• "Di Anna" started this thread

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2011

Language Team: ENGLISH

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Sunday, August 21st 2011, 9:14pm

Glossary Updates

Hi, all you Glossarians :D
I am continuing to work on adding definitions for the terms on the spreadsheet. I was hoping someone on our team would give input (or suggestions) for clear, concise definitions of Professor McMurtry's terms "Life Sequence of Value" and "life ground". I have researched these and my problem is creating a brief, concise definition. Every source I've found is LONG ! 8|

Also, it would be great if others would weigh in on some of the really important terms, like The Venus Project and The Zeitgeist Movement. The spreadsheet is open to all via the forum.

((hugs)) to everyone!
Di

LINK TO THE SPREADSHEET
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "brunodc" (Aug 22nd 2011, 3:08pm)

1 registered user and 42 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Monday, August 22nd 2011, 8:53am

Have I told you lately that I love you, Di? :love:
If not, you and Jack are VERY much appreciated!

Two things:
  1. The spreadsheet may be open to all, but a link to it is nowhere to be found in here that I can see. You may want to post the link so that others can play along. ;)
  2. I just looked through the back door of wiki and discovered additionals page of glossary terms. The first is one that Rod created a while back, likely as an experimental page, but it seems to have some things that are not present on the main page (and perhaps not in the spreadsheet, either). The second is a very old one (pre-LingTeam) that was never developed.
    http://wiki.linguisticteam.org/w/LingTeamEnglishGlossary
    http://wiki.linguisticteam.org/w/Glossary
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

38 guests thanked already.
  • "brunodc" is male

Date of registration: May 31st 2011

Language Team: French

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Monday, August 22nd 2011, 9:53am

To give you a bit of history, I actually created that first wiki page based on a glossary that we kept on a pad.

But since, I've copied the whole thing into the spreadsheet that Di is working on right now.

As to why some words aren't there, I really can't explain it... I added most of the terms from this wiki page that weren't in the google doc yet. I've highlighted them in green.

I'm gonna try to populate the resource link as I discover those terms in our materials.

38 guests thanked already.
  • "josip.kompanovic" is male

Date of registration: Aug 13th 2011

Language Team: Croatia

Translation Proofreader

Tuesday, August 23rd 2011, 2:22pm

This is an excellent resource. Just what we needed to emplace the Croatian terminology ... and "belive you me" it's a painful task for Croatian language (and I'd guess others alike) ...
but a rewarding one as well ...
Great work guyz ... And girls :)

1 registered user and 36 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Tuesday, August 23rd 2011, 11:11pm

Actually, your wiki page was the third one added to wiki, but not until we had all of the elements in place needed to confuddle you. ^^

The original one was made in March, 2009 for general TZM term/phrase use (but was never really used).

Just prior to its launch around Oct-Nov, 2009, I created one specifically for the use of the LingTeam (this has since been merged with yours and removed). Rodrigo then made another one (Nov, 2010). I suspect you were not able to find any of these, so you created the one you're mentioning here in May of 2011. :huh:

Isn't History phun?!?
This is a beautiful example of why I simply cannot bring myself to believe most of the things they taught me in school, especially about History. :D

37 guests thanked already.
  • "Ray" is male

Tuesday, August 23rd 2011, 11:24pm

This is an excellent resource. Just what we needed to emplace the Croatian terminology ...

This is still just the preliminary step, Josip.
Hopefully, Chris also provided you with a link or other pointer to an already existing Croatian Glossary, which every Language Team was asked to create and utilize many months ago. If not, ask the Croatian group if anyone has a link to it.

Once the English Glossary is relatively stable (something we've been casually working on for well over a year, but now have Di Anna whipping us into shape ^^ ), all of this info will be moved into a much more interactive, searchable, multi-language Glossary resource integrated as part of the Linguistic Team International website I'm currently constructing. So, when the master English version is ready, I'll be calling on all Coordinators to come in and mirror it within their own language section. At the same time, I'll conduct a short tutorial session for everyone on how to get the most out of this relatively simple, but very important international resource. ;)

40 guests thanked already.
  • "josip.kompanovic" is male

Date of registration: Aug 13th 2011

Language Team: Croatia

Translation Proofreader

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 12:34am

I'm not sure, I've asked Chris and while he's getting me used to spoonfeeding :), was able to provide only a google.groups discussion on some of the terms.
Never the less I have used this worksheet as a template, extracted the terminology discussed on google groups among the croatian team, and am gathering
the rest from the previously finished materials, and also using the serbian glossary as a reference .... so I should have our Glossary up and runnin' soon ...
It's a good thing that you've mentioned the multi-language Glossary ... I hate it when I feel like I have a gigantic question mark floating above my head when asked
something ;)

1 registered user and 35 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Thursday, August 25th 2011, 5:15am

Heh heh
Don't get too twisted up over this. There will be plenty of time for filling out/up the Croatian Glossary once it's up on the site, and the best part is that the entire team can help with the process both before & after the site version is launched. ^^

36 guests thanked already.
  • "brunodc" is male

Date of registration: May 31st 2011

Language Team: French

Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Saturday, November 12th 2011, 7:12am

I don't know where to post this, but it might help some of you non natives: Lets make sure we all know the difference between the words TENET and TENANT.

1 registered user and 38 guests thanked already.

Ray

© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion