You are not logged in.

• "Christos Pap." is male

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Friday, July 25th 2014, 2:54pm

@ossi11111 Hey, buddy I sent you a file (via e-mail) which may help you with Time-shifting. As far as I know, there are currently no time-shifters active (except for Sue, maybe), so right now only time-shifting tutorials can help you :)
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

35 guests thanked already.
  • "ossi11111" is male

Date of registration: Nov 27th 2013

Language Team: German

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator
LTI Development Group

Friday, July 25th 2014, 4:01pm

But maybe @nomada: can.
@nomada: Could you lend my time shifting here one of your famous time shifting eyes? I think I made huge progress but want to get a less biased opinion about that before I go on with other time shifting efforts.
Signature from »ossi11111« Willst du beim Übersetzen mithelfen?
E-Mail an: GermanLingTeam@gmail.com

Bisher veröffentlichte Videos mit deutschen Untertiteln:
GermanLingTeam - YouTube

37 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Sunday, July 27th 2014, 1:09pm

uploading the timeshifted subs to dotsub

In attachment is the transcript before the timeshifting. The new one is uploaded in the working location.

I can't read the subtitles comfortably, sometimes can't read the full line before it disappears. Guidelines are just what they are - guidelines. The perception and understanding of the message in the video is what we wish to achieve, not the guidelines. I would make the subtitle strings bigger in text and so in reading time too.

These admin tasks could become obsolete if we use Amara. No files can be deleted there and everyone has access to improve (create) a new file for a given project. We would save a lot in communication time too.

Glad to know you are enjoying the timeshifting, ossi. It was good that you insisted for me to check the results. Forget about the guidelines; you need to be able to read the subtitles as comfortably as possible; turn off the sound if needed : )
hugs
nomada has attached the following file:
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 26 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

ossi11111

• "ossi11111" is male

Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator
LTI Development Group

Sunday, July 27th 2014, 3:29pm

@nomada:
It really helped to mute the sound. And I realized that I have to change more even if somebody else did the transcript at first and not only correct the start and end points. I did not want to destroy the work completely but sometimes you have to I guess. :)
I redid it now.

I see the following problems where I have no idea on how to solve it:
  • Line 5 "A guy says 'Jesus Christ, you call this scrambled eggs? Your eggs have been sitting there; they're cold.'" has 105 characters.
  • Line 6 "He can't say that a man is temperamental if he honestly doesn't have enough energy to be reasonable." 100 characters.
  • Line 11 has 30.4 characters per second (CPS) and is 107 characters long. I have no idea how to do it better there because Fresco talks really fast. This was the best I can do and the lowest character to second ratio I was able to achieve.
  • At line 12 "'Can I get a seat on the other side', you know" I dropped the "you know" to increase the reading time for the rest of the sentence.
  • At line 32 "I've learned to do that; first I can only take four," I changed "four" to "4".
  • At line 48 "I think I'll add little more blue, a little more yellow', you can paint the picture right out" CPS is 26.4

So the problem with too less reading time mainly occurs only in line 11 and 48 now. However, I see no way to fix that because Fresco was just too fast when he was younger. ;)
The new version is attached.
ossi11111 has attached the following file:

GermanLingTeam - YouTube

1 registered user and 26 guests thanked already.

nomada

Language Coordinator

Sunday, July 27th 2014, 9:42pm

@brunodc Have you uploaded Ossi's timeshifted subs? Because I see still the project in time-shifting stage.
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

26 guests thanked already.
  • "ossi11111" is male

Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator
LTI Development Group

Monday, July 28th 2014, 6:19am

The main question for me is if the time shifting is okay now because this seems to be a very hard project. Fresco just talks so fast. :)

GermanLingTeam - YouTube

26 guests thanked already.

Language Coordinator

Monday, July 28th 2014, 7:46am

Oh, Ok. That's probably why Bruno did not move it to the next stage. Any time-shifters around who would like to review it?

@ossi11111 What do you think about the subtitles flow, when you watch the video as a viewer? Does the flow seem comfortable to you or does it bother you psychologically? For example, are there many sentences that the string duration is so long that you read the same string three or two times? Are there any sentences where the string duration is so small that you don't even get to read the string once? When the strings change, does it seem to you that there is enough time between them so that you feel the change (psychologically)? Are your strings long enough for some languages that may need more words to translate the same string?

I think these are the most basic things. If you need details, then yes you need a time-shifter.

CP

23 guests thanked already.
  • "ossi11111" is male

Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator
LTI Development Group

Monday, July 28th 2014, 10:07am

@Christos Pap.:
Nomada already told me this information and gave me specific input regarding this transcript. I changed it but there are still some problems. If you are interested you will find more on that if you read the former posts in this thread (page 1).

GermanLingTeam - YouTube

1 registered user and 25 guests thanked already.

brunodc

© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion