, several volunteers,including myself, that offered to manage the youtube accounts of the Ling.Team, TZM, TVP, safeguard the translations in the Repository Location and help spread them online. We could consider creating a Youtube channel where to uplaod the videos which have completed Hebrew translations too, if any of you is willing to help in the translation of the titles and video descriptions. Just an hypothesis to consider, which could help spread the contents and make them show up in search engines in Hebrew.

Let us know if you need anything else or what do you envision, and we might have some tools to help you ;)

PS - In case any of you didn't added a thread or forum section to your favourites (bottom right of the page), so you could receive notifications when someone replies, you can always add, for example @orsunshine: or @Eli_Gezes: in the post. Let me know if it worked this time?

hugs ^^
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

53 guests thanked already.
  • "Eli_Gezes" started this thread

Date of registration: Oct 27th 2012

Language Team: Hebrew

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 10:08am

@nomada @orsunshine

@nomada @orsunshine

Great we are growing :)

I wil go over the translation that Or did, today.

Rodrigo, we do need a clear plan of work that is easy to access for the new members without needing to wait for someone to have the time to explain the basics for each new member.

52 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 12:26pm

Yes we do Eli. Especially when they arrive in bigger numbers and our offline lives won't allow us to be always around.
There are some tools that could help in this. But I could use a hand preparing it. Let me list them first:

- Ray can give any of you (or both) access to this forum as a language coordinator. That will allow for you to move threads between sections, create sections (sub-forums) between others. We could then create a welcoming section inside the Hebrew sub-forum (at the image of the French, Italian and other teams, but maybe not as complex as they have it) which would clearly point at the tutorials on how to start in Dotsub and Pootle and a list of projects to chose from. This could include a Questions/Error Report/Others thread, or something.
(Dotsub: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r9zQoYWBd0 and Pootle: http://wiki.linguisticteam.org/w/Help:Pootle )

- By leaving clear instructions and let the newcomers know that it is required that they post about their intentions or any project they take in hands, it will assure that the team is connected and everyone knows what is happening.

- When a project is proofread by someone, it is important for us (admin group) that a ToDo be done. Simply is a place in the forum where every team reports a completed translation to be safeguard in the repository, and published in the LTI , TVP , TZM and Jacque Fresco youtubes, and maybe also a Hebrew channel that we can create to add only Hebrew translations. (The Hebrew channel is an extra task that we can leave for later if we are too busy for it.) There are the websites, books and other locations where we upload translations too. Because of the amount of tasks that follow any given finished translation, and the number of teams and volunteers involved, it is really important that 1 member of each team is responsible for making a ToDo when something is completed, or else we will get lost in the admin tasks.

Let me know if any of you is willing to help create that forum section or if you have something else in mind?

hugs :bighug:
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

49 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion