You are not logged in.

• "Ray" is male
  • "Ray" started this thread

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Saturday, June 10th 2017, 12:38pm

Peter Joseph on the David Pakman Show: New Human Rights Movement

Peter Joseph, activist and founder of the Zeitgeist movement, joins David to discuss his book "The New Human Rights Movement" ( 24 31)
Get the book: http://www.thenewhumanrightsmovement.com

Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mr_Z" (Jul 6th 2017, 1:46pm)

1 registered user and 8 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Gary Kent

Date of registration: Feb 7th 2013

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Other - Not Listed Above

Wednesday, June 14th 2017, 8:45pm

Transcription

Hi everyone,
I have been registered on the LTI forum for some time past but have recently been inspired to contribute for the first time to the transcription for this great PJ interview. I am entirely a novice to all this, so I hope not to screw things up too badly. I am already about two thirds of the way through the transcription. Ray just responded to an email I sent, so I will try to contact Dave and let him know that I am working on this.

1 registered user and 15 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Mr_Z" is male

Date of registration: Dec 24th 2011

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Thursday, June 15th 2017, 1:05pm

Welcome aboard Gary! Glad to have your assistance on this project.

By all means continue to finish your transcription, then I will review.

David aka Mr_Z
Signature from »Mr_Z« Mr_Z (the miscreant formerly known as Mr_B)
English Dept coord

1 registered user and 6 guests thanked already.

Ray

Friday, June 23rd 2017, 1:30am

Peter Joseph on the David Pakman Show: New Human Rights Movement

Ok, this took me a bit longer than I had hoped, but I have closed the transcription. I actually made somewhere between three and six passes over the text, frame presentation and timing and think that everything is an reasonably good shape, pending review from someone with much more experience than me :) Sorry it took longer than expected, but as I know you are all aware, life happens. I need to move on to another project for a while, but I really enjoyed doing this transcription and have learned a lot about the careful attention that goes into the process of making this easy of access for others. Please give me feedback on how I have done so perhaps when another opportunity arises, I can do a little better. I learned a great deal about how to use Dotsub more effectively from my first pass to my last, but I am certain there is still much more for me to learn, including greater patience ;) Wonderful interview for PJ. In my opinion, one of his best. Very lucid, thouightful questions elicited more precisely insightful comments than usual. I hope others enjoy it as much as I have. Peace!

1 registered user and 14 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Mr_Z" is male

Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Friday, June 23rd 2017, 12:23pm

Thx Gary. Looking it over the transcription and sub placement looks very good; this will make my final review much easier.

For future reference, do not mark the captions as complete after this task. The vid is marked complete (and thus opened for translation) only after final review, and by the final reviewer.
English Dept coord

1 registered user and 7 guests thanked already.

Ray

Friday, June 23rd 2017, 11:18pm

Sorry! My misunderstanding. :(

Sorry, my misunderstanding. I hope this has not caused any unnecessary problems? While I was working on the transcription over the last week, on several occasions I received a message saying that someone else was also working on the transcription at the same time. I thought someone might be messing with the transcriptions, perhaps trolling. Just being paranoid perhaps, but I thought that marking the first transcription process complete would prevent possible problems. I hope you can still make any adjustments you need to make in preparation for translations? I will know better next time and just notify you when I feel I have done my best. Are these videos always available for public viewing and transcription editing? Are there often conflicts with others simultaneously transcribing? Sorry for being such a newb :(

2 registered users and 6 guests thanked already.

Mr_Z, Ray

• "Mr_Z" is male

Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Saturday, June 24th 2017, 12:20am

Don't fret, no problem at all to open it back up. And yes, since you flagged on this thread you "owned" the transcribe piece it's odd that anyone else should go in and disturb it.
English Dept coord

1 registered user and 14 guests thanked already.

Ray

Saturday, June 24th 2017, 4:40pm

Don't know

I don't know for certain that anyone was "disturbing" the transcription. I just know that several times when I went to save a line I was working on, I received a warning that someone else was also actively transcribing and did I want to continue anyway or update the page or something of that nature. It made me a little wary is all. I never noticed any significant tampering among all my own oversights and errors on later passes. Anyway, glad I didn't make it necessary to start over entirely. Thanks for letting me help at least a little. I really enjoyed doing this piece. :)

1 registered user and 13 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Mr_Z" is male

Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Saturday, June 24th 2017, 6:15pm

OK I've completed what is almost Final Review which is called PR2, for Proof Reading 2nd round. I have re-locked the captions as they are now close to done, and I invite you Gary (or anyone else) to watch the vid again and review the subs for complete accuracy in English, before I set them Open for Translation.
English Dept coord

1 registered user and 8 guests thanked already.

Ray

Monday, June 26th 2017, 7:45pm

I have watched from the beginning again, focused on the transcription and it looks pretty good from my inexperienced perspective, but it would probably be best to get a fresh set of eyes look it over. I sometimes miss the stupidest things from being too close.

2 registered users and 6 guests thanked already.

zedom, Ray

© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion