• "KimYda" is male
  • "KimYda" started this thread

Date of registration: Feb 23rd 2014

Language Team: Dutch

Focus Group: Translator

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 10:40am

Ook even voorstellen

Hallo iedereen,

Ook ik wil me hier even voorstellen. Mijn naam is Kim, ik ben een man (!), en ik ben sinds kort geinteresseerd in The Venus Project. Via de informatie bij de film 'Paradise or Oblivion' heb ik mij aangemeld om mee te helpen met Nederlandse vertalingen. Nederlands is mijn moedertaal, en ik beheers Engels op C2 niveau, dus ik hoop een bijdrage te kunnen leveren! Ik heb inmiddels mijn account op Pootle aangemaakt. Voor mij geldt wat ik ook bij anderen heb gelezen, ik probeer mij nog wegwijs te maken in de structuur van de projecten en de organisatie, ik hoop dat ik daar snel wat meer in thuis zal zijn.

Groeten,

Kim

1 registered user and 46 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 12:02pm

Hi Kim!! Glad to see you here! :)
If you need any help, just ask. There are plenty folks around in this forum to give a hand and show you how to get started. If you just keep posting your intentions, needs, dificulties, doubts, suggestions, etc, in this forum, the comunication flow will make the collaboration happen and the projects flow. I'll help Dutch volunteer to reach this section whenever I see them around ; )

This Pootle tutorial might be handy: Help:Pootle - Linguistic Team International Wiki

You can also create threads for projects you get started with, translations or proofreading, in this Dutch forum section. The info on the projects can be found in the 'Open for Traslations' (one thread per project, in the different categories of Subtitles/dotsub, Pootle/text or Images.

have fun ; )
hugs
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

2 registered users and 49 guests thanked already.

KimYda, Ray

• "KimYda" is male
  • "KimYda" started this thread

Date of registration: Feb 23rd 2014

Language Team: Dutch

Focus Group: Translator

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 1:43pm

Thank you, I've taken a look at Pootle, but right now, it seems that all projects are read-only for me. Also, the translation related threads in the Dutch section seem quite old. I'm looking forward to creating new threads once I get started on any of the projects, but I'm unsure how to proceed. Do I need to be assigned to projects manually on Pootle by someone, or should that happen 'automagically'? Right now, I can't do anything but wait... (by now you might have noticed that I'm the kind of person who likes a flying start once I decide to get involved in something new, so please forgive me for my annoying enthousiasm ;))

2 registered users and 41 guests thanked already.

nomada, Ray

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 2:55pm

:D You are kidding me!! I love that enthusiasm!! Rock my boat, please!!! :party:

Yes, when you choose a language AND PROJECTS in Pootle, a Pootle admin (if a Dutch volunteer who offered to do that is not around, it falls on the main Pootle admins, @lizardman: and @Ray: ) will give you access to it. Than you are rolling :kewl:

About the forum functioning, just keep on rocking and making noise. More people will show up to help. There must be some Dutch volunteers around, but when communications were done mostly in private chats and emails, the connection with those volunteers gets lost if the Dutch volunteer who were guiding them is away for some reason in his offline life. Usng the forum is one of the most important aspects of all this. :seymour:

Just ask if you need anything.

Wat project are you looking for? Wanna get acquainted on how to translate a video subtitle in dotsub, to fill in the boring waiting moments like this?
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 41 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 10:49pm

Hi Folks and Welcome Kim,
I can see that you've already registered and selected your language & projects, so you are now just waiting for Pootle to alert Wigger, the Dutch coordinator, so he can Welcome you into the Dutch Team and set up your access to those projects.

I can also verify that there are a couple of newer Dutch members who are not posting in the forum, most likely because they are currently focusing on the translation of Jacque Fresco's book, The Best That Money Can't Buy, which is being handled separately from our 'usual' projects. If I'm not mistaken, I believe you also joined that effort and I shared a page of that project with you earlier today. ^^

I'm really glad you're here, Kim! Make yourself at home and let us know if there's anything that you need. We're all here in support of each other, my friend.
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

1 registered user and 39 guests thanked already.

nomada

© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion