You are not logged in.

[ Adjusted Since Initial Release ] [PRIORITY] Future by Design (2006)

• "nomada" started this thread

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Saturday, July 2nd 2011, 9:11am

[PRIORITY] Future by Design (2006)

According to many, this documentary from William Gazecki was their first exposure with the Venus Project and the idea of a RBE, as it dates back to 2006. :thumbup: ( 1:29:22 )

Note from Ray: William Gazecki has graciously passed the full ownership for "Future by Design" to TVP. A previously-existing copyright claim by SME had the video blocked in 21 countries, but that claim has now been removed!
Roxanne has requested that we link all LTI uploads of this core documentary back to the TVP store, so that TVP/RBE supporters will have the opportunity to get the full set with lots of extra content added (including the full Larry King interview), if desired.

Note #2: TVP has since uploaded a better quality version with slightly longer length, causing our subs to be out of sync. The new version contains some footage that was not present in our original video, so I had no choice but to remove all subs from the official upload in YouTube until the re-working is completed.

All necessary adjustments have now been completed within the English subs, and each of the existing 30 languages has been migrated within separate Google Sheets to be as close as I can get them to the new transcript. The result is that 15 of the existing languages lined up well enough for me to rebuild them as SRTs and add them to the updated working location below, while the other 15 languages could not be matched up well enough for that. The list of impossible languages is below and it would be preferable that each team send me just one veteran member (or coordinator) to help complete the matching so I can get those translations back into the working location, too.

So, consider this as the call for all teams that have it completed to go back into the working location and translate the additional content,
and for those below which did not have it completed to connect with me to finish the migration and perhaps get it completed, too.
Once completed and a ToDo is created, we will finally be able to get these subs back into YouTube and out to the world.[/b] Also, each Language Team that added the old version to their own YT channels should replace their copy of the old video with this longer hi-res one. :nuts: :loveya:

The following teams need to connect with me to complete the migration:
Albanian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Spanish LA,
Arabic, Brazilian, Finnish, Greek, Hungarian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovenian, Swedish, Turkish, and Vietnamese

(now obsolete)There is a spreadsheet to organize the English proofreading and timestamp shifting team works, where anyone can join to help (now obsolete):
Click HERE
:rolleyes:
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

This post has been edited 17 times, last edit by "Ray" (Jul 4th 2017, 4:01am) with the following reason: Added important copyright info

1 registered user and 64 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray

• "brunodc" is male

Date of registration: May 31st 2011

Language Team: French

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Saturday, July 2nd 2011, 2:51pm

Guess who timeshifted one hour of it, already ? This guy ! :thumbsup:

3 registered users and 63 guests thanked already.

Ray, rock3r, Rafa Peris

Public Relations Group

Wednesday, August 3rd 2011, 3:08pm

I am almost done with timeshifting "Future by Design". The english proofreading can start whenever you wish, since the changes you apply in the transcription text will need another timestamp revision on top of it ; )

To all that are not aware, Future by Design is a great documentary which has already been translated to several languages, but from an English transcription that was in very bad conditions. So please stay tuned so that when we finish to proofread the english and the timmings, all you can proofread you translations accordingly : ) It becomes real sweet to watch a well proofread and timeshifted video!!
hugs,

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsh…lDw&pli=1#gid=0
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

2 registered users and 59 guests thanked already.

Ray, Rafa Peris

• "Di Anna" is female

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2011

Language Team: ENGLISH

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Wednesday, August 3rd 2011, 7:03pm

Hey, Nomada!
Jack and I will start the 1st round of proofing on this. Problem??? I can't type in the google spreadsheet to post our names. Do I have the rights? May we? We're ready to GO!
((hugs)) and :love:
from Di
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

2 registered users and 46 guests thanked already.

Ray, Rafa Peris

• "brunodc" is male

Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Wednesday, August 3rd 2011, 9:08pm

Heyyy, I added both you and Jack to the list of people who can edit this spreadsheet :)

1 registered user and 43 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Di Anna" is female

Final Reviewer

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 1:53am

Hubby Jack is working on it now and has posted his status on the spreadsheet.

I am taking off to faraway places on the Final Proofing List from Bru-Bru.

Can you tell me where I post my status on the Wiki for this project? Also, where will I put any notes for the translators.

Hm...so far Hubby & I have both completed about 5 mintues on our respective assignments. We are finding fragments and run-on sentences which can be easily fixed with punctuation. I noticed that in the PJ Interview on RT on the Monetary System that I am doing, hyphens to indicate change of speaker have not been used. I am making notes on the spreadsheet which is shared with you and Nomada and Ray. Maybe this will help in future discussions.

Love to all,
Di (and Hubby Jack) :love:
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

1 registered user and 56 guests thanked already.

Ray

Public Relations Group

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 2:47am

Hi! You 2 are awsome!! Di and Jack on the front line again! :D

Here is the link to the proofing notes. It is on the spread-sheet on cell H9

http://sync.in/FutureByDesign-ProofingNotes

We have never added the old projects that are in final proofreading to the Wiki. Maybe because they are splitt in 5 min segments and so everyone can join at the same time and it gets registered in the spreadsheet. Do you think it is better to add it to the wiki even so? Let me know, I can do it.

huge hugs, stor kramar y abrazos enormes :love:

1 registered user and 52 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Di Anna" is female

Final Reviewer

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 6:33pm

Oh, I get it! It's just the OLD projects that are not on the Wiki. Uh-huh! :whistling:

Me Lord Bru directed me to the Wiki spot for Moving Beyond Money, which is my final proofing project at the moment. This is the first time we have done final proofings, so I wasn't clear on where they were etc.

Hubby and I are finding most errors in sentence structure which are easily corrected with punctuation and shouldn't effect the timestamping. Hm...I said that like I REALLY knew what I was talking about, huh? :wacko:

Working as a Z-couple is good. We can bounce the issues that we question off of each other and perhaps get a cleaner product (?). A suggestion for improving our numbers and our product might be a buddy-system. If we pair up an older member with a new member as a buddy or mentor, it may help in more than one way! :thumbup:

Thank you for the kind words of enthusiasm! We are AWESOME 'cause we have an AWESOME team!
Love you guys!
:love:
Di

1 registered user and 50 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "brunodc" is male

Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 6:43pm

yeaaah, I like the sound of that!

One distinction to make, though, in our terminology:
  • Final proofreading projects are videos that were processed a while back when the team was in its infancy and didn't have this nice set of guidelines to follow. In the light of projects that we complete now, those transcriptions really pale in comparison. The problem is that they've already been translated, which is why we separate them from the items in translation until we complete the final proofreading process.
  • The final review stage of a project is simply the last step in the English Team's process before we make those videos available for translation. This final step concludes every single project we do from now on, since we have a fine working machinery going :)

I hope that makes sense... Maybe we need to rename "final proofreading" into something else...

big kisses to all of you :thumbsup:

1 registered user and 47 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Di Anna" is female

Final Reviewer

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 7:02pm

Okee-dokee! I've GOT it! I have never really understood what the whole story was with this. I've just heard bits of conversations listening in the meetings and messages, but you have explained it VERY well. And I think I see the light! 8o

Sooo...technically, the FINAL PROOFREADING PROJECTS should eventually disappear, right? And as we MOVE FORWARD (clever title, huh?), we should end up with only FINAL REVIEWS and no FINAL PROOFREADING'S. Do I have that straight?

1 registered user and 50 guests thanked already.

Ray

© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion