You are not logged in.

• "Ray" is male

Date of registration: May 23rd 2011

Language Team: Global

Focus Group: LTI Administration Group

Friday, January 10th 2014, 2:53pm

@nomada:, If it doesn't already exist somewhere (if it does, who is aware of it?), I believe it would help immensely to more publicly present a basic list of the tasks needed to develop a fully-functioning PR Group, so that people could see just what kinds of focuses need to be filled.

For example:
one, maybe two people to focus exclusively on the social networks (Facebook, Google+, Twitter, etc)
one person focusing directly on establishing stronger connections between LTI and TVP groups & TZM chapters (they could benefit greatly from our supply of translations, while we would benefit greatly from their translation support)
one person who focuses on LTI language team outreach (bringing all teams collaboratively closer together, making sure they are fully aware of all global resources, helping them to keep the PMS updated with their activity so we can all celebrate their accomplishments, etc.)
etc.
etc.
etc.

If you decide to do something like this, I also suggest that you specify how many people you believe it would take to be highly effective for each focus. Making it a more specific statement like that tends to help people try to envision themselves taking that 'one' spot, realizing that they would not just be part of a collective, but be taking on a serious need that only they would be responsible for fulfilling. Collective calls for volunteers make it harder for them to envision just how much of a difference a single person could make to the overall effort. ;)
Signature from »Ray« Earth For Sale:
Slightly Used; inquire within

5 registered users and 63 guests thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

kassy, Lcs, nomada, Di Anna, Suze

Date of registration: May 24th 2011

Language Team: English

Focus Group: Timestamp Adjustment Team
Public Relations Group

Wednesday, January 15th 2014, 5:27pm

Looks like Christos created and event on facebook, for this sunday 19th January at 19:00 UTC. I want to suggest that we create a doodle to have time to promote this event and develop it even more. I am thinking of the whole 'newcomers welcoming group', which are simply that phenomena we see happening on the facebook group of people taking the initiative to guide newcomers to what they need to find and integrate. What do you say, fellows? Wanna go a bit further in this goal, with some more global and other platform strategies? We would still focus on one platform or 2 but the difference is that we would be connected and aware between all platforms and PR Group initiatives.
I am notifying here several forum members that either have many posts/activity in this forum, participated in PR or coordination efforts before or simply are quite around a lot.
@DionisOdam: @benzaiten: @Ana: @georgyvlad: @ralle4: @niciacruz: @FrankySnatra: @cris: @kwizrak: @MarlysePi: @yv6eda: @WurmD: @nitrofurano: @Yayita: @lizardman: @Sue: @Diana: @brunodc: @lllCockroachlll: @sarjuva: @juliana watanabe: @Andre13:

I wonder if you fellows want to join this collaboration. The RBE
community has many platforms so we will need to be as many as possible
for this to be successful. Tasks can vary a lot. I have many strategies
and solutions in mind but I would prefer to go through them in a TS
meeting. So I will be present in the event that Christos created on facebook for this sunday but I will create a Doodle for a later event, to give a chance of more people to join the project. I don't see this being done with success and calling many volunteers that will ease our future efforts and accomplishments if we aren't at least a 6 people !active! in the PR Group. Having 2 persons for one same platform, for example, will make it possible for people to take the project forward and not abandon for 'lack of time' or 'overload'.

Here is the doodle. Fill in as many possibilities as you have, so we meet with the biggest number possible ; )
http://doodle.com/uxcia5wbwmpk4rzp#table

hugs
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

7 registered users and 87 guests thanked already.

Di Anna, Priscila Miranda, DionisOdam, Calvetmaria, ralle4, Suze, nitrofurano

• "Di Anna" is female

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2011

Language Team: ENGLISH

Focus Group: English Proofreader
Final Reviewer

Wednesday, January 15th 2014, 7:13pm

I want to suggest that we create a doodle to have time to promote this event and develop it even more.

Yes, Nomada... I want to join in this collaboration and ALL collaborations that can help us work 'smarter' as the TEAM we can be. Let's doodle it...Let's promote it... LET'S DO IT! Let's find the enthusiasm and motivation necessary to change this world... as a TEAM!

((hugs))
Di
Signature from »Di Anna« Important: The forum can send you an email for each post that you are interested in.
Please follow these directions to adjust your settings so that you receive communications.

3 registered users and 52 guests thanked already.

nomada, ralle4, Ray

Public Relations Group

Thursday, January 16th 2014, 10:32am

Yes, Nomada... I want to join in this collaboration and ALL collaborations that can help us work 'smarter' as the TEAM we can be. Let's doodle it
here is the doodle!! http://doodle.com/uxcia5wbwmpk4rzp#table :come:

not many people filled it yet.
Signature from »nomada« Click to know how to: - Receive email notifications - Join the LTI biweekly Meetings

2 registered users and 49 guests thanked already.

Di Anna, Ray

• "niciacruz" is female

Date of registration: Jan 25th 2013

Language Team: Portuguese

Focus Group: Translator
Linguistic TechTeam Group
Public Relations Group

Thursday, January 16th 2014, 12:14pm

Yes, I want to join. It's time to put my hands to work already. I've been away for so long... :(

3 registered users and 58 guests thanked already.

nomada, Di Anna, Ray

• "Christos Pap." is male
  • "Christos Pap." started this thread

Date of registration: Nov 21st 2012

Language Team: Greek

Focus Group: Final Reviewer
Language Coordinator

Friday, January 17th 2014, 12:09am

Hey, Nicia. You can do it here. http://doodle.com/uxcia5wbwmpk4rzp#table
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

53 guests thanked already.

Public Relations Group

Saturday, January 18th 2014, 2:16am

Hi fellows!
The doodle of our gathering seems to point the first day with most presences to the friday and the second to the saturday, 24th and 25th. There is quite some time until then, for anyone to readjust your availability in the doodle accordingly to any surprises on our offline lives, if needed :D

Until then, here is something that I think can help us maintain connected in the ideas and put this into practice without much effort: a google docs where we can design this strategy together, without having to 'get together' to do it. I started filling it with some suggestions. Everyone adding and giving feedback in comments will make this really easy to take shape. What do you say? Here is the doc: http://bit.ly/KohCBJ (the best feature of a google docs is to be edited by several people in a shared way; use it! :tongue: )

I need to add your google accounts for you to be able to edit it, if you think this is a good idea.

hugs

2 registered users and 48 guests thanked already.

Ray, Di Anna

Language Coordinator

Saturday, January 18th 2014, 9:01am

Good idea, Rod. If we fill it up by the time the meeting starts, then the meeting will be much more efficient.
Signature from »Christos Pap.« To come to the meetings, install teamspeak from HERE and then press HERE to be transferred directly, and look for the "Linguistic Team" Channel.

3 registered users and 56 guests thanked already.

nomada, Ray, ralle4

Public Relations Group

Saturday, January 18th 2014, 7:17pm

I was thinking of we starting to fill it up now, so we have something to talk about in the meeting ;)

2 registered users and 51 guests thanked already.

ralle4, Ray

Language Coordinator

Friday, January 24th 2014, 1:30am

Seems like today, Friday the 24 is the day which suits most people and the most suitable time is 8pm GMT. You guys have fun. I'm afraid I won't make it. Please inform me of what you talked about or record it.

3 registered users and 52 guests thanked already.

Di Anna, ralle4, Ray

Public Relations Group

Friday, January 24th 2014, 6:21pm

I am online, but there wasn't a reminder of the meeting nor promotion, so I wonder if we might have more people present and will be more ready for this if we extend the doodle a bit more and everyone adjust the availability so we can have it another day?

3 registered users and 48 guests thanked already.

Di Anna, ralle4, Ray

• "ralle4" is female

Date of registration: Jul 27th 2012

Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader
Public Relations Group

Friday, January 24th 2014, 8:24pm

I think you're probably right, if we just extend the doodle we can gather a larger crowd. ...I am fine either way. I was in there and I know Di was, too, lol...we're all "looking for each other" and no one is finding anybody, lol! :)...Perhaps we should see how many available we have now? We can certainly have a small talk and do it again w/ a bigger crowd, too!...

2 registered users and 48 guests thanked already.

Di Anna, Ray

• "ralle4" is female

Date of registration: Jul 27th 2012

Focus Group: English Transcriber
English Proofreader
Public Relations Group

Friday, January 24th 2014, 8:33pm

And according to my log on the bottom of this page there are 6 other people including you, nomada, browsing on this page right now. That would mean all of our original 7 who responded as available, maybe??. Just a thought! :)

1 registered user and 48 guests thanked already.

Ray

Language Coordinator

Friday, January 24th 2014, 8:38pm

My mistake, guys. I totally forgot to promote it. I have no stable internet connection, guys, so I can't use teamspeak. I hope I can log in soon. If there are not enough people today, let me know so I extend this doodle or create a new one.

3 registered users and 53 guests thanked already.

ralle4, Di Anna, Ray

Public Relations Group

Friday, January 24th 2014, 10:33pm

Please do, whenever you can Christos. Or create a new one if it will allow for more clarity in using it. Yeah, maybe it is less confusing, don't you think? we can promote that new doodle again, together with the google docs.

3 registered users and 54 guests thanked already.

Di Anna, kassy, Ray

© Linguistic Team International 2019
Context In Motion