You are not logged in.

Linguistic Team International Forum

Welcome to Linguistic Team's Global Progress & Support Forum - The official all-volunteer 'Translation House' of TVP & TZM

Did you know... ?

If you find any kind of error in an original English material that has already been opened for translating,
please do not hesitate to add it to the Error Reporting section so that all Language Teams can benefit from your 'sharp eye'.

:) Welcome: If you're unsure about how to get started, please log in and ask in a new thread in the Introduce Yourself section. ;)
If it exists, you should also introduce yourself in your Language Team section below.

All Coordinators and Language Team 'veterans' should add the global Intro board to their Favorites.

Also, watch the Shoutbox for any special announcements! PM Ray if you need anything.

Shoutbox

[May 12th 2019, 4:52pm] Mr_Z: To All: Sue-Everatt-let-s-redesign-society-tedxlunduniversity is now open for translation.

[Apr 21st 2019, 1:14am] Mr_Z: To All: Peter-Joseph-sustainability-beyond-political-categorization-argentina-z-day-2019 is now open for translation.

[Apr 12th 2019, 3:26am] Ray: This is just a note to inform/remind everyone that Windows 7 End of Life occurs on January 14, 2020. If you are still using Win7, as I am, I strongly suggest that you start thinking now about transitioning to a significantly more up-to-date operating system (Win10, MacOS, Linux). More specifically, begin developing a written list of the things you will need to back-up (burn to CD/DVD/BRay, copy to an external drive, or perhaps upload to an online storage location such as Dropbox or Google Drive) before switching operating systems - it's not just certain files or collections of files, but also any serial codes that you'll need to reinstall apps that you've bought, any special settings in programs that you might want to reinstall, usernames & passwords if you rely on your browser to remember those, etc.. You've got plenty of time, so there's nothing there that should cause anxiety. Just grab a pen and a pad, think it through and see what you initially come up with, and then add to the list as you think of any other things to add. If anyone feels unsure what to do, hit me up in Skype or a forum PM and I will do my best to help guide you. ^^

[Feb 1st 2019, 10:27pm] Ray: As a followup to my previous shoutbox post, it seems that as soon as I completed all of that work, dotSUB converted (nearly) all of them to a playable format. Sigh!! So I went back through them and our master English threads (the 'Open for Translation' section) and reverted all of the work that I had just completed. I also migrated any translations that had been made to the new location back to the original locations, so it's (almost) like none of that ever happened. I say 'almost' because there are still a few videos that refuse to play in dotSUB. Each of those are using the new locations that I had set up for them, so none of this should affect anyone trying to help us translate any of the important materials within our care. Of course, if anyone ever happens to come across a video (or any other material) that has any kind of issue, please make me aware of it right away so it can be quickly fixed. :kiss:

[Jan 28th 2019, 10:48pm] zedom: Fantastic job!

[Jan 23rd 2019, 9:02pm] Ray: I recently had to migrate/replace numerous videos (84 of them, plus all of their translations) that were no longer playable in dotSUB because the internet is making older Flash-based videos (FLV format) obsolete. Unfortunately, I did not fully succeed in locking down all of the old locations, so there may be some work done in what are now old/obsolete locations that you will need to move over to new Working Locations. For future reference, the titles of all of the affected videos now begin with [Read Description], and their descriptions now guide translators/proofreaders to the new locations. Also, all of the master threads in the "Open for Translation" section of the forum have been updated with the new locations. My apologies for any inconvenience this situation might cause anyone.

[Jan 21st 2019, 5:19am] Ray: For similar reasons, I also rebuilt the dotSUB tutorial page in the LTI Wiki. https://wiki.linguisticteam.org/w/Help:DotSUB

[Jan 21st 2019, 5:18am] Ray: Noticing that our Pootle tutorial in the LTI Wiki was missing some images, I just finished rebuilding the page. Hopefully, some of you will find it quite extensional. https://wiki.linguisticteam.org/w/Help:Pootle

[Dec 17th 2018, 10:15pm] zedom: Don't worry, it's quick :)

[Dec 17th 2018, 9:36pm] Ray: Unfortunately, no, and I'm quite embarrassed at having created any extra work for anyone to put the original urls back in play.

[Dec 16th 2018, 10:25pm] zedom: The new URLs are kept though?

[Dec 15th 2018, 9:14pm] Ray: The SEO experiment did not go anywhere near as well as I would have liked. For some reason, the rewrite rules were getting the various boards confused, redirecting all 'Current Projects' boards to the one for the Czech Team, for example. So, those changes have now been reversed, and I'll come back to this situation at a later time.

[Dec 4th 2018, 1:17am] Ray: Please be aware that to help increase the LTI Forum's SEO (search engine optimization), I am making some small adjustments to how the forum links to various things like categories, sections, and paginated pages. The result of which will change, for example, the url "/language-team-playgrounds/english-department/board5-active-projects/index2.html" to "/language-team-playgrounds/english-department/active-projects/index2.html". So if you have certain areas of the forum bookmarked for easy access, or if you have linked to the forum in some external resources (Facebook, etc.), please update those bookmarks to reflect these changes. Much Love and Huge Hugs to all!

[Dec 2nd 2018, 8:00pm] Ray: I sure do - Careful, Fast and Faster! :D

[Dec 2nd 2018, 7:46pm] zedom: Ok! you know my rates!

Recent Activity (3)

Active Projects

By Ray (Apr 24th 2019, 6:11am)

By Mr_Z

(Yesterday, 8:39pm)

Segundas Rondas de Proofreading/2nd Round PR

By Sue (May 12th 2019, 6:55pm)

By Snow

(May 23rd 2019, 11:44pm)

Welcome! / Introduce Yourself

By YukikoK (Jan 15th 2019, 6:22am)

By Ray