You are not logged in.

• "stevenpetrov" started this thread

Date of registration: Dec 1st 2011

Language Team: Bulgarian

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Translator

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 4:42pm

Hi everybody!

My name is Steven Petrov, I am 18 currently living in Dayton, Ohio, USA. I was born in Seattle, Washington but I grew up in Bulgaria and now I am student at the University of Dayton.I am young, ambitios and passionate for changing the world into a better place. I am really interested in supporting the Venus project in all the ways I can. For now I can help with the timestamp shifting if you need some help in this part of the linguistic work. I will wait for further information regarding the ways I can be helpful for the team. Thanks guys. I am looking forward to start helping.

1 registered user and 17 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

brunodc

• "brunodc" is male

Date of registration: May 31st 2011

Language Team: French

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 5:06pm

Hey Steven, welcome to the team! Here's a quick overview of our what we do in terms of video transcriptions :

A new video comes to our attention, we add it to dotSUB (tutorial here) which is the platform we use to transcribe and translate videos, and where we open them for everyone to work on. The steps go as follows:

- Transcription : the video is open for all to transcribe.

- Proofreading Round 1 : when the transcription is done, is goes through a first round of proofreading.

- Timeshifting : after a round of proofreading, we adjust the subtitles' timestamps so that they fit perfectly with the audio, so as to make them as readable and translatable as possible

After timeshifting, the video goes through 2 other rounds of proofreading : we call those steps "Proofreading Round 2" and "Final Review". The goal here is to get at least 3 people to check out the video, because some people might spot errors that other people might have overlooked.

The main place where to look for new projects to transcribe or proofread is the Working Locations page in the wiki.

We also strongly recommend that you give the Linguistic Team International Guidelines a serious look before taking on a project.

When someone feels like transcribing or proofreading a video, they post on the relevant forum thread to let everybody else know and avoid duplicate work.

While we proofread, we are taking some notes regarding some of the tougher spots where we had some difficulties, either because the speaker is barely audible, or if the sentence structure is weird, among other examples... You'll find that we have a notepad for every project.

This was a very quick summary of our activities (maybe too quick), so please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have regarding the process. :)

Again, welcome to the team, I hope you'll enjoy taking part in all the fun! ;)

1 registered user and 16 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada

• "lizardman" is male

Date of registration: Jun 3rd 2011

Language Team: Bulgarian

Focus Group: Translation Proofreader
LTI Administration Group

Saturday, December 3rd 2011, 3:55pm

Hey Steven, great to see you here! :)

20 guests thanked already.
  • "gentlejewel" is female

Date of registration: Sep 11th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader
Translator
Translation Proofreader

Saturday, December 3rd 2011, 7:48pm

Yes Steve! Nice! Welcome aboard! x
Signature from »gentlejewel« All for 1, and 1 for all...

15 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Monday, December 5th 2011, 1:07am

wow!! a timeshifter for the team!! youhuuuu!! :dance: Welcome Steven!!

Seems like Bruno gave you already some good info on how to start. Feel free to ask for more anytime :wave:

Maybe you can be helpful also in the Bulgarian translations team. if so, Lizardman is the right person to "show you the house" :thumbup:

Love to see you all here, fellas :love: hugs
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

20 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion