Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator
Language Team Assistant
Linguistic TechTeam Group
Public Relations Group

Wednesday, April 26th 2017, 7:03pm

Persian Language

Dear All

My name is Aby and I live in London and I am originally from Iran, so a Parsi speaking native. I am also an experienced marine & offshore engineer and have advanced skills in engineering design and construction, with expertise in finite element analysis for structural design.

I would like to translate documents and videos from Venus Project into Parsi. Please help me join the Parsi Language Team here and start helping the cause.

Regards

Aby

1 registered user and 6 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Thursday, April 27th 2017, 7:57pm

Welcome, Abi!
I see that you have already located the Farsi Team section and introduced yourself there. Wonderful!

Mohammad (former Farsi Team Coordinator) and Misagh have not been around for some time, so it appears that you have the choice of either working 'relatively' alone (no one is ever really 'alone' here among such a large and helpful international family :) ) or you might prefer to invite others to come and help rebuild the team. The more volunteers there are in a team, the easier it is for everyone involved.

In the meantime, there are two projects that have already been created by Misagh in the Farsi "Current Projects" section, but you are completely free to select any project that you would prefer to focus on from the "Open for Translation" section of the forum. The vast majority of official projects are videos, which we manage collaboratively in a website called dotSUB, while all text-based projects are managed within our Pootle server. You will first need to create a free account in both of these translation-assist resources before you can make use of them. I strongly suggest using the same username (but not necessarily the same password) that you have used here to help avoid future confusion. ;)

To give you a simplified view of how LTI functions, new materials are brought into the English Department first, where they are transcribed and proofread multiple times to create the 'master English transcript' from which all other language translations are derived for consistency. Videos also receive special treatment to their 'timestamps', so that our translation teams do not have to worry about trying to set them themselves. So when any project is completed by the Englsh Dep't, it is moved into the "Open for Translation" section that I mentioned above. So any time you are ready for a new project, that is the place to look for them. And again, connect with me in a PM whenever you are unsure of "the next step", and I will be honored to guide you through. It is only confusing in the beginning, and with your background, I suspect you will have no problems in learning the system very quickly.

Hugs,
Ray
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

7 guests thanked already.
  • "AbySaaj" started this thread

Date of registration: Apr 26th 2017

Language Team: PERSIAN

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator
Language Team Assistant
Linguistic TechTeam Group
Public Relations Group

Thursday, April 27th 2017, 10:22pm

Persian Language

Hi Ray,
Thank you for your message. I will look around and familiarise myself with the system here and establish a routine to carry out translations. It seems that there are no other Persian translators around now. I may introduce one or two other people to join in and help.

I am glad to have joined the group and hope to be able to make a difference.

Regards

Aby

1 registered user and 5 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Monday, July 10th 2017, 11:02am

Hi Aby,
I'm just checking in to see how you're coming along with acclimating yourself to LTI's system.
If you'd like a bit guidance on anything, just give me some idea of whatever questions you might have, and I am ready whenever you are to bring your 'project of choice' into the Persian/Farsi Team so that we can get started. ;)
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

3 guests thanked already.
  • "msghamiri" is male

Date of registration: Mar 3rd 2012

Language Team: Persian (Farsi)

Focus Group: Language Coordinator

Monday, July 31st 2017, 8:46pm

Welcome !!!

Dear aby,

Greeting and welcome!

I am very happy to see you in here. Such a long time no active member in the team and maybe one of main reasons that I also went offline in here :( I am very sorry for relatively long reply to your thread as I mention in private message to you I have been busy.

Hopefully, I will be able to manage for being more active in here so we can finish some small projects together.
Looking forward to hear from you

1 registered user and 2 guests thanked already.

Ray

© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion