You are not logged in.

• "Di Anna" is female

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2011

Language Team: ENGLISH

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Friday, December 23rd 2011, 7:23pm

Little reminders from Nomada (& Di)

Thanks, Sweet N, for the post on FB. It was sooooo good, I decided to repeat it here and add a little addendum. ;)

Hi fellows!!The GLOBAL GLOSSARY is being worked out at full vapor after several language teams were quick to share the links to their individual language glossaries, from where we take the English terms and add to the Global Glossary.
This Global Glossary will be completed with definitions, synonyms and other technical witchcrafts from our SupeEnglishProofer - Di Kruse :D But, there are much more to do that asks for the participation from all of you that are gaining a rich experience in translation: help build the glossary by

A) sharing the link to your language glossary so we use it to complete the Global Glossary even better;
B) help complete the "context" column in the glossary, as it is a very important reference to those who will consult the glossary terms;
C) enrich a discussion on how to translate the different terms included in the glossary, sharing your perspectives and language specifics, so we can all together create the "Translation Guidelines" that will complement the Glossary as auxiliary tools for all teams to use.
http://forum.linguisticteam.org/board217…ion-production/

From me (Di): BIGGGG THX to Lizzieman, TBS, Fernando, VixiSue, Ana, HSG, Nattka, and Bruno who posted links. I have entered all of the terms from your glossaries into our GLOBAL GLOSSARY. We now have 438 terms added. Please feel free to pop in and add whatever you can to the 'context' column. Meanwhile, I am beginning to research terms for definitions, synonyms, and I'll be asking questions here to stimulate rich discussion (which means I don't have a clue ?( and need your help). Most important: Don't forget to add any new terms from your teams to BOTH your team glossary AND our Global Glossary, so that we leave nothing out, right? :thumbsup:

((BIG GROUP HUG)) from me :bighug:
Di
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

4 registered users and 64 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada, Borislav/lizardman, sarjuva, Ray

• "Patti" is female

Date of registration: Jul 3rd 2011

Language Team: German

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader

Saturday, December 31st 2011, 4:17pm

Signature from »Patti«

4 registered users and 48 guests thanked already.

Di Anna, clairchen0205, nomada, Ray

• "Di Anna" is female

Final Reviewer

Saturday, December 31st 2011, 6:06pm

Nice surprise, Patti!

Thank you, Patti, for the German glossary. I will get to work entering your terms on our new Global Glossary.
Happy RBE New Year! :party:
Peace,
Di
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

4 registered users and 46 guests thanked already.

clairchen0205, nomada, FrankySnatra, Ray

• "Di Anna" is female

Final Reviewer

Monday, January 2nd 2012, 8:50pm

Question about German Glossary term

Hi, Patti,
I am adding terms to our Global Glossary, and I saw this term and noted the discussion from your team (see below). I just wanted to add that I believe 'Cyber Nation' is really 'cybernation'. Cyber ​​Nation is an online computer game. I can't tell if the issue was resolved on the German team, but I wanted to let you know that I have added 'cybernation', not Cyber Nation to our glossary. I could not find a definition for 'cybernetization' that fit Jacque's contexts either. :wacko:

Let me know if I there's any problem with the term I have added.
Happy New Year ((hugs)) from me
Di

(Allowing technology (computers) to control various

aspects of society), cybernetics
Cyclical consumption - Consumer Cyclical

Objection (Niko):
= cybernetics cybernetics
cyber nation means something else a bit

"For the translation of 'cyber nation' is Jacque Fresco his own explanation: cyber nation, the merging of computers with production (Source: Designing the Future, by J. Fresco). A society in which machines (ie computers) to the Company a unit represent. " (Source: Leo Forum)

"The cybernetics , Norbert Wiener, according to its founder, the science of control and regulation of machines (technology ), living organisms and social organizations, the term is also used with the formula , the art of controllingtranslated. " (Source: Wikipedia)

Suggestion: How about "cybernetization" for Cyber ​​Nation?

2 registered users and 47 guests thanked already.

nomada, Ray

• "Christos Pap." is male

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Monday, July 28th 2014, 1:07pm

Greek Team Glossary

Is this post active? If not, can I add my language's terms in the document?
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

1 registered user and 46 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Monday, July 28th 2014, 1:22pm

Absolutely, Christos!
I'm sure there are still other language glossaries that we're not yet aware of, but all of them count and are needed to create a complete Global Glossary for the LTI Member Portal.
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

42 guests thanked already.
  • "ossi11111" is male

Date of registration: Nov 27th 2013

Language Team: German

Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator
LTI Development Group

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 10:26am

We are creating a German Glossary as team effort of the German video and text team. However, it will require a little more time. We will share our results when we feel ready.
Signature from »ossi11111« Willst du beim Übersetzen mithelfen?
E-Mail an: GermanLingTeam@gmail.com

Bisher veröffentlichte Videos mit deutschen Untertiteln:
GermanLingTeam - YouTube

1 registered user and 43 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "benzaiten" is male

Date of registration: Nov 25th 2012

Language Team: Italian

Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Saturday, November 22nd 2014, 8:45pm

Hey there!

Our Italian Glossary is available here http://goo.gl/Mr7dQb

In the second tab, named Glossario INGLESE/ITALIANO, I linked (by content in read only mode) the cells from the English Glossary with this expression

=IMPORTRANGE("CKvOzLoB&key=0AtfMr9Mr7HSJdFVYeV9KeHBQbDdXSEpCLTRYYkY3dHc&hl";"Sheet1!" & "B" & ROW()+1)

the first parameter is taken from the key value in the GDoc URL addres of the Englis Glossary

Source code

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtfMr9Mr7HSJdFVYeV9KeHBQbDdXSEpCLTRYYkY3dHc#gid=0

the second parameter is the cell reference, in this case I hardcoded the TAB and COLUMN with a fixed value, while the ROW is calculated dynamically with the function ROW().
As the English Glossary contains the empty row 2, that is not present in the Italian, I added an increment by one (+1) in the formula.

Once set and tested the first row, extend the formula to the entire column.

In this document we have the following tabs
  • LEGGIMI PRIMA (Read me first), with a short explanation of each tab
  • Glossario INGLESE/ITALIANO, the one explained above
  • Glossario ITALIANO, a glossary only for Italian, not linked to the English, where we add terms used frequently to avid continuous proofreading and discussions, justifying the solution proposed with references, links and definitions to avoid personal
  • Prontuario ITALIANO, is a handbook for common typo mistakes (with italian accents) and common italian grammar mistakes
  • Prontuario INGLESE, is a handbook for english type mistakes and common english grammar mistakes
  • Link utili, is a list of useful web resources for translation like dictionaries, coniugators. Any resource helpful for the team.

Comments, proposals and questions are welcome :peace:

1 registered user and 50 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Aldi96" is male

Date of registration: May 26th 2014

Language Team: Albanian

Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Sunday, March 15th 2015, 9:26am

Albanian Glossary

Hi there, i just made a copy of the Global RBE Glossary and we are now translating the terms/phrases. It will take a little time to finish it but it will be easies for new folks on our team to translate materials.

Here is the google sheet link to our glossary:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1…#gid=1323834809

*We are still working on it..... :D
Signature from »Aldi96« You can support The Zeitgeist Movement by not supporting the existing system.

TheZeitgeist Movement Global - Albanian Section
Official Albanian Youtube Channel

1 registered user and 34 guests thanked already.

Ray

Used tags

glossary

© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion