You are not logged in.

• "4ndy" is male
  • "4ndy" started this thread

Date of registration: Jan 17th 2013

Language Team: English

Focus Group: English Proofreader

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 5:11pm

TZM Official Blog Team

Having been helping the TZM Official Blog editorial team with English articles for the last 6 months now and seeing how well we work, that the IT system and processes seem to work OK yet we are under-staffed, I think that team could operate far more effectively if it was merged with LTI in order to share skills. Although some high-quality literature is being turned out, the lag time from submission to publication/rejection is still unacceptable (on the order of 2-4 weeks on average) - especially for news/current-events articles, because our small team is mostly comprised of volunteers with a day-job to take care of. There are still a very small handful of articles written in Deutsch, Francais and Español on our 'inbox', which I don't even want to say how many weeks they have been sitting there without being dealt with, due to a lack of active editors fluent in those languages.

Brandy said a couple of weeks ago that she would schedule a Teamspeak meeting soon and introduce some new people who had applied to join the team. I haven't heard from her since then, but I think this could be an ideal time to discuss consolidating our resources.

2 registered users and 46 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray, nomada

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Saturday, January 19th 2013, 4:07am

Hi 4ndy!
I tried to set this connection up before the blog site was even launched (we were still handling the official Newsletters manually at the time), but it didn't pan out due to some misinformed objections that are not worth resurrecting.

I'm all for discussing what's needed and seeing what we might be able to do to kick things into a higher gear. Let me know what you and the others have in mind and we'll go from there.

Warm Regards,
Ray
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

2 registered users and 52 guests thanked already.

nomada, 4ndy

• "4ndy" is male

Saturday, January 19th 2013, 1:54pm

I'm all for discussing what's needed and seeing what we might be able to do to kick things into a higher gear. Let me know what you and the others have in mind and we'll go from there.

Hi Ray, Brandy got back in touch saying she's had a lot more volunteers offering to help with the blog now, and she plans to send out an invite sometime this weekend for our next meeting. The meeting was originally intended to introduce those new people, but she reckons we may need to discuss coordination with a bigger team. I'll let you know when it is and maybe we can talk about effective structure/protocols.
I also see the next LTI meeting is marked down for this evening on this site's calendar, so I'll try to contact her and see if she can come along to that. Either way there should be an opportunity soon.

2 registered users and 47 guests thanked already.

nomada, Ray

• "Ray" is male

Saturday, January 19th 2013, 11:18pm

Sounds great.
I'm seeing this after the LTI meeting, so it's known that Brandy was unable to attend that. So, just keep in touch until the opportunity comes up.

79 guests thanked already.
  • "4ndy" is male

Wednesday, January 30th 2013, 1:34am

The next blog TS3 meeting has been scheduled for this Sunday, 3rd of February, at 1700UTC. You're more than welcome to come along and help us figure this out.

2 registered users and 43 guests thanked already.

Ray, nomada

• "Ray" is male

Wednesday, January 30th 2013, 2:54am

Sounds good, but please hit me up with a reminder an hour ahead of time if you can. When I get focused on things, I tend to lose all track of time and space. :D

1 registered user and 54 guests thanked already.

nomada

• "4ndy" is male

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 5:26pm

Tried to get you on skype just over an hour ago, guess you didn't see it, but we're in full swing now.

46 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion