You are not logged in.

Linguistic Team International Forum

Welcome to Linguistic Team's Global Progress & Support Forum - The official all-volunteer 'Translation House' of TVP & TZM

Did you know... ?

The forum Calendar shows all of the global LTI meeting dates/times already converted to your own local time,
provided you have your local timezone set within your Profile (Profile » Settings » General).

:) Welcome: If you're unsure about how to get started, please log in and ask in a new thread in the Introduce Yourself section. ;)
If it exists, you should also introduce yourself in your Language Team section below.

All Coordinators and Language Team 'veterans' should add the global Intro board to their Favorites.

Also, watch the Shoutbox for any special announcements! PM Ray if you need anything.

Shoutbox

[Today, 10:36pm] zedom: Hey 777nextleVelbeast! Consider introducing yourself first at the 'Introduce Yourself (global)' section!

[Today, 6:59pm] 777nextleVelbeast: Do I need to registrate in Dotsub to proceed with any translations?

[Today, 6:58pm] 777nextleVelbeast: I would like to translate the trailer of the new documentary

[Today, 6:57pm] 777nextleVelbeast: Hello Ray!!I have just registered..

[Oct 15th 2019, 10:14pm] Ray: That's a really cool tool, zhr0! Thanks for sharing it here.

[Oct 7th 2019, 11:02pm] zhr0: https://www.cnet.com/videos/how-to-use-g…tes-photo-tool/

[Sep 5th 2019, 11:23pm] Ray: The complete "A World Worth Imagining" documentary is finally open for translation, and each language team section below already has a dedicated progress thread for it under "Current Projects". Please note that this documentary is not planned to be released to the public until sometime in November, so please do not pass around the dotSUB links until then. I will announce the global release here in the shoutbox as soon as that happens. ;)

[Jun 10th 2019, 3:27am] Ray: For anyone wondering, "A World Worth Awaiting" is a new, soon-to-be-released documentary co-produced by The Venus Project and S.O.U.L.. These trailers will be released over the next couple/few weeks, starting with the 36-second "Short Trailer" next week when the next TVP Newsletter is sent out. So it would be awesome if some of you are able to get it fully translated by then. :*

[Jun 9th 2019, 7:02pm] Mr_Z: To All: ALL 5 TVP "A-world-worth-imagining" trailer vids are open for translation.

[Jun 1st 2019, 4:24pm] Mr_Z: To All: Peter-Joseph-critique-of-jordan-b-peterson-vs-slavoj-zizek-happiness-capitalism-vs-marxism is now open for translation.

[May 12th 2019, 4:52pm] Mr_Z: To All: Sue-Everatt-let-s-redesign-society-tedxlunduniversity is now open for translation.

[Apr 21st 2019, 1:14am] Mr_Z: To All: Peter-Joseph-sustainability-beyond-political-categorization-argentina-z-day-2019 is now open for translation.

[Apr 12th 2019, 3:26am] Ray: This is just a note to inform/remind everyone that Windows 7 End of Life occurs on January 14, 2020. If you are still using Win7, as I am, I strongly suggest that you start thinking now about transitioning to a significantly more up-to-date operating system (Win10, MacOS, Linux). More specifically, begin developing a written list of the things you will need to back-up (burn to CD/DVD/BRay, copy to an external drive, or perhaps upload to an online storage location such as Dropbox or Google Drive) before switching operating systems - it's not just certain files or collections of files, but also any serial codes that you'll need to reinstall apps that you've bought, any special settings in programs that you might want to reinstall, usernames & passwords if you rely on your browser to remember those, etc.. You've got plenty of time, so there's nothing there that should cause anxiety. Just grab a pen and a pad, think it through and see what you initially come up with, and then add to the list as you think of any other things to add. If anyone feels unsure what to do, hit me up in Skype or a forum PM and I will do my best to help guide you. ^^

[Feb 1st 2019, 10:27pm] Ray: As a followup to my previous shoutbox post, it seems that as soon as I completed all of that work, dotSUB converted (nearly) all of them to a playable format. Sigh!! So I went back through them and our master English threads (the 'Open for Translation' section) and reverted all of the work that I had just completed. I also migrated any translations that had been made to the new location back to the original locations, so it's (almost) like none of that ever happened. I say 'almost' because there are still a few videos that refuse to play in dotSUB. Each of those are using the new locations that I had set up for them, so none of this should affect anyone trying to help us translate any of the important materials within our care. Of course, if anyone ever happens to come across a video (or any other material) that has any kind of issue, please make me aware of it right away so it can be quickly fixed. :kiss:

[Jan 28th 2019, 10:48pm] zedom: Fantastic job!

Recent Activity (5)

Translation Team / Equipe de traduction

[French Translation] A World Worth Imagining

By Ray (Sep 5th 2019, 9:46pm)

By TshaTsha

(Today, 11:18am)

Introduce Yourself (global)

By JimmiLN (Oct 8th 2019, 1:26pm)

By Ray

(Oct 15th 2019, 10:12pm)

Segundas Rondas de Proofreading/2nd Round PR

By Sue (Jan 8th 2017, 9:14am)