Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Team Assistant
Public Relations Group

Monday, August 3rd 2015, 8:54am

I'd like to help

Hello!

I am with the Romanian team and I am new. I've been waiting for someone from the Ro team to "pick up" on me :) but it didn't happen. How can I make myself useful until the Ro team includes me in a project? Can I skip the phase of waiting to be included and get involved in some other way?
Am I doing something wrong and they don't notice me?! I mean, I know 'my getting around on computer' skills are rather limited, but once I start doing things I'll get a better hang of how technology works to help us. It's rather embarrassing to keep writing messages asking to be involved.

I would like to thank for the two quick replies I have received from two kind English team members Ray & Mr. B(?). Their answers did help me clarify those questions and understand how to start getting around in this new environment.

Thank you, again.
Signature from »Annie Ann« Annie Ann

2 registered users and 42 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

zedom, Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Thursday, August 6th 2015, 9:28am

Hi Annie!
I'm unsure why Marcel ( @Bakty1975: ) has not yet responded, but it implies that perhaps he is not receiving forum notifications for some reason. Surrounding his name with @ and : triggers a function that will attempt to send him a different kind of notification that will, if he receives it, guide him directly to this post.

In the meantime, there are a number of projects already completed for Romanian, and perhaps one or more that have been started by someone, but I do not have a complete list to go by here. If you have a particular project in mind, let me know its title and I will look up its current 'state' for you. If it's in need of help, I'll guide you through setting yourself up in that project.

Surf through the Open for Translation section to see all of the projects that are available. There are subsections for both videos and text-based materials, but I can give you a very quick overview of the Romanian text projects with a single link, maybe saving you some surfing time (and as you can see there, a LOT of work has been done on those already). ;)

So, figure out where you'd like to start, and give me a yell back. We'll then clear any/all obstacles out of your way. :rose:
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

1 registered user and 42 guests thanked already.

Annie Ann

• "Annie Ann" is female
  • "Annie Ann" started this thread

Date of registration: Jul 30th 2015

Language Team: Romanian

Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader
Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Team Assistant
Public Relations Group

Thursday, August 6th 2015, 4:34pm

projects

Hi, Ray! Thank you very much for your offer to help me get around (which I am gladly grabbing). :)
I did follow your instructions and I've come up with 2 projects I was thinking to start with.
1. Text: 'TZM Defined. [...] train of thought'
2. Video: Jaques Fresco - Slovenia lecture - The Venus Project
If this video is not available, then please consider any of the ones available in the Open Projects.

I have subscribed on DotSub, and (I think;) on Pootle, too.

It would be great if I could fit into any of these.

Thank you.

Thanks for building this house and making it ours. I liked that. :) Strange feeling :alien:

1 registered user and 25 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Friday, August 7th 2015, 1:42am

Bună Annie!

Great! What usernames did you choose for dotSUB and Pootle?
It seems you've picked a couple of very large projects, where I would strongly recommend that you start with one or two that are much smaller in size to allow you to become better acclimated to the tools before diving into something 'big'.
If you have Skype, please add me (gmanzm), as it will allow me to show you around the place in 'real-time'. ;)

1 registered user and 20 guests thanked already.

Annie Ann

• "Annie Ann" is female
  • "Annie Ann" started this thread

Date of registration: Jul 30th 2015

Language Team: Romanian

Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader
Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Team Assistant
Public Relations Group

Friday, August 7th 2015, 8:47pm

Yeah. I thought about it, myself... But I've seen that other short videos were already translated; like 'What is the Venus Project'. I did not browse many videos, I had a hard time finding the translated ones, anyway. So... since I've recently watched that Slovenia lecture and I liked it... I am open for suggestions. If you know of a shorter video which is not translated, please do not hesitate to tell me and I will gladly accept it.
My DotSub username is Annie25 and on Pootle it must be Annie Ann. I am not sure whether I registered on Pootle, though, and I have no idea how to check this. I must have registered.
I will add you on Skype, thank you. I am Mike Dobrin Si Annie on Skype (my FB account). I'll probably be available on Sunday morning (my time), if that's not good for you, then on Monday afternoon (my time). Would my afternoon be your morning?!... We'll get hooked eventually. I kind of have a big week next week so I'll probably make more time starting with next Friday.

Thank you for your time.

Kind greetings,

Annie
P.S. I am impressed by your 'Buna'!!!

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Annie Ann" (Aug 7th 2015, 10:04pm)

2 registered users and 28 guests thanked already.

zedom, Ray

• "Ray" is male

Saturday, August 8th 2015, 5:47am

I do not see you anywhere among the Pootle members, so it looks like a registration has not been completed yet. You can use the link below to reach the reg page, but be sure to read the front page of Pootle to learn what else you need to do before you can start translating any projects there. ^^
http://pootle.linguisticteam.org/accounts/register/

I am in the process of a monster cleanup of 'all that is LTI', and my next focus will be on bringing the LTI Wiki Repository page fully up-to-date. This page attempts to keep track of all fully completed projects across all languages, so it makes it much easier to see what has or hasn't been completed yet for all LTI members, regardless of language focus.

In the meantime, I'll try to find you a short one to play with, so you can gain a much stronger sense of how we do what we do, but without the potential stress of facing a huge project. It may help to clarify that the "Open for Translations" section of the forum only tells you what has been completed by the English Dep't in prep for all language translations, but it has no way of showing you what the Romanian Team has started, or completed, so far. The ideal is for each team to create a single language-specific "Working Thread" within their language section of the forum, and then post all translation/proofreading updates &/or questions for their teammates to it in order to show you and other new or prospective members what has already been done, as well as the current stage of each started project, but not all projects end up handled so cleanly. :numb:

I accepted your connection in Skype, but I have no idea what time zone you are in, so I'm unable to respond to any questions about scheduling. The wonderful thing about the Skype is that it doesn't matter all that much, since I will receive messages from you no matter when they are sent. If I'm not online at the time (a rare occurrence), they will be there when I arrive. So, it should be quite easy for us to work out a time to play a bit. ;)

Hugs!

1 registered user and 27 guests thanked already.

Annie Ann

Social bookmarks

© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion