You are not logged in.

• "Guram" started this thread

Date of registration: Nov 20th 2017

Language Team: Georgian

Focus Group: Translator

Monday, November 20th 2017, 7:59pm

Hello from Georgia (country)

Hello everyone!

I am Guram, from Georgia and my native language is Georgian language. Just recently I have watched the video of Jacque Fresco on YouTube and I was fascinated by his ideas. So I did further research and found out that I can support you at least by translating various information into Georgian language. I have also started reading the books that Jacque recommends and I hope after gaining sufficient knowledge I will be able to provide more significant support for the Venus project.

So, if it is possible please give me the guidance if and how I can support.

P.S.
If you are interested about the geographic territory called Georgia you can visit following links:
1. https://youtu.be/YWXvDxovfM4
2. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-23072361
3. https://youtu.be/bCWDIbzW8gw

2 registered users and 3 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

zedom, Ray

Date of registration: Jul 11th 2013

Language Team: Portuguese (Europe)

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Team Assistant

Tuesday, November 21st 2017, 9:43pm

Hey Guram, welcome!

Your experience was not very different from my own hehe

I don't think there is a Georgian language section in the forum yet, so you may be the first for inauguration! :D
Let me whistle our global admin @Ray: so he can help you set it up if you're willing to do so!

Cheers!

Guram, Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Friday, November 24th 2017, 10:28pm

Thank you @zedom:, and Welcome to the family, @Guram:!! It's great to have you here, my friend.

As Zedom mentioned, you are the first to raise your hand for Georgian, so I will create the support for it throughout LTI's global resources.
In the meantime, you can gain a sense of the scope of important RBE-based projects that we handle currently "Open for Translation" projects in the forum section by the same name (<-- that link will take you there). Once I have your 'new team's' resources in place, I can guide you into a first translation project of your choosing. ^^

If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask. We are at your service.
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ray" (Nov 24th 2017, 11:01pm)

zedom, Guram

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Friday, November 24th 2017, 11:07pm

Ok, you now have your very own Georgian Team section in the forum, and this thread has been moved to the team's new "Introduce Yourself" board. Please make me aware if anything doesn't quite look right to you.
If you know of others who may want to help you with translation and proofreading efforts, invite them to introduce themselves to everyone else here, too. ^^

dotSUB (the tool we use for video translations) is already ready already for Georgian, so I will now head into Pootle (the tool we use for "text-based" translation efforts) and set up Georgian there, as well. Once completed, you will be able to create a profile in both of the tools.
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

1 registered user and 3 guests thanked already.

Guram