English Proofreader
Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Team Assistant
Public Relations Group

Wednesday, February 3rd 2016, 4:58pm

Subtitles*Annie*

I was wondering whether some changes might be made with respect to subtitles on DotSub. They should not be on 3 rows, but on 2. The same no. of characters may be kept but make it spread wider on the screen instead.
There is also another thing about the synchronicity. The timing is too short on some subtitles. Can they be delayed. Or maybe to just cut some of the subtitles, so that they even on two rows instead of 1, and these 2 may stay longer on the screen. In case the translator can do this, because he/she has a better control of the translations, it would be great.

Thanks

Annie

PS. Today I've noticed it makes as many rows as the whole screen can take! Ha! Well, in case nothing can be done about the rows, and limit them on only 2, I should start counting the characters and limit myself to the maximum for 2 rows even if the translation would take more adjusting than usual.
The question of the two rows still remains. I can't possibly ocuppy my brains with counting every single subtitle on the screen! A blockage at the max no of characters should exist. I've got a headache!
:)
Annie
Signature from »Annie Ann« Annie Ann

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Annie Ann" (Feb 5th 2016, 5:49pm)

24 guests thanked already.
  • "Mr_Z" is male

Date of registration: Dec 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Sunday, February 19th 2017, 2:26pm

Annie - My sincere apologies for my tardy reply.

The new standard is to split longer captions into two lines, just as you suggested. This has been in place for about 6 months now.

Sincerely

David aka Mr_Z
Signature from »Mr_Z« Mr_Z (the miscreant formerly known as Mr_B)
English Dept coord

6 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion