You are not logged in.

Date of registration: Nov 24th 2011

Language Team: German

Focus Group: Translator

Thursday, December 5th 2013, 8:25pm

Ouw Shit!
Him, who he has got eyes (in a complex forum-structure) to see could be wiser ;)

guess, now I have to explain a new friend in the LinguisticTeam Germany that he wasted his time to create the trancript for this video
Jacque Fresco-Depression, Self Identification-Sept 5, 2011 (2/2) which is the same video as the one here worked on, where is: "You do not have permission to transcribe this video."

I just recognized the double-upload and different title. It's hard to motivate people spending time and effort and something like this happens. Blaming is not a concept and I have no other solution right now, but shutting down public access for one of these videos and learn out of this case to in general be/get more efficient with our LTI-resources.

May I ask: what is the current state of affair of this video here, JPH?

This case is a sign that we should help and communicate more with each other ;)

2 registered users and 43 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nomada, Ray

• "ossi11111" is male

Date of registration: Nov 27th 2013

Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator
LTI Development Group

Friday, December 6th 2013, 9:36am

Important information, before you go on proofreading!

You do not need to explain it to me, I already read it. :)

Let me propose the following: If you are not too far with proofreading, just use my English transcript and proofread that. The advantage there is, that I also have already done a German .srt-file with the same time codes. So if you find out, that the time codes of my English transcript are okay, we could then upload the German subtitles directly. This way we minimize the work done twice. (If we need to use yours, we have to do the German time code to text relation all over again.)

You'll find my English transcript as an attachment to this post. I used shorter text portions, because the German language is about 1/3 longer than the English. So if you use several lines in English, there could be a problem in some languages, because the audience might not see the picture anymore. ;) I watched the video with your subtitles and besides the already stated, there is no major difference at all.

So, if you accept my idea, beware the following:
If you like to change some time codes, make sure it is necessary, because we need to change them in the German .srt-file manually. So please write down, which time codes you changed and how you did change them.
Although I worked very carefully, the English transcript wasn't done by a native speaker. So look especially for spelling mistakes which could be caused by switching back and forth between American and British spelling. Do also look for punctuation, because it was done somehow random. :D

First we need to know, whether you accept the time codes, so that we can upload the German .srt-file as soon as possible. It would be great, if you concentrate on the time codes first and then tell us, which ones we need to change. After that you might look for the spelling and so on.

Thank you, we appreciate your work and hope we can find a solution where everyone is at least a little bit satisfied. :)

p.s.: At least the word "I" is always written with a big letter in my English transcript. (I'm referencing to number 36 beginning at 00:03:18.092 to give an example, sorry ... my strange humor) ;)

p.p.s.: I deeply hope, you just fell asleep after "Thursday, August 15th 2013", so that there was no more man power wasted. ;)
ossi11111 has attached the following file:
Signature from »ossi11111« Willst du beim Übersetzen mithelfen?
E-Mail an: GermanLingTeam@gmail.com

Bisher veröffentlichte Videos mit deutschen Untertiteln:
GermanLingTeam - YouTube

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ossi11111" (Dec 6th 2013, 12:08pm)

4 registered users and 41 guests thanked already.

FrankySnatra, nomada, Borislav/lizardman, Ray

• "nomada" started this thread

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Friday, December 6th 2013, 3:26pm

ahaha! that was a funny reply, Tim :ahaha:
Great that you noticed that Franky ^^ so I guess JPH might reply something. He started the huge task of doing the 1st proofreading (P1) in all the videos/audios from JF that, because they are many and the volunteers are very few, were put in this "On Hold" section of the forum. But then he was busy with new studies and I have no idea if he is around. @JPH: ?

The English team has a long experience of transcriptions that are corrected multiple times already after they started being translated. The translators themselves, a few of them, publish the error reports: http://forum.linguisticteam.org/board217…rror-reporting/ But people with good RBE and English knowledge to weigh on the supposed errors are also scarce. But this point was about something else; to tell you that these errors/typos very often change the meaning completely or give origin to different meanings translated in different languages. So, that is why there are Transcription, P1, Timeshifting, P2 and Final Review as stages before a project is open for translation. The good news is that about 3 or 4 of the English proofreaders that are around or show up once in a while, have skills in proofreading offline using VisualSubSync or Aegisub, etc. This way they can correct the timmings as they proofread, or do it all while they transcribe. This English skills with timestamp shifting skills applied from the start (transcription stage), could make these 5 stages of a project in the English team to be reduced to 3, for example. As long as the transcribers and proofreaders are really good and do it for the quality and not for the rush, which still happens with many volunteers that arrive to help (they take time to realize that the need for quality is more important than the need for doing it fast and in quantity) I think we can have both and will have both soon, with this new upgrade of the English proofreaders.) If you guys know people who have very good english and would like to do transcriptions offline, with that care for the timmings to fit all languages, shout out loud. We can connect a great team and increase the flow of projects open for translation, which, when well promoted in major FB pages and websites, can easily bring new translators to the fun : )

There are lots of projects to timeshift and I am one of the few volunteers who timeshift. if no English proofer who knows and likes timeshifting takes some of those projects, I don't see me or anyone timeshifting them soon. I am looking for a new place to sleep day by day until I start working and find a place. Hard to tell when I'll be stable and online as before. I was on it but then something unexpected happened. But I might work this out in a week or so. I have too. Winter is here :tongue:

Glad to see you guys weighing on these questions. That is a good start to solve them : )
hugs
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 43 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "JPH" is male

Date of registration: Jul 20th 2012

Language Team: English

Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader
Public Relations Group

Friday, December 6th 2013, 9:12pm

yea I am here, my last exam is on the 12th and then I have a month off, then I can dedicate some time to this again, sorry for confusion/inconvenience :)

4 registered users and 41 guests thanked already.

nomada, ossi11111, FrankySnatra, Ray

• "ossi11111" is male

Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator
LTI Development Group

Saturday, December 7th 2013, 11:11am

So you can probably tell us in the middle of December, whether the time codes I used are okay and if we can use my proposed approach. Great news.
Good luck for your exam.

GermanLingTeam - YouTube

1 registered user and 41 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "brunodc" is male

Date of registration: May 31st 2011

Language Team: French

Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Monday, December 9th 2013, 6:05pm

Franky reported that this video had a duplicate which I removed, and here's the transcription I found at that location. It's different from the version we have on this working location and I frankly don't remember where we got it from, but here it is, for safekeeping
brunodc has attached the following file:

2 registered users and 37 guests thanked already.

FrankySnatra, Ray

• "lizardman" is male

Date of registration: Jun 3rd 2011

Language Team: Bulgarian

Focus Group: Translation Proofreader
LTI Administration Group

Monday, December 9th 2013, 9:36pm

It seems that you are in a bit of a rush to get the German subtitles online. If that is the case, there is always the possibility of uploading them on youtube.

An important point to note is that translation teams usually work on videos that have gone through full English proofreading. That way the subtitles are fully ready and everyone can translate them. You can get the list of videos open for translation here: http://wiki.linguisticteam.org/w/Linguis…a_Center/Videos

2 registered users and 38 guests thanked already.

FrankySnatra, Ray

• "ossi11111" is male

Translation Proofreader
Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator
LTI Development Group

Tuesday, December 10th 2013, 9:10am

@brunodc I already wrote, where we got it from. Just read the earlier posts. That .srt-file is the same I posted before. I don't want to go into detail again, because it's all written there. Also it would have been amazing, if you first compared the two transcriptions before deleting one. (At least you saved it, but so did I before.) To state it clearly: You deleted the English transcript franky and I worked on overcarefully and which is necessary to use the German translation, which is already completely done on its basis.

@lizardman If there was the possibility of uploading the subtitles directly to YouTube they would be there already. I talked to franky about this before. I do not have any permission and do not know anyone who can upload it for me or would do it.
I'm in a rush, because I worked intensively on a daily basis on several subtitles over the past weeks and there is still no effect. I cannot see any subtitle I did on YouTube. No matter, if I did the final proofreading, the translation or anything else. I understand that there has to be a process to ensure the quality of the transcriptions and translations, but if you would stop giving me the same general information over and over again (which I understood two weeks ago) and start looking at the concrete facts, you might see, that with some minor changes necessary the English transcript I did is far better than the one that was here before. I'm referencing again to my earlier posting in this thread.

It sounds a bit harsh now, but it needs to be stated clearly. For your information: Currently the German translation team consists of franky and me.

Before you started posting in this thread it was all clear what to do between franky, JPH and me. And I hope it still is.

GermanLingTeam - YouTube

1 registered user and 41 guests thanked already.

Ray

Date of registration: Nov 24th 2011

Tuesday, December 10th 2013, 10:22am

@brunodc: Thanks for clearing this up.

@lizardman: I totally agree, it's necessary that we keep the established processes up while staying flexible with the management of all changes that might occur. So in this case when there was a german translation manually before the englisch transcription was done.

@ossi11111: Your position is understandable. Now, the files are saved, my suggestion is the following: on one hand we now can follow the official processes that goes with completing this clip: http://dotsub.com/view/35070a10-0947-4587-9d71-2e629068e307 and on the other hand no work is done for nothing here, so I can offer that for this clip we use your german translation and the english subs for our german LinguisticTeam-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GermanLingTeam and communicate the translation that has gone through the official processes to the official channels (in this case TVP's channel http://www.youtube.com/user/thevenusprojectmedia aswell as http://www.youtube.com/user/LinguisticTeamIntl

But, to speak quiet frankly, this transcript isn't completed yet http://dotsub.com/view/35070a10-0947-4587-9d71-2e629068e307, so we can also comminicate all differences you found in the other video to the proofreaders of this clip and (if they make sense) they get not rejected anymway. I have no problem with later using your existing german translation which I will copy and paste line by line here in, when this transcript is finalized and ready for translations.

If that solution works for you to upload your existing translation in our official channel here http://www.youtube.com/user/GermanLingTeam, let me know. This could work as a diplomatic solution in this situation. What are you thoughs?

Thank you all three ;P

1 registered user and 42 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "brunodc" is male

Date of registration: May 31st 2011

Language Team: French

Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Tuesday, December 10th 2013, 10:28am

Also, guys, I can upload your translations at the TVP and TZM channels if you want them there. We usually distinguish LTI translations and other translations by adding an extra bit of information about the track on youtube, so it can be done without confusion! You can send a PM to me with the subtitles you want posted and I'll take care of it.

3 registered users and 42 guests thanked already.

FrankySnatra, ossi11111, Ray

© Linguistic Team International 2017
Context In Motion