You are not logged in.

• "Sara Hl" started this thread

Date of registration: Feb 20th 2016

Language Team: Arabic

Focus Group: Translator

Saturday, February 20th 2016, 10:53pm

introducing myself

Hi there! I'm new here and still figuring out how it works. My mother tongue is Arabic. I studied English Literature and have been teaching English for eight years. I'm crazy about this project and would love to help any possible way!

2 registered users and 40 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray, Annie Ann

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Sunday, February 21st 2016, 5:48pm

Welcome, Sara!
It's wonderful to have you here.

Are you wanting to help with English transcription/proofreading, Arabic translation/proofreading, or a bit of both?
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

1 registered user and 36 guests thanked already.

Sara Hl

• "Sara Hl" started this thread

Date of registration: Feb 20th 2016

Language Team: Arabic

Focus Group: Translator

Tuesday, February 23rd 2016, 3:07pm

Hey Ray, I can help with both. But I'm still trying to understand how to get involved. Any advice you can offer?!

2 registered users and 24 guests thanked already.

zedom, Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Saturday, March 26th 2016, 6:59pm

Sorry for my very late reply, Sara. We had a death in the family and I lost sight of this.

To get involved with Arabic projects, simply introduce yourself in the Arabic Team section of the forum, so Haytham (our Arabic Team coordinator) can help you get acclimated there.

Working with more than one language is not as easy as it might sound, but if you want to help with English Dep't transcription tasks, I'll call @Mr_B: (our English Dep't coordinator) to this thread to guide you into any of the projects that you wish to play with.

It will help you to understand that everything first moves carefully through the English Dep't before they are opened up to the Translation Teams. This allows us to ensure that the English transcript is as 'high-quality' as we can make it, before any translations are made from them. Here is the current collection of projects within the English Dept's hands, while each language team should be managing their own "progress reports" to keep track of the work they are doing, and have already completed. So here is the master list of projects that are "Open for Translation". Overall, there are a LOT of official projects here, but please don't let that scare you. We always aim for accuracy over speed. ;)

If you have any questions at all, please never hesitate to ask.

Hugs,
Ray
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

15 guests thanked already.

Social bookmarks

© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion