• "Maarika" started this thread

Date of registration: Jun 3rd 2011

Language Team: Estonian

Focus Group: Translator
Translation Proofreader
Language Coordinator

Friday, July 8th 2011, 9:20pm

Regarding the priority of the Activist Orientation Guide

Not very long ago, the Estonian chapter found out that you cannot have an 'officially' recognised chapter website listed on the main TZM website unless you have the Activist Orientation Guide translated into your language. I know this project is pretty high on our priority list but I would suggest that languages which have no chapter established and/or are missing a website link on the main TZM page would prioritise this project because setting up a chapter would be a huge resource for getting more people to join the linguistic team as well.

This is something I had no idea about up to recently when we tried to get our chapter website linked on the main page but we didn't qualify because we don't have the Activist Orientation Guide translate. At the moment, this whole thing is on a standstill because we're waiting for the updated version that PJ is supposed to release because we had only about 30% of the current version translated, and it's a bit of a waste of resources if we get the old version done and a new one comes out.

Just throwing this out here to others who may not be aware of it. (Not sure if I posted it in the right forum though.)

56 guests thanked already.
  • "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Saturday, July 9th 2011, 4:04am

Just to confirm the above info, Peter is currently working on recreating the ZM Activist Orientation Guide, as well as the Orientation Presentation video. He already had these created, but then decided that they are far too long and too difficult to use as a great introduction and reference to what the Zeitgeist Movement is all about, so he went back tot he 'drawing board' and is doing them over again.

I have no idea how long it will be before their release, so the advice is that if your team has them more than 3/4 of the way finished in translation, or if you are already in Proofreading, please complete the work so there are no artificial delays for members of your language in gaining possible Chapter status. If you are less than 3/4 through the translating, however, consider moving onto something else and wait out the time it takes for the new version to be released.
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

63 guests thanked already.
  • "Di Anna" is female

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2011

Language Team: ENGLISH

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Saturday, July 9th 2011, 7:16pm

Orientation Video

Ray & Nomada, Jack is going to do a few 5-min segments on the 2nd proofing for this. We've posted his name on the google spreadsheet as (doing). Hopefully, we'll get it completed soon! ((hugs)) Di :love:
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

60 guests thanked already.
  • "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Sunday, July 10th 2011, 9:24am

Ok, that's great, Di.
Even if this is never opened to the translation teams due to PJ bringing out the OP v.2.0 sooner than later, a fully proofread English transcription will give others the ability to translate it outside of the LingTeam at any time for posterity's sake. And if we ever run out of stuff to do, maybe we'll go back and have a go at translating it ourselves for future electronic museums. :D
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

53 guests thanked already.
  • "Di Anna" is female

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2011

Language Team: ENGLISH

Final Reviewer

Sunday, July 10th 2011, 4:31pm

Thanks, Ray! I agree. It seems a shame to be this close and not "wrap it up." ((hugs)) my friend, Di
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

48 guests thanked already.
  • "Jack" is male

Date of registration: Jul 5th 2011

Language Team: English

Tuesday, July 12th 2011, 8:38pm

Heh, Ray,

I have completed proofreading the Orientation Video. Posted on google spread sheet.

Jack

54 guests thanked already.

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Wednesday, July 13th 2011, 12:28am

Yepayeee!!! 8o Way to go Jack!! What kind of vitamins are you taking there?

This video is then ready to be opened for translation and translation proofreading!
I will add it to the right section in the forum and post it on facebook too.

Go ninjas!!! Jack and Di ROCK!!! :thumbsup:
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

43 guests thanked already.
  • "Jack" is male

Date of registration: Jul 5th 2011

Wednesday, July 13th 2011, 2:23am

I take A,B,C,D,E,F,G & sometimes Y, so I can keep my hair growing. :whistling:

47 guests thanked already.
© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion