You are not logged in.

[Testing] LTI System Manager

• "lizardman" is male

Date of registration: Jun 3rd 2011

Language Team: Bulgarian

Focus Group: Translation Proofreader
LTI Administration Group

Tuesday, March 12th 2013, 6:35pm

Three suggestions (that apply for the English team as well as for the other language teams, I guess):

It is important, especially for the proofreading, to know the sequence of the work - who did first round, who did second round, etc. Is it possible that it shows that?

Sometimes it can be useful for the coordinator to make comments or leave notes about a video's translation. If there is a text field somewhere below, it could serve as place for any additional links, notes, etc.

The buttons for "I transcribed", "I timeshifted", "I proofread" to be located below each column with names, if possible, to avoid mistakes with clicking the wrong button.

1 registered user and 40 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray

• "michaelycus" is male
  • "michaelycus" started this thread

Date of registration: Jun 10th 2011

Language Team: Brazilian Team

Focus Group: Language Coordinator
LTI Development Group

Tuesday, March 12th 2013, 6:44pm

hum...

If you think the 'order' of who did what is necessary then I need to create something like we already in the brazilian team:

I dont like that solution, because we can sometimes have more than 6 translators.

But, hell... it works! (Lazy Michael thinking)

Any ideas?

-----
Comments?

Yes... we can have a field for that. Its very useful.
And in the future, maybe a chat for the given task.

1 registered user and 41 guests thanked already.

Ray

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Tuesday, March 12th 2013, 6:56pm

Could we click a button that each time that we are done with a proofreading round it would create a diff file comparing our proofreading result with what was there before? :rolleyes: That would be really cool and allow for feedback between the volunteers about what they changed, without us hving to do all the steps of remembering to download the SRT, put it in a diff, share it, etc. Ok. Maybe it is a secondary feature for later :giggle:
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 40 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Tuesday, March 12th 2013, 7:57pm

First, there needs to be some clarity that what is being created here will arrive in 'steps', with a relatively simple approach taken at first, then gradually built upon to add more functionality & complexity to the system. Please keep all of the great ideas flowing freely, as they are being added to the overall "Wish List" of features & functions that this can and will likely eventually serve. But also keep in mind that the first release will mostly be handling just the core needs.

Having said that, there has already been a lot of significant development work done a while back toward identifying the overall needs of this approach. Michael's initial list of 'Stages" was taken directly from the results of that effort, but the current flow of tasks (the approach that we have arrived at since then) has expanded a bit. I just went through the older list and attempted to bring it more up to date, as shown (and in some places, more described in detail) below. Please review this to see if you can spot anything missing, but note that some of these states apply to all languages, while others would apply only to English OR all non-English team efforts.

States
  • New // I'm not sure if this is needed. "On Hold" seems to cover any reason for adding an item but not opening it.
  • Open for transcription
  • In transcription
  • Transcription complete: Ready for proofreading // Placed in “Protected Mode”
  • In proofreading (P1)
  • In Time-stamp shifting (T1) // ← unsure of abbreviation currently in use
  • In proofreading (P2)
  • In proofreading (expandable to P3, P4, etc., as needed)
  • Proofreading complete: Awaiting Final Review (FR)
  • Final Review complete // Placed in “Lockdown” mode
    *Please note that this is not the same state as "Open for Translation". It is a shared state, so that wouldn't work for the end of a translation Final Review effort.
  • Locked, available in repository

[transition to additional languages] ← This is not a state! I'm just separating below those that are specifically non-English from the rest (some of which are shared)

These are translation-specific, although the database won’t care about that.
  • Open for translation
  • Translation complete: Ready for proofreading
  • Translation to English // For items that originate in non-English language
  • Verified for finalization // I’m still trying to recall how/why this is different from “Awaiting FR” above. I do recall that it was an important distinction, however

These are exception 'flags', although the database won’t care about this visual separation, either.
  • On Hold // For items where we have to wait for copyright granting or other issues that prevent the item from being open yet.
  • Under error review //This is used to alert the system to a discovered error and request/suggest a repair. It will require a Notes function to record the issue being reported
  • Under error repair //When activated, this shows that the item is currently offline receiving repair.
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

1 registered user and 39 guests thanked already.

nomada

• "michaelycus" is male

LTI Development Group

Wednesday, March 13th 2013, 1:18pm

Good...

Let me show what we already have implemented in the brazilian team.

'VIDEO_STATE_DELETED', -1
'VIDEO_STATE_OPEN_FOR_TRANSLATION', 0
VIDEO_STATE_TRANSLATING', 1
'VIDEO_STATE_PROOFREADING', 2
'VIDEO_STATE_READY_TO_POST', 3
'VIDEO_STATE_POSTED', 4
VIDEO_STATE_REPOSITORY', 5

Now, comparing with Ray's post, I believe we can have something like this:

States for materials of non-english teams:

- STATE_DELETED = -1 // This distinction is necessary. We never delete a item for good in the database.
- STATE_OPEN_FOR_TRANSLATION = 0
- STATE_OPEN_FOR_PROOFREADING = 1
- STATE_FINALIZED = 2 // It means that the item is finalized, but it wasn't posted it.
- STATE_POSTED = 3 // Now the item was posted, but its not in the repository yet.
- STATE_REPOSITORY = 4 // Now the item is in the repository - Does those states are really necessary? Yes, we don't upload videos as soon as they are done; and we don't send them immediately to repository cause they can change.
- STATE_ON_HOLD = 5
- STATE_UNDER_ERROR_REVIEW = 6
- STATE_UNDER_ERROR_REPAIR = 7

I really think we should not "allow" non-english teams to create videos. Not yet... you know what I mean.
Its not a good idea to confuse the states, so let keep them simple right now. In the future we can think about a solution that enable non-english teams to share their transcription.

---

Rod, I dont think we can create a single "MAKE THE DIFF" button, but I will try to implement some 'shortcuts' that can help the team with that.

36 guests thanked already.
  • "Di Anna" is female

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2011

Language Team: ENGLISH

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Wednesday, March 13th 2013, 2:27pm

Hey, SuperMichael :fc-spiderman:
What a marvel you are! As I read the thread, I've lifted this from Ray's post. This looks like what works for the English Team. One question, though, which Nomada will need to respond to. Didn't we 'sort of' decide that we could do the T1 (Timestamp adjustments) AFTER P2, and before the FR?

Open for transcription
In transcription
Transcription complete: Ready for proofreading // Placed in “Protected Mode”
In proofreading (P1)
In Time-stamp shifting (T1) // ← unsure of abbreviation currently in use
In proofreading (P2)
In proofreading (expandable to P3, P4, etc., as needed)
Proofreading complete: Awaiting Final Review (FR)
Final Review complete // Placed in “Lockdown” mode

((SUPERhugs)) to you, Michael
Di
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

37 guests thanked already.
  • "michaelycus" is male

LTI Development Group

Wednesday, March 13th 2013, 3:11pm

Ok... I just read Di's post now.
I wait until you guys decide what is the better order for english tasks! :smiley:
Above what I had in mind before Di posted:

So, for the english team we can have:

- STATE_DELETED = -1
- STATE_OPEN_TO_TRANSCRIPTION = 0 // I'm not sure if you really need a 'in transcription' state.
- STATE_OPEN_FOR_FIRST_PROOFREADING = 1
- STATE_TIME-STAMP_SHIFTING = 2
- STATE_TIME_FINAL_PROOFREADING = 3
- STATE_WAINTING_FINAL_REVIEW= 4
- STATE_FINAL_REVIEW_COMPLETED = 5
- STATE_LOCKED_AND_AVAILABLE = 6

It's important to notice that those variable are CONSTANTS, it means they cannot easily change; and adding new values between them will demand a total update in the database, which is something we always should avoid.

Let me see if I understand what the english teams needs:

For instance, Di wants to proofread a video but first she needs to know who already proofread that video. So we have the following cenario:

STATE_OPEN_TO_TRANSCRIPTION - Done by Bruno (and maybe others)

STATE_OPEN_FOR_FIRST_PROOFREADING - Done by Ray

STATE_TIME-STAMP_SHIFTING - Done by Rodrigo

STATE_TIME_FINAL_PROOFREADING - Done by Dario and Jussi.

When Di realizes that she can help with the final proofread (3rd proofreading), she does and when she is done, she clicks on the button "I proofread!".

Should we have a button "I'm proofreading"?
I dont think so. This kind of button will create a lot of confusion. Maybe people will start a proofreading and never finish. So you just will announce your contribution when your job is already done.
Besides we will have a special field for comments (and in the future a chat) where we can communicate between members what is going on with the given task.

Please, I really appreciate some feedback here. You guys know more about the english team than me.

41 guests thanked already.
  • "Di Anna" is female

Final Reviewer

Wednesday, March 13th 2013, 3:30pm

STATE_OPEN_TO_TRANSCRIPTION - Done by Bruno (and maybe others)

STATE_OPEN_FOR_FIRST_PROOFREADING - Done by Ray
STATE_OPEN_FOR_SECOND_PROOFREADING - Done by Mr. B
STATE_TIME-STAMP_SHIFTING - Done by Rodrigo

STATE_TIME_FINAL_PROOFREADING - Done by Dario and Jussi.

I added the 2nd proofreading above, Michael. Also, let's make sure Nomada is in agreement about moving the timeshifting AFTER the 2nd proofreading. Otherwise, it's good to me.
Should we have a button "I'm proofreading"?
I dont think so. This kind of button will create a lot of confusion. Maybe people will start a proofreading and never finish. So you just will announce your contribution when your job is already done.
Besides we will have a special field for comments (and in the future a chat) where we can communicate between members what is going on with the given task.

This is excellent to me, Michael. We just need to REALLY communicate to our Teams what the buttons mean. Remembering to communicate is always the hardest part.
((HUGS))
Di
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

1 registered user and 36 guests thanked already.

michaelycus

• "michaelycus" is male

LTI Development Group

Sunday, March 17th 2013, 11:41am

Ok, moving forward...

The LTI has many 'categories' of material. I want to know if the following ones are enough:

0 => "TZM",
1 => "PJ",
2 => "TVP",
3 => "COMM",
4 => "EXT"

3 registered users and 41 guests thanked already.

nomada, Di Anna, Ray

• "michaelycus" is male

LTI Development Group

Sunday, March 17th 2013, 12:06pm

And what about the type of the material?

0 => VIDEO
1 => TEXT

What more?

2 registered users and 40 guests thanked already.

Di Anna, Ray

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Sunday, March 17th 2013, 2:21pm

In the categories, EXT. is for external. Maybe we could find a better name for those?
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

2 registered users and 40 guests thanked already.

Di Anna, michaelycus

• "Di Anna" is female

Final Reviewer

Sunday, March 17th 2013, 2:29pm

0 => VIDEO
1 => TEXT

What more?

What about 'radio', Michael? It seems a different medium than 'text'.

1 registered user and 39 guests thanked already.

michaelycus

• "Di Anna" is female

Final Reviewer

Sunday, March 17th 2013, 2:32pm

In the categories, EXT. is for external. Maybe we could find a better name for those?

What about 'other'? I agree 'external' seems to separate 'who's in' vs. 'who's out'.

37 guests thanked already.
  • "Ray" is male

Sunday, March 17th 2013, 5:15pm

Your category list are complete, and represents the following:
TVP - Produced by TVP
TZM - Produced by TZM
PJ - Produced by Peter Joseph (and requested by PJ as being kept separate from TZM materials)
COMM - Produced by members of the RBE Community
EXT - Produced by people not yet associated with the greater RBE Community

I only see one TYPE missing, but it's one that we have not yet added to the LTI system. Since it will be added once things settle down, I suggest including it in the database now.
0 - VIDEO
1 - TEXT
2 - AUDIO

Return question for you, Michael:
Do you see value in breaking up the TEXT type into subtypes, such as Document, PDF, E-book, etc.?

My thinking here is that each of these received a different treatment upon completion and, this PMS system will likely be expanded later in order to accomodate the different paths that each takes (i.e. automation of different types of conversions, separate display interfaces for each sub-type as search results, etc.)

1 registered user and 36 guests thanked already.

Di Anna

• "Ray" is male

Sunday, March 17th 2013, 5:21pm

For Rodrigo & Di Anna, these are only internal, "back-end" representations of the various categories & multimedia types. Their representation within the system must be kept simple for internal database handling.

Of course, we are free to call them whatever we choose for the 'front end' displays (COMM could be called "Community Creations" or "Stuff made by awesome RBE lunatics!", for example). :fc-batman:

1 registered user and 41 guests thanked already.

Di Anna

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion