• "MarcusofSydney" started this thread

Date of registration: Oct 23rd 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader

Sunday, October 23rd 2011, 5:03pm

Marcus from Sydney here

Hello all....
Just making everyone aware of my presence....
Would like to start some english proof reading etc ASAP...
Marcus- Regional TVP Co Ordinator for Sydney, Australia

38 guests thanked already.
  • "brunodc" is male

Date of registration: May 31st 2011

Language Team: French

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Sunday, October 23rd 2011, 5:23pm

Hi Marcus, welcome to the English Department!

The best way to start is to familiarize yourself with our process by checking out our transcription/proofreading guidelines.

As you might know, the English Department spends most of its time handling video media, and we use dotSUB as the collaborative platform to carry out this effort. You'll find a tutorial for dotSUB here.

The list of projects we're working on at the moment is available in our working locations wiki page, where you can browse the different tabs which allow us to distinguish the different phases of the process.

I'm sure you are going to have some questions while reading those materials, please make them known to us so that we can get to know you better and shed some light on the obscure points for you.

hugs

38 guests thanked already.
  • "Di Anna" is female

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2011

Language Team: ENGLISH

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Wednesday, October 26th 2011, 2:18am

Welcome to the team, Marcus! :wave:

How happy I am to see you here and wanting to join the best Z-team on the block! :)
I know how it feels to want to jump in and do-do-do! 'Cause I did-did-did the very same thing. But give yourself some time to read the LT Guidelines as Lord Bru suggested, get familiar with the tools, and ask lots of questions, as you go.

We're all one team here and spreading our message to the world is what it's all about--one word at a time (not to mention one cookie at a time).
(hugs) from me
Di :bighug:
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

28 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion