You are not logged in.

• "Koroglu" is male
  • "Koroglu" started this thread

Date of registration: Apr 3rd 2014

Language Team: Turkish

Focus Group: Translator

Wednesday, September 27th 2017, 1:33pm

The Venus Project Presentation by Cengiz Koroglu (September 2017) - Transition

I did two passes of correcting the auto-generated YT captions for English, in the second pass I adjusted the timestamps and the lengths of strings too, as close to LTI guidelines as I could, and the result is in the YT link itself. I hope some of you guys find this of enough importance and do a final proofread/review, so this video too gets a transcription so it can be hopefully translated to other languages.

3 registered users and 4 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Rafa Peris, Holograma, Solehin Bin Sabtu

• "Solehin Bin Sabtu" is male

Date of registration: Jun 30th 2015

Language Team: English

Focus Group: English Proofreader
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group
Other - Not Listed Above

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 8:01am

Proofing and notice

You have done great work into forming the transcription. Did a sample proofing of the video and found it to be withing guidelines and very helpful!

Also, I used the YouTube tool to automatically translate your well done transcript into Bahasa (my second tongue), English >>> Bahasa Melayu, and found that the message conveyed is well preserved. It's amazing how the field of computer translation is advancing for our beneficial use!

Be Well,

• "Koroglu" is male

Friday, October 13th 2017, 11:04am

Thank you so much for your interest and effort Solehin Bin Sabtu, appreciate it.

3 guests thanked already.
  • "Koroglu" is male

Thursday, October 26th 2017, 8:57am

Hi there @Mr_Z:
I wanted to make you aware of this thread, with greetings from Ray. Solehin Bin Sabtu said he found my transcript effort well within LTI guidelines so I would appreciate if you can double-check it.

2 guests thanked already.
  • "Mr_Z" is male

Date of registration: Dec 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Sunday, October 29th 2017, 8:35pm

Hi Cengiz! I applaud you on your efforts of developing the English SRT for this vid.

The English captions themselves are for the most part grammatically, punctually and spelling correct. But, as reflected in the analysis output attached, LTI guidelines are violated in two key areas: 1) minimum 100 msec gap between captions, and 2) maximum 6-second line duration. Also the file format does not appear to be UTF-8, which is a must.

Expanding to a minimum of 100msec between captions should be straightforward. However dropping all the flagged lines below 6 seconds may take more work. I'd first look at removing any "dead air" so to speak at the in- and out-point of each caption, then break some of the extra long lines (say over 7 sec) into 2 lines. etc.

The analysis tool you can use to check your changes is here: http://caprica.linguisticteam.org/tools/analyze/index.php. Good luck!
Mr_Z has attached the following file:
Signature from »Mr_Z« Mr_Z (the miscreant formerly known as Mr_B)
English Dept coord

1 registered user and 2 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Solehin Bin Sabtu

© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion