You are not logged in.

[ Adjusted Since Initial Release ] [PRIORITY] Future by Design (2006)

• "ossi11111" is male

Date of registration: Nov 27th 2013

Language Team: German

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator
LTI Development Group

Sunday, January 19th 2014, 8:46pm

@Christos Pap.:
The idea is, that everybody does it for himself/herself completely, because that way we can find a common sense on how the transcript should be changed.
I really appreciate your work.
Signature from »ossi11111« Willst du beim Übersetzen mithelfen?
E-Mail an: GermanLingTeam@gmail.com

Bisher veröffentlichte Videos mit deutschen Untertiteln:
GermanLingTeam - YouTube

2 registered users and 55 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Di Anna, Ray

• "lizardman" is male

Date of registration: Jun 3rd 2011

Language Team: Bulgarian

Focus Group: Translation Proofreader
LTI Administration Group

Sunday, January 19th 2014, 9:17pm

Great stuff, guys. Love the input and the approach. Unfortunately, I am not able to devote time to this currently. That was my point. If there wasn't help on your part, this would have been just sitting there. So, in this case, the people participating in this thread made the difference. :)

2 registered users and 54 guests thanked already.

Di Anna, Ray

• "Christos Pap." is male

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Sunday, January 19th 2014, 9:36pm

Done! The changes are ready to be assessed and implemented accordingly so that this very important info can be as "correct" as possible when translated by other languages and shared with the world!
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

4 registered users and 41 guests thanked already.

Di Anna, FrankySnatra, ossi11111, Ray

• "Di Anna" is female

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2011

Language Team: ENGLISH

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Sunday, January 19th 2014, 9:52pm

There's nothing quite so wonderful as feeling like a Team!
((hugs)) :bighug:
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

3 registered users and 44 guests thanked already.

FrankySnatra, ossi11111, Ray

• "Christos Pap." is male

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Sunday, January 19th 2014, 11:59pm

Now that it's done, I wanted to make some points about what Franky said. (Nice nickname by the way. What a voice this man had!)

First of all, I think that the problems you are referring to is the reason the Portal is being prepared. That's why I didn't suggest changes in the forum. They would be meaningless in the wake of the new portal. Moreover, I cannot judge the tools of the team, since I was not here from the start, and I have no idea about the variables which lead to their creation. About the forum's complexity, yes I've said it sometimes as a feedback, but I do not know how to fix it, so I do not think there is a point in mentioning it too much, because it does not evolve towards solutions. When someone said to Jacque "There's so much noise in this city", he said "True. Are you working on it?" TZM's Chapter's Guide mentions a very interesting concept on that matter: the concept of "Your idea, your project."

About bringing in people with the required skills, do you have any ideas on how to do that? It would be great if the new-comers had skills relevant to the team's needs, but this is not always possible. For example in the Greek team no-one likes proofreading. This needs a lot patience because you cannot predict what the skills of each new-comer are, and you need many many active people in order to find the ones with the skills needed, since these skills are not very common. Just remember that we are trying to raise awareness here, which means that we want to attract as many people as possible. I don't know if there is any way to discern the people with the skills needed. It does not depend entirely on us when these people are going to show up, so don't worry, mate. This is probably is the biggest step yet for this group and TZM and TVP, so just relax because it's probably not going to happen very soon. It's like these big projects in which progress happens really slow at first (for example 1% every year) and after 10 years, something happens and progress is made exponentially (for example 15% every year). Was it this happening that lead to this exponential progress or was it perhaps the 10 years before?

About the facebook group, it is just a facebook group. People who are in the group are not necessarily active members, and I do not think we should expect them to be. It happens with every group, movement etc. "Member" does not mean active. This does not mean they are "better" or "worse" than us. Everybody is doing the best they can using the tools they have. Not everybody is going to do what we do. This is why there are co-ordinators. It's our responsibility to know everything that is happening in the team and in the forum so that when needed, we can let others know (in a simpler way) or use it to help our teams. Not everyone is going to read/search/ask/talk about everything. It is our responsibility to turn the "heavy" stuff (eg. the long discussions in the forum) and make it "lighter" (simpler that is) for all the other members.
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

4 registered users and 37 guests thanked already.

FrankySnatra, Di Anna, Ray, rock3r

• "ossi11111" is male

Date of registration: Nov 27th 2013

Language Team: German

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator
LTI Development Group

Monday, January 20th 2014, 11:20am

For your information: I talked to Franky and we think, that we want to wait some reasonable time, until a native speaker shows up to look over it, too. And we don't want to change the version available in DotSub before Franky talked at least to Ray. So don't wonder, if nothing happens in this case for some time. ;)

Nevertheless, a big thanks for your suggestions and good work so far. For example I learned something by your correction about speaker indication that I did not know before.
Signature from »ossi11111« Willst du beim Übersetzen mithelfen?
E-Mail an: GermanLingTeam@gmail.com

Bisher veröffentlichte Videos mit deutschen Untertiteln:
GermanLingTeam - YouTube

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ossi11111" (Jan 20th 2014, 4:26pm)

2 registered users and 48 guests thanked already.

Di Anna, Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Monday, June 1st 2015, 1:06am

For all teams that have this project fully completed and archived in the Repository Location, please check the first post to learn the details of a new development for this important documentary. I've also included some advice there for improving your own YouTube channel's hosting of the documentary.

If any coordinators have any questions about it, please toss them my way in Skype. :kiss:
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

1 registered user and 38 guests thanked already.

Aldi96

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Saturday, August 8th 2015, 5:23am

After William Gazecki transferred full ownership of the film to TVP, TVP upload a more complete version than the one that we have been working on for years. As a direct result, I am now re-working the English transcript and time-stamps to account for the differences. Those differences are not very numerous, but they are very important to our continuity with the new official release.

Unless I can work out an automated way to mirror the adjustments in each of the language subs (it's not as straightforward as it might sound), I may have no choice but to create a new Working Location, and ask all teams that have the project at least partially done to rebuild it in the new working location. The bulk of that work would be simply Pasting in from the old working location, but I'm trying to avoid that scenario.

If anyone has ideas to help automate the work of mirroring the new timings across all languages, please connect with me as soon as possible. ;)
On a side note, if any experienced programmers want to help code a more long-term 'server-side' tool for this kind of situation, please hit me up as well.
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

2 registered users and 37 guests thanked already.

zedom, ThorHusby

© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion