You are not logged in.

• "Ray" is male
  • "Ray" started this thread

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Sunday, July 3rd 2011, 8:28am

Folks with "Mad Multimedia Skillz" for the Linguistic TechTeam

If you have such skillz (or would like to learn some) and want to be part of the now-forming TechTeam, contact Txetxo and he'll hook you up. :thumbup:
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

71 guests thanked already.
  • "TBS (Thijs)" is male

Date of registration: Jun 3rd 2011

Language Team: Dutch

Focus Group: Translator

Saturday, July 16th 2011, 8:52pm

Hey Ray! What exactly do you mean with "Mad Multimedia Skillz"? We have a small team of people with photoshop, graphic design, video editing skills etc. here in The Netherlands... Is that something you guys need?

1 registered user and 65 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Ray

• "txetxo" is male

Date of registration: Jun 19th 2011

Language Team: Bulgarian

Focus Group: Linguistic TechTeam Group
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Monday, July 18th 2011, 12:16am

Thijs, the team of photoshopers is a powerful resource for some of the projects, it is great to have such on board :thumbsup: . Also, many other skills are needed for the TechTeam when dealing with the actual media to be made available for the Ling Team to work with. For example we need to prepare a DVD template for the final videos to be wrapped in a .ISO's and made available via torrents or other way of downloading worldwide.
On the LTT page in the wiki there is a request section where anybody can place a task and therefore we need to be on the alert for those and respond adequately. In the process of working on the particular tasks other skills are needed such as communicativity, isight of the LTI methods and tools etc. Those, luckily are the skills which most of the LTI members already possess, that's why it will be worth for the interested in helping - out with the tech stuff to switch between the translations and a particular technical issue when a call is sent out.
In general the best possible quality video/audio is needed in first place in order to the LTI to even start on the translations, so often case that becomes the bottle neck in the workflow for the whole team and even though it is not a full time job it is of an essential importance for the highest quality output of all the linguistic teams' hard work. As the rest of the community efforts here though is also a great fun!

The main wiki page with the description of the Linguistic TechTeam objectives is undergoing constant updates and can be seen here: http://wiki.zmlingteam.org/w/Linguistic_Technical_Team ^^ .
Signature from »txetxo« txetxo, Linguistic TechTeam (LTT) "You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete" Buckminster Fuller. http://forum.linguisticteam.org/

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "txetxo" (Jul 18th 2011, 6:09am)

1 registered user and 60 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Tuesday, July 19th 2011, 6:30am

I'll also add that we're fast approaching the point where enough materials have been completed to justify a much more public showing of all that everyone's accomplished so far (and let it continually grow from that point).

As such, we're going to need 'Linguistic Team International'-branded DVD menus, ISO's built, torrents created & initially seeded, 'instructions for burning' developed and included in the above, etc., along with our own repository of original-quality, single-file videos made available for download for those who want to create their own DVDs (we can't rely on external sources, since they often dry up). Then there's also a strong need for custom images for the LTI website I'm currently putting together, certain videos converted to audio-only (for the MANY who can benefit from listening to them in the car, while jogging or cleaning house, etc.) and a whole lot of other things that I am unable to recall right now.

Having said all of that, I envision these very important roles as likely 'part-time', once some of the initial setting up of the team's resources is out of the way. ^^

58 guests thanked already.
  • "TBS (Thijs)" is male

Language Team: Dutch

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 4:48pm

I found someone for the menu design. I gave him your skype names so he'll contact you very soon.
I'll also send out an email to all our video editors, they may have an interest/capability in helping with the technical video coding stuff...

Cheers!

1 registered user and 61 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 1:46am

Sweet! ^^

61 guests thanked already.
  • "txetxo" is male

Date of registration: Jun 19th 2011

Focus Group: Linguistic TechTeam Group
LTI Administration Group
LTI Development Group

Monday, October 31st 2011, 10:49pm

Other direction of the effort leads to the "LTI Tutorials Project" which was just initiated. The point is, in analogy to the translations in the Linguistic team, to start producing high-quality tutorials on the more frequently met problems in the daily practice in the LTI on a system's approach. For instance, it is necessary to create a Tutorial on the installation and use of the official voice chat program we are using for online meetings, namely - Teamspeak3. A thread was opened for it in the section Linguistic Team International Forum » The LT International Lounge » Tech Dep't (Multimedia Division) » Distribution Center » Request for making a tutorial on installation and use of Teamspeak3 The strategy for producing high quality video tutorials is in development and depends on the effort of the participants in the project. It has to do a lot with multimedia editing skillz, that's why is mentioned here.
Signature from »txetxo« txetxo, Linguistic TechTeam (LTT) "You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete" Buckminster Fuller. http://forum.linguisticteam.org/

1 registered user and 58 guests thanked already.

Ray

Date of registration: Aug 28th 2012

Language Team: Hindi

Public Relations Group
Language Coordinator

Tuesday, August 28th 2012, 3:03pm

hello, please let me know how can I help in this project.

If you have such skillz (or would like to learn some) and want to be part of the now-forming TechTeam, contact Txetxo and he'll hook you up. :thumbup:

1 registered user and 52 guests thanked already.

Ray

Public Relations Group
Language Coordinator

Tuesday, August 28th 2012, 3:08pm

let me know how can i help

please let me know how can I help in this project. very interested.

1 registered user and 51 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "lizardman" is male

Focus Group: Translation Proofreader
LTI Administration Group

Wednesday, August 29th 2012, 11:59am

Hello purva. :)

Can you tell us what interests and skills you have in the tekkie fields? That would be useful in order to find out how you can help with this project.

Hugs

1 registered user and 48 guests thanked already.

Ray

Public Relations Group
Language Coordinator

Wednesday, August 29th 2012, 1:11pm

hello, please let me know how can I help in this project.

1 registered user and 53 guests thanked already.

Ray

Public Relations Group
Language Coordinator

Wednesday, August 29th 2012, 1:22pm

hello,

Hellosts and skills you have in the tekkie fields? That would be useful in order to find out how you can help with this project.

Hugs
Hello Lizardman,

I know the basic, word, excel, pp. I'm also very much into social media marketing. I'm internet savvy.Internet surfing browsing...anything related to it.
Thanks
regards

1 registered user and 53 guests thanked already.

Ray

• "Ray" is male

Friday, August 31st 2012, 4:29am

Hi Purva! :thumbup:
In this context, "Multimedia" indicates tasks needing to be performed on videos, audio files, PDF creation, etc.. With your skill set, the LTI PR Group (focusing on both internal & external public relations as well as incoming and outgoing progress reporting) seems like a much more perfect fit. If you're interested, get in touch with Rodrigo ( @nomada ) who is putting together & coordinating the group.

54 guests thanked already.
  • "naattik" is male

Date of registration: Mar 10th 2013

Language Team: Telugu

Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator
Language Team Assistant
Linguistic TechTeam Group
Public Relations Group

Sunday, March 10th 2013, 5:45am

I can help with Graphic Design (Adobe - PS, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat) and Photo Editing.

If there is anything that you need just let me know.

Thank you,

3 registered users and 55 guests thanked already.

sarjuva, Ray, nomada

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Sunday, March 10th 2013, 9:18am

I know the basic, word, excel, pp. I'm also very much into social media marketing. I'm internet savvy.Internet surfing browsing...anything related to it.
Thanks
regards
Hi Purva!! It seems that your skills are great to help in the PR Group! Would you like to try that?
Surfing theweb, browsing, posting contents in different locations so others can better be aware of where they can help... are some of the things that we focus upon, indeed :thumbup:

Let me know here or even in skype or facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/rodrigo.cardoso.393?ref=tn_tnmn

hugs
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

1 registered user and 57 guests thanked already.

Ray

© Linguistic Team International 2018
Context In Motion